BFTT - QPR (A)

142 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: BFTT - QPR (A)

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 10:18

Puscas isn't slow by any means, just don't think he has a great engine on him so can't maintain his pace over a 90 minute period. Did he look slow when he sprinted away from the QPR defence to score? Nope.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTT

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Oct 2019 10:19

URZZZZ
Hound
RoyalBlue
Really?! Then that makes many of the defenders he plays against, including those last night, absolutely pedestrian. He was getting around the outside of the wide defenders for QPR both with and without the ball.

One of those players who looks quite slow but actually has decent pace

Needs to improve his hold up play considerably though

About minute 66, a QPR player passed to him about 40 yards away from goal and I’ve never seen someone move so slowly

Unless he’s one of those players who take a while to build his speed up because on numerous occasions this season, he’s been outpaced by pretty slow defenders

It is difficult to gauge because of his short strides like David Nugent, Charlie Austin and Shane Long-what I liked about him last night towards the end of the game he was making serious challenges for headers.
He may not be as good as the earlier hype but the boy is a trier and we need triers.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Oct 2019 10:22

Old Man Andrews Puscas isn't slow by any means, just don't think he has a great engine on him so can't maintain his pace over a 90 minute period. Did he look slow when he sprinted away from the QPR defence to score? Nope.

He was against Tony Leistner, I think I’d have a chance against him

I may be wrong but I’ve seen Puscas on so many occasions try and take it round a player just to be out paced. It worked against Pack against Cardiff but very rarely elsewhere. Baldock, who’s not exactly renowned for his pace, looked sharper and quicker than Puscas yesterday

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Oct 2019 10:27

Victor Meldrew
RoyalBlue
URZZZZ

Puscas is terribly slow.

Really?! Then that makes many of the defenders he plays against, including those last night, absolutely pedestrian. He was getting around the outside of the wide defenders for QPR both with and without the ball.

So one poster says he is slow and another says he is quick which sums up fans-we all see different things.
Some seem to think Eze for them wasn't very good -my view was that he and Ejaria were streets ahead of everybody else on the pitch.

An enjoyable game and now having seen supposed contenders like Sheff Wed.,WBA, Preston and QPR I feel that this division will end up with promotion for Leeds plus whichever couple of teams are more consistent than the rest.

So for those who come on here after every home game to complain that the ref has been biased against us I suggest that they try to remember this game and Miazga and Yiadom incidents.

One criticism from last night-the long balls from Moore and Miazga were poor but Ejaria's pass to Puscas was perfect so although we don't want to revert to too much tippy tappy please let the defenders defend and give the ball to those that can pass as quickly as possible.
I feel tired just watching Andy Yiadom-if only he could cross a ball.

Am not sure why Baldock got MOM when he missed such a great chance in the first half and couldn't miss from a yard out but I presume much of what he did could be appreciated more by being there than watching on TV.

I don't get over-excited that much when it comes to football but ,as they often say on TV, "I would pay good money" to watch Ejaria (as I do) and haven't been so excited about one of our midfielders since the days of Super Simon Osborn.

Yiadom point : Much agreed. I just know when he has the ball out wide 99% of the time he’s just going to cross it into the first defender. It’s really frustrating although fair play for the goal

Baldock point : I knew this would crop up. I genuinely don’t think anyone else in our team (possibly Puscas) would have been there to finish it off. He just has that knack of being in the right place at the right time. Added to that it’s his first start in X months and his movement and control was good all night, I’m not surprised people are saying it. Although i would give it to Ejaria for that first half performance alone

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 23 Oct 2019 10:40

sandman Rinomhota - Booked due to the incompetent referee.

Can't agree with that. He was booked for being a petulant child.
Admitedly that's par for the course on a football pitch. If more refs actually applied tha dissent laws it would stop pretty quickly.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 10:57

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Puscas isn't slow by any means, just don't think he has a great engine on him so can't maintain his pace over a 90 minute period. Did he look slow when he sprinted away from the QPR defence to score? Nope.

I may be wrong but I’ve seen Puscas on so many occasions try and take it round a player just to be out paced. It worked against Pack against Cardiff but very rarely elsewhere. Baldock, who’s not exactly renowned for his pace, looked sharper and quicker than Puscas yesterday

Imo, the Leistner situation in the second half was because Puscas stuttered to try move inside of him. Leistner went outside. If Puscas had kept running he obviously had the pace to beat him but he tried to predict the movement to get and advantage on goal. It didnt work. We saw he is fast enough for his goal.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Oct 2019 10:59

URZZZZ Puscas is terribly slow.

