BFTT - QPR (A)

142 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: BFTT - QPR (A)

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 08:16

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews Only bad thing to come out of the evening was Miazga now facing a 3 game ban. It was a clear strike to the head behind the ref's back, ban incoming.

Dont be a oxf*rd idiot.

Well it was and he will be banned. Get over it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Oct 2019 08:18

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews Only bad thing to come out of the evening was Miazga now facing a 3 game ban. It was a clear strike to the head behind the ref's back, ban incoming.

Dont be a oxf*rd idiot.

Quite possibly. Let’s wait and see first shall we.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 08:19

Sutekh
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Dont be a oxf*rd idiot.

Quite possibly. Let’s wait and see first shall we.

Can't wait for Jagermeister to come crawling back with his apology to me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 08:20

I really enjoyed that game. We looked good. Ejaria was great. Someone needs to make a compilation of him dribbling. It's so great to watch.

I love having a shithouse defender like Miazga. He doesnt care about making friends does he.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2019 08:21

There’s a chance he might get done for it. Didn’t think it was particularly bad personally - and their bald CB elbowed Puscas later on which wasn’t much better

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 08:23

Hound There’s a chance he might get done for it. Didn’t think it was particularly bad personally - and their bald CB elbowed Puscas later on which wasn’t much better

Thing with that one is you could argue it was just a mistimed challenge. Miazga's was a clear look to see the referee had his back turned, a look at the player and then the aggression. He is going to get banned for it but in a way I am delighted we are getting a bit nasty.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Oct 2019 08:26

After the last game saying I didn't detect that much of a difference, all I can say is wow. Bowen said he favoured a fast direct attacking game and I have to say I haven't seen such a direct attacking game from us in literally years, since before Stam I think. Balls were getting into Baldock, Puscas. Both strikers scored. Brilliant.

On top of that actually having a winger makes such a difference, even if only for a plan B off the bench. Brilliant wide work out from GMac terrorising their left side and eventually a perfect ball in for Baldock to score (and the first man whoever that was could've scored too).

A definite difference.

Ejaria is our standout player and he is being utilised to his fullest. When they shut him down we slow down but that should open other doors for us.

Going away against a potentially top of the league side and getting a point?

The only caveat to this is that QPR play ina "who can score more" way with a leaky defence, so maybe that's why we looked so much more direct. It was still great to watch!

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 23 Oct 2019 08:29

Old Man Andrews
Hound There’s a chance he might get done for it. Didn’t think it was particularly bad personally - and their bald CB elbowed Puscas later on which wasn’t much better

Thing with that one is you could argue it was just a mistimed challenge. Miazga's was a clear look to see the referee had his back turned, a look at the player and then the aggression. He is going to get banned for it but in a way I am delighted we are getting a bit nasty.

Yeah unfortunately, Miazgas was an off the ball incident. A bit of shirt pulling doesn't deserve a reaction like that. I can now see other shithouse CFs targeting him all game from now.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Oct 2019 08:37

I warned y'all before he joined I didn't like him for his shithousery.

But now I kinda also do because it's for us.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 08:44

Old Man Andrews

I watched it back a few times at half time. Miazga never looks up at the ref. He just lashes out. The refs back being turned is just a happy coincidence.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 08:45

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

I watched it back a few times at half time. Miazga never looks up at the ref. He just lashes out. The refs back being turned is just a happy coincidence.

We will see what the FA think won't we. He is getting banned, banned for 3 games.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Oct 2019 08:46

Westwood52 What an appalling refereeing performance,which could have had a huge effect on the game.
We started really well,when Ejaria was on fire;we then had a very poor 50 minutes,before coming back strongly at the end.
A good result however.
IMHO

Rafael 6 No chance on the goals,but apart from that had little to do.A bit of a cock up with Morrison however.
Yiadom 8 MOM,physical and a constant threat on the right going forward.
Miazga 1 Absolute muppet could easily have been sent off.Where would we have been then, with an hour to go ?
Morrison 7 Very solid performance,but nothing spectacular.
Moore 5 Bad positioning on the first goal.
Rino 7 Had his hands full with Eze,but provided a lot of drive.For long periods had to cover a lot of holes.
Richards 3 Totally lacking in confidence.One good cross in a game isn’t enough of a contribution.Surely Blackett is the better option?
Ejaria 5 Mesmerising in the 1st half then totally disappeared in the 2nd.Comparisions with Eze weren’t great,who put in 90 minutes of contribution,without quite hitting Ovies best heights.
Swift 5 Until late on played Hollywood.Needs to be more professional.
Puskas 5 Hugely at fault for the 1st goal,but got his goal,and won a few clashes 2nd half.
Baldock 5 Should have scored 1st half,then a few half chances at least he was in the right place.

Macca gave it a go

Baldock was man of the match......which was probably about right considering his work rate and goal.....tap in or not.....Those ratings are awful. Are you sure you were at the right match?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Oct 2019 08:50

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Thing with that one is you could argue it was just a mistimed challenge. Miazga's was a clear look to see the referee had his back turned, a look at the player and then the aggression. He is going to get banned for it but in a way I am delighted we are getting a bit nasty.

We will see what the FA think won't we. He is getting banned, banned for 3 games.

The FA won't even review it. There were worse challenges in the game that were seen and nothing given.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 08:51

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Thing with that one is you could argue it was just a mistimed challenge. Miazga's was a clear look to see the referee had his back turned, a look at the player and then the aggression. He is going to get banned for it but in a way I am delighted we are getting a bit nasty.

M8. I'm not involved in the "predict the future" game you got going on. I'm just saying he didnt look at the ref. It's up to you whether that is better or worse.

There is a sky sports video of the incident going around on twitter but I cant watch it due to living in France. Check it out again and tell me if he looks at the ref because I'm doubting my memory.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 08:52

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I watched it back a few times at half time. Miazga never looks up at the ref. He just lashes out. The refs back being turned is just a happy coincidence.

The FA won't even review it. There were worse challenges in the game that were seen and nothing given.

Just like your opinion on everything else in life you are wrong.

Grow up.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: BFTT

by LWJ » 23 Oct 2019 09:15

Jagermesiter1871 Anyone saying the Miagza incident was a clear red is an idiot.

I'm sorry but you are a oxf*rd moron. It's violent conduct and will probably have a retrospective 3 game ban as the ref shouldn't have it in his post game report.

Source:
I'm a fully qualified ref.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 09:17

LWJ

I'm sorry but you are a oxf*rd moron. It's violent conduct and will probably have a retrospective 3 game ban as the ref shouldn't have it in his post game report.

Source:

Do you enjoy it?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 09:17

LWJ

Source:

Yep this. Clear as day violent conduct as LWJ says. I wish some of our supporters would give an honest view on things rather than a childish, blinkered one.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 23 Oct 2019 09:19

NewCorkSeth
LWJ

Source:

Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, I do actually.

Feels like you make a difference at grassroots level giving players a better standard of ref than the typical Sunday league ones.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 09:29

NewCorkSeth Tyrone Mings stamped on a players face and didnt get a retrospective ban.

Thats because the ref was deemed to have dealt with it, last night the ref didn`t see it.

142 posts