Gunter - did Stam make him shit?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Gunter - did Stam make him shit?

by Millsy » 28 Nov 2019 09:51

Quick Q, because I've never got to the bottom of this in my head. Great player for us for years, did well for Wales too, only for Stamball to happen and all of a sudden he turned shite presumably carrying out Stam's "just pass it back" orders a little too well. Now Stamball has gone can we have our old Gunter back?

Old Man Andrews

Re: Gunter - did Stam make him shit?

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 09:56

Gunter is irrelevant, he needs to get off the wage bill now that we have Yiadom. Yiadom is far, far superior in every department.

Another Reading supporter who is just obsessed with the past. :roll: :roll: :roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Nov 2019 10:06

Old Man Andrews Gunter is irrelevant, he needs to get off the wage bill now that we have Yiadom. Yiadom is far, far superior in every department.

Another Reading supporter who is just obsessed with the past. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Says the Leeds fan. :lol:

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Nov 2019 10:06

2 world wars, 1 world cup Quick Q, because I've never got to the bottom of this in my head. Great player for us for years, did well for Wales too, only for Stamball to happen and all of a sudden he turned shite presumably carrying out Stam's "just pass it back" orders a little too well. Now Stamball has gone can we have our old Gunter back?

Me and the guy next to me were discussing this very point during the game. I think I saw one backwards pass. We agreed that Gunter is the type of guy that follows the manager's instructions and doesn't rock the boat. So if he passes back 50 times an hour, that's because he's been told to. Nice guy, zero initiative.

He had a really good game Tuesday night, his side of the pitch was so much more secure than Richards side. To the extent that I'm wondering if he should be alternating more with Obita & Richards on the left. There was no sign of Obita on Tuesday, I'm guessing they are being ultra cautious with him, but Richards can't handle the better wingers and fullbacks. I'd rather Gunter came in when we're playing defensively against the better teams.

So he's a really useful squad player. If only he was being paid squad-player wages...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 10:26

Old Man Andrews Gunter is irrelevant, he needs to get off the wage bill now that we have Yiadom. Yiadom is far, far superior in every department.

Gunter is a more intelligent player than Yiadom, at times Yiadom can be seriously braindead

That being said, Yiadom clearly suits this formation better and we were a bit limp going forward from the two fullbacks on Tuesday. Still think it’d be harsh to drop Gunter mind for Saturday, I’ve always believed in keeping the shirt if you play well so it’ll be an interesting decision to see

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 10:27

URZZZZ

Gunter is a more intelligent player than Yiadom, at times Yiadom can be seriously braindead

That being said, Yiadom clearly suits this formation better and we were a bit limp going forward from the two fullbacks on Tuesday. Still think it’d be harsh to drop Gunter mind for Saturday, I’ve always believed in keeping the shirt if you play well so it’ll be an interesting decision to see

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're opinions on football are a joke.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2019 10:37

muirinho So he's a really useful squad player. If only he was being paid squad-player wages...

yeah exactly that

I like him as an alternative on the bench. No problem at all with him knocking about for the rest of this season, but Yiadom offers more

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Nov 2019 10:38

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree Yiadom is the better player who needs to start and respectfully disagree with URZZ that Gunter should keep the spot (although he is just pointing out the decision Bowen has to make, not his own opinion necessarily).

My post wasn't suggesting Gunter is anywhere near as good as Yiadom, simply that his downturn was probably down to Stam so I'm with you on this.

But cut out the rude BS responses like this please. It makes a mockery of HNA.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Nov 2019 10:41

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Whether Gunter is an intelligent player, I am not sure, but Yiadom does have brain fails every now and again. Giving the penalty away to Swansea last season springs to mind straight away.

I am also pretty sure that Yiadom will come straight back into the side on Saturday, but what Tuesday showed that if Yiadom does get injured or suspended again, Gunter is quite capable of stepping in as cover.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 10:42

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

I agree Yiadom is the better player who needs to start and respectfully disagree with URZZ that Gunter should keep the spot (although he is just pointing out the decision Bowen has to make, not his own opinion necessarily).

My post wasn't suggesting Gunter is anywhere near as good as Yiadom, simply that his downturn was probably down to Stam so I'm with you on this.

Have you met him before :lol:

I did say that Yiadom offers more in this certain system. The point being is that it was Yiadom’s foolishness to have 5 bookings by now which led to him being replaced. Gunter came in, kept Harrison quiet the entire game apart from where Rino made his error, and on the whole was more positive than we’ve seen from him in the past

I expect Yiadom to replace Gunter on Saturday but I do find it harsh on Gunter because he played well enough to keep his spot

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 10:47

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Say something incredibly stupid then you get a stupid response. To suggest Gunter should keep his place over Yiadom isn't a valid opinion.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Nov 2019 10:51

Old Man Andrews
Old Man Andrews :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Say something incredibly stupid then you get a stupid response. To suggest Gunter should keep his place over Yiadom isn't a valid opinion.

:| take a day off will ya gr8 m8

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Nov 2019 10:52

What is a "valid" opinion? Only ones you agree with?

Seems pretty arrogant, OMA.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 10:54

genome What is a "valid" opinion? Only ones you agree with?

Nobody on Earth thinks Gunter deserves to start at the weekend other than Urzzz. Nobody thinks Gunter is better than Yiadom like Urzzz does. Not valid opinions.

White knighting Urzzz Genome? A new all time low for you in a series of lows.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Nov 2019 10:55

Old Man Andrews
Old Man Andrews :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You may find it an incredibly stupid thing to say, but tbh but your response just makes you look like a thick chavvy oxf*rd.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 10:56

Old Man Andrews

You may find it an incredibly stupid thing to say, but tbh but your response just makes you look like a thick chavvy oxf*rd.

Says the guy swearing.........

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2019 10:58

Old Man Andrews

Nobody on Earth thinks Gunter deserves to start at the weekend other than Urzzz. Nobody thinks Gunter is better than Yiadom like Urzzz does. Not valid opinions.

Find the sentence where I said Gunter is better than Yiadom please OMA and when you don’t find it concede the point (if you wish to). Thanks

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Nov 2019 11:00

Old Man Andrews

FFS stop with this "white knighting" bollocks.

It makes you look about 14. Playground level nonsense

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 11:00

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

Find the sentence where I said Gunter is better than Yiadom please OMA and when you don’t find it concede the point (if you wish to). Thanks

You implied it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2019 11:01

genome
Old Man Andrews

FFS stop with this "white knighting" bollocks.

It makes you look about 14. Playground level nonsense

Stop derailing the thread.

Everyone was having a debate about Yiadom and Gunter, you have added nothing.