I noticed that when he ran half the length of the pitch outpacing their defence and slotting it in the net.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 11:04

lewesroyal
sandman Rinomhota - Booked due to the incompetent referee.

Can't agree with that. He was booked for being a petulant child.
Admitedly that's par for the course on a football pitch. If more refs actually applied tha dissent laws it would stop pretty quickly.

He was booked because he pulled back their player on the half way line after Ovie was poleaxed on the edge of the box and it wasn`t given, the ref was appalling even though he let us off the hook the the penalfy shout. first free kick in the 54th minute for us summed it up.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Oct 2019 11:07

Norfolk Royal
URZZZZ Puscas is terribly slow.

I noticed that when he ran half the length of the pitch outpacing their defence and slotting it in the net.

He got past the defender via clever movement, not through his pace. Considering their defender wasn’t exactly blessed with pace (coincidentally nicknamed BFG by QPR fans), I’m not surprised he paced him!

Maybe terribly slow is an insult but he certainly isn’t quick at all

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 11:19

Don't know why pace is such a issue with goal scorers tbh, just being in the right place at the right time is what he`s renowned for at international level. his movement off the ball is different class.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Oct 2019 11:42

URZZZZ

Baldock (and Gmac) were extremely motivated, pumped with adrenaline, big chance etc.

Puscas was on the back of a long depressing run.

If Puscas plays the next 2-3-4-5 games and gets 2-3 goals, watch him fly!

I like Baldock a lot but he has never really been prolific.

Puscas, OTOH....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 11:46

Snowball
URZZZZ

Baldock (and Gmac) were extremely motivated, pumped with adrenaline, big chance etc.

Puscas was on the back of a long depressing run.

If Puscas plays the next 2-3-4-5 games and gets 2-3 goals, watch him fly!

I like Baldock a lot but he has never really been prolific.

Puscas, OTOH....

Think Baldock will be good at doing a lot of the donkey work for Puscas, liked the look of them together. If he can manage to get a few tap ins and keep up his impressive work rate then Baldock could be one of the first names on the teamsheet going forward.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 11:47

Dear god JLows player ratings are pathetic all 5s and 6s apart from Swift 7 and Ovie 8. he`s clueless.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Oct 2019 11:50

Victor Meldrew

Am not sure why Baldock got MOM when he missed such a great chance in the first half and couldn't miss from a yard out but I presume much of what he did could be appreciated more by being there than watching on TV.

Agree. Puscas's goal was very good and hugely important, yet too many berate him because he lost the ball in midfield and a goal resulted. He did but there were plenty of defenders back and THEY also did poorly. Had one of them done his job, Puscas' mistake would have been soon forgotten.

I like Baldock (and a Baldock-Puscas partnership) but he spurned a GREAT goal chance. Puscas would have been ripped a new one by our "fans" if he had missed that almost-sitter.

So Puscas gets a goal and is HALF responsible for conceding one.

Baldock gets a goal and misses a massive chance.

If that was all we were judging, Puscas would edge Baldock.

I thought they both deserved 7s, Ejaria an 8

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 11:58

Snowball
Victor Meldrew

Agree. Puscas's goal was very good and hugely important, yet too many berate him because he lost the ball in midfield and a goal resulted. He did but there were plenty of defenders back and THEY also did poorly. Had one of them done his job, Puscas' mistake would have been soon forgotten.

I like Baldock (and a Baldock-Puscas partnership) but he spurned a GREAT goal chance. Puscas would have been ripped a new one by our "fans" if he had missed that almost-sitter.

This 100%

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 11:58

Does anyone know if Miazga with get a retrospective ban?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 12:00

NewCorkSeth Does anyone know if Miazga with get a retrospective ban?

Early indications point to yes due to the fact he elbowed someone in the head. HTH.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Oct 2019 12:02

Snowball
Victor Meldrew

Actually Puscas and Ejaria’s move for Baldock’s chance was brilliant. Makes me wonder if Puscas can pull off quick one touch passing on that occasion, why he takes so long to control the ball and move it on on other occasions

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Oct 2019 12:21

NewCorkSeth Does anyone know if Miazga with get a retrospective ban?

I think they might ban him for upcoming games rather than games already played.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Oct 2019 12:35

windermereROYAL
Snowball
Victor Meldrew

This 100%

Keeper was in no mans land for Puscas' goal. Great finish, but should have been much tougher given the angle and distance from goal.

142 posts