Liam Moore Interview Part 2

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

Liam Moore Interview Part 2

by Readingfanman » 14 Nov 2019 10:05

EPR have released a second podcast with Liam Moore yesterday - quite interesting talk about Gomes/Bowen, how the tactical change has affected him and other bits:

https://twitter.com/ElmParkRoyals/statu ... 2949002241

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore Interview Part 2

by Hound » 14 Nov 2019 10:25

excellent. Will be having a listen later

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 14 Nov 2019 13:14

the first one was one of the best football podcasts I've listened to. Very open and honest and came across as a decent and very likeable fella. Liam Moore was alright too :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Nov 2019 13:30

Caught 15 mins of it so far - interesting that Moore highlights much the same issues as we saw in here in Jose’s 5 at the back - ie too big spaces behind the FBs due to pressing too high

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Nov 2019 22:28

It’s a good listen. Not as juicy as the first one but still interesting

Main points really are that Gomes didn’t lose the dressing room - however did seem to hint at some unhappiness with the Baldock/McCleary/Gunter situation.

Also discusses the tactical changes but tbf, we’ve picked up on most of those already

Seems pretty positive overall, and Moore certainly comes over as a top fella.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Nov 2019 22:41

Did he mention anything on the Bowen replacing Gomes situation? How the players initially felt etc

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2019 07:04

Nothing that hasn’t already come out really - sad Gomes had left but not unexpected. Bowen came down to the training ground as soon as he got the job and told the players what had happened. Players accepted it

One thing actually that struck me is how much notice he seems to take of social media. Sounds like Mafff and his gimpy mates actually get through to them more than I expected

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 15 Nov 2019 08:03

It’s great to have access like this to the players, no sound bites or PR answers just honesty. Goes under the radar that the club have no people in the room, although I guess questions are pre cleared.

Not many other clubs would allow this so fair play to Moore and Reading for allowing it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Nov 2019 08:11

gazzer, loyal royal It’s great to have access like this to the players, no sound bites or PR answers just honesty. Goes under the radar that the club have no people in the room, although I guess questions are pre cleared.

Not many other clubs would allow this so fair play to Moore and Reading for allowing it.

Always found the club great whenever I have had dealings with them, cannot fault them. We may have been crap for a number of years on the pitch but we have always been excellent off of it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2019 08:43

but also the fact that they trust Moore not to say something stupid - its quite a lot of justified faith in him. Gives enough info without it potentially embarrassing anyone

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 09:31

I have 4 minutes left to listen to but want to add to the positivity about it. Good listen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2019 10:54

nothing particularly new, but this Baldock newspaper interview is quite interesting as well - different perspective on Gomes

https://www.wokinghampaper.co.uk/interv ... ark-bowen/

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 11:10

Hound nothing particularly new, but this Baldock newspaper interview is quite interesting as well - different perspective on Gomes

Nice read again. Interesting he mentions the number of strikers we have. Gonna be some disappointed players this season. I mean, we have already seen fans turn on Meite recently saying he should be sold.

Also keeps the Loader question sharp in my mind. Hes not going to sign a new deal is he?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Nov 2019 11:12

NewCorkSeth
Hound nothing particularly new, but this Baldock newspaper interview is quite interesting as well - different perspective on Gomes

Nice read again. Interesting he mentions the number of strikers we have. Gonna be some disappointed players this season. I mean, we have already seen fans turn on Meite recently saying he should be sold.

Also keeps the Loader question sharp in my mind. Hes not going to sign a new deal is he?

Wasn't it just 1 person saying that? Think Meite has the support of 99% of the fanbase from what I have seen.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 11:15

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth

Wasn't it just 1 person saying that? Think Meite has the support of 99% of the fanbase from what I have seen.

Saw a few bits on twitter and there has been a few on here who have long held the belief. Happy to be corrected!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Nov 2019 11:16

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Nice read again. Interesting he mentions the number of strikers we have. Gonna be some disappointed players this season. I mean, we have already seen fans turn on Meite recently saying he should be sold.

Saw a few bits on twitter and there has been a few on here who have long held the belief. Happy to be corrected!

I can't see how anyone could really be against him, he's at worst an excellent bench option for us and he must be happy here as he has recently signed a new improved deal.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2019 11:27

I certainly haven't turned on Meite, but I'm not sure how involved he will be. He should be an excellent option off the bench, but we all know he is far better on a run of games. When Joao and Boye come back, I'd rather see them ahead of him coming off the bench. Puscas and Baldock have the starting spots for the foreseeable I reckon

then out wide - McCleary is a better option. I'd argue maybe Richards as well on the left.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 11:32

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Wasn't it just 1 person saying that? Think Meite has the support of 99% of the fanbase from what I have seen.

I can't see how anyone could really be against him, he's at worst an excellent bench option for us and he must be happy here as he has recently signed a new improved deal.

I think so too but I recognise he is the most saleable of our strikers. Baldock wouldn't go even if we didnt, now, want him. Joao just signed as did Puscas. 4 is healthy competetion but we add Boye and Loader into the mix and it's a different story.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Nov 2019 11:33

Hound I certainly haven't turned on Meite, but I'm not sure how involved he will be. He should be an excellent option off the bench, but we all know he is far better on a run of games. When Joao and Boye come back, I'd rather see them ahead of him coming off the bench. Puscas and Baldock have the starting spots for the foreseeable I reckon

then out wide - McCleary is a better option. I'd argue maybe Richards as well on the left.

Personally dont see the point in Boye. Think we should send him back.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Nov 2019 11:53

Too early to judge Boye. It takes a while to adjust to this league and I am not sure he ahs ever been 100% fit.