FA Cup 19/20

211 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: FA Cup 19/20

by Hendo » 16 Jan 2020 11:35

URZZZZ
Hendo
Hound I genuinely can't remember the last time I've actually been to an FA cup game. Always seem to have something on I can't get out of every time we have a home fixture, must be years since I've been. Should make this one though

Manchester United - 19/12/2016 was my last FA Cup game.

Last one at home was Brentford - 07/09/2016.

Obviously did the Semi-final in between.

Did the League Cup game against Watford - 29/08/2018 more recently though.

You sure?

When did we play Brentford in the FA Cup?

Looking back on it, I took the dates from my purchase history on the ticket website :lol:

Brentford/Bradford, they're the same right? I think I need to start today again...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2020 15:19

Stranded
Old Man Andrews Club 1871 closed for the Cardiff game. That will go down well.

Always going to be the case though in the Cup if the away side take their full allocation. Would imagine all 1871 STs were made aware of that when buying them. Sure some will complain though.

Don't recall getting anything about it, but fair enough. Probably knew it deep down in the recesses of my mind anyway.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jan 2020 15:20

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Always going to be the case though in the Cup if the away side take their full allocation. Would imagine all 1871 STs were made aware of that when buying them. Sure some will complain though.

Don't recall getting anything about it, but fair enough. Probably one it deep down in the recesses of my kind anyway.

Probably included in small print somewhere, I'd guess.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 16 Jan 2020 17:43

Just wondering if there's any possibility that the date and kick off time might be changed? BBC Wales like showing the Welsh sides in the competition and Cardiff are the only one left.

Would hope we would pick a side with Championship experience. The team that played against Blackpool largely covers that but would hope Puscas or Baldock start along with Miazga. Howe is now ahead of Watson in the pecking order so unless Yiadom is fit by then, which i'm guessing is unlikely, I expect he'll keep his place.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 Jan 2020 18:56

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Don't recall getting anything about it, but fair enough. Probably knew it deep down in the recesses of my mind anyway.

Nobody has any particular right to sit/stand in their ST seat if the seat isn't available, for whatever reason, regardless of where it is - this isn't confined to Club1871. Seem to remember stands being closed for various cup games before, when low attendance was expected, and people had to move, e.g., Upper West. I may have hallucinated that though.

From terms and conditions

A Season Ticket permits you to occupy at the Match the seat indicated on the Season Ticket or such other alternative seat of equal price as the Club may, from time to time, allocate to you at its reasonable discretion where this is required for operational reasons (for example and without limitation, to facilitate the refurbishments of redevelopment of certain areas of the Stadium.

If the alternative seat is in a lower price band the Ticket Holder's usual allocated seat, the Ticket Holder shall be entitled to receive a refund in respect of such match which shall be equal to the difference between the price of the Ticket Holder?s usual allocated seat for that match and the alternative seat allocated to the Ticket Holder for that match).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2020 23:12

Stranded

Good support from Cardiff if they do bring more than 2,500 though

Not exactly a "glamorous" tie for them, even though proximity wise, it's not too far away for them

Delboy

by Delboy » 17 Jan 2020 06:41

Cardiff have 3 games in 6 days
Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading
So what side will they put out ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2020 07:44

Delboy Cardiff have 3 games in 6 days
Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

Hopefully a weak one. Not sure their squad is the biggest though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Jan 2020 07:51

Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

Hopefully a strong side for the first two and a weak one for the last and, for us, most important one.
Last edited by sandman on 17 Jan 2020 07:54, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2020 07:52

sandman
Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

Hopefully a strong side for the first two and a weak one for the last and most important one.

Progressing in the cup is a bit more important than battling it out with them for 10th place in the league. This fantasy people seem to have about us being play off contenders is just that, complete fantasy.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jan 2020 08:00

Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

If the Bristol City game is reorganised for the Tuesday then Reading will also have 3 games in 6 days.

Both sides are therefore very likely to field strong “youth/reserve” sides in the cup.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 17 Jan 2020 08:16

Old Man Andrews
sandman
Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

Hopefully a strong side for the first two and a weak one for the last and most important one.

Progressing in the cup is a bit more important than battling it out with them for 10th place in the league. This fantasy people seem to have about us being play off contenders is just that, complete fantasy.

We are play off contenders if are in 10th place :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2020 08:19

Old Man Andrews
sandman
Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

A good League run is far more important than a good cup run, which progressing to the 5th round doesn't ensure even if we beat Cardiff.

Forget the Play Offs, finishing 12th or above will be more impactful than getting an FA Cup QF. We could still go on a poor run and slip back into 17th / 18th territory quite easily. And whilst unlikely a potential points deduction for the stadium sale can't yet be ruled out. 9 points less and we're right back in it.

So the League is key.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Jan 2020 08:22

Don't "forget the play offs" until we're mathematically unable to reach them.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2020 08:26

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
sandman

A good League run is far more important than a good cup run, which progressing to the 5th round doesn't ensure even if we beat Cardiff.

Forget the Play Offs, finishing 12th or above will be more impactful than getting an FA Cup QF. We could still go on a poor run and slip back into 17th / 18th territory quite easily. And whilst unlikely a potential points deduction for the stadium sale can't yet be ruled out. 9 points less and we're right back in it.

So the League is key.

No it isn't Ian. A cup semi final/final is key to everything as a football supporter, it is about as exciting as it gets.

Why anyone would want to be in the Premier League is completely beyond me anyway. Costs more money, less games, VAR, our stadium full of fairweather fans. No, it sucks.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2020 08:32

Given I expressly didn't say anything about promotion or the Premier League, you seem to just be arguing against what you want to rather than what's been said.

As usually, talking to you is a bit pointless, so I'll remedy my mistake and Ahm oot!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2020 08:33

Snowflake Royal Given I expressly didn't say anything about promotion or the Premier League, you seem to just be arguing against what you want to rather than what's been said.

As usually, talking to you is a bit pointless, so I'll remedy my mistake and Ahm oot!

My comments about the Premier League were not directed at you, that was a wider statement about the Premier League in general. You know that already though.......

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 17 Jan 2020 08:37

Sutekh
Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

If the Bristol City game is reorganised for the Tuesday then Reading will also have 3 games in 6 days.

Both sides are therefore very likely to field strong “youth/reserve” sides in the cup.

Reading would be silly in arranging the game for that Tuesday. far better for Tues/Wed February 4/5th or Tues/Wed February 18/19th.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jan 2020 08:38

Royals and Racers
Sutekh
Saturday away Reading
Tuesday home WBA
Friday. Home Reading

Reading would be silly in arranging the game for that Tuesday. far better for Tues/Wed February 4/5th or Tues/Wed February 18/19th.

Er I don't think Reading arrange it, its not the Dog and Duck v Red Lion in a Sunday morning pub league.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jan 2020 08:40

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews Progressing in the cup is a bit more important than battling it out with them for 10th place in the league. This fantasy people seem to have about us being play off contenders is just that, complete fantasy.

So the League is key.

No it isn't Ian. A cup semi final/final is key to everything as a football supporter, it is about as exciting as it gets.

Why anyone would want to be in the Premier League is completely beyond me anyway. Costs more money, less games, VAR, our stadium full of fairweather fans. No, it sucks.

+1

If it was possible, winning every game in the championship > losing every game in the prem.

211 posts