Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by Martin Hicks

by Hound » 07 Dec 2019 18:29

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
It worked last week didn't it?

Our 5 at the back formation has yielded one goal in four games now, and as I said last week, the majority just come from set pieces or on the counter. It's a horrible formation to watch unless the balance is there which is clearly wasn't

There's a difference between changing for the last 20 minutes a goal down and playing it from the start /HT when even.

It’s all well and good saying that but the first half performance was as bad as the second. The only difference is we scored our chance at 1-0 down from a set piece, whereas we hit the crossbar at 2-1 down from a set piece

An awful performance all round, but you can’t just pin it to tactics considering how bad the first half was too

Yep

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2019 18:32

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Our 5 at the back formation has yielded one goal in four games now, and as I said last week, the majority just come from set pieces or on the counter. It's a horrible formation to watch unless the balance is there which is clearly wasn't

There's a difference between changing for the last 20 minutes a goal down and playing it from the start /HT when even.

It’s all well and good saying that but the first half performance was as bad as the second. The only difference is we scored our chance at 1-0 down from a set piece, whereas we hit the crossbar at 2-1 down from a set piece

An awful performance all round, but you can’t just pin it to tactics considering how bad the first half was too

Disagree. First half was poor, second half was dreadful. At least it was even in the first half.

I haven't just pinned it to tactics and certainly not solely to the shape change.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 07 Dec 2019 18:42

Hound
P!ssed Off Match was lost by Bowen at half time.

Didn’t think the change made much of a difference to the balance at all tbh. Was a more open game but both sides had many more chances

Haven't seen them but be interesting to see if first half stats back that up. My feeling is we contained them much better and had a few chances ourselves. Second half felt very much one way traffic

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2019 18:58

bcubed
Hound
P!ssed Off Match was lost by Bowen at half time.

Didn’t think the change made much of a difference to the balance at all tbh. Was a more open game but both sides had many more chances

Haven't seen them but be interesting to see if first half stats back that up. My feeling is we contained them much better and had a few chances ourselves. Second half felt very much one way traffic

Looking at it, think the stats would back you rather than me

Was 6/2 and 3/0 at ht
Ended 14/4 and 16/5 I think

So we weren’t any less creative but they were a lot more so 2nd half

Maybe I thought we worse first half than we were. Either way I didn’t like our first half a lot, and said at the time. I’d say our second half chances were better than the first, but obvs we have them a massive amount more

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Dec 2019 19:14

First half was poor second half was much worse.

Boye got the ball tried tricks gave the ball away. Absolutely shit.

Morrison had a pretty poor game but Miazga was subbed?

Pelé was probably our best player and was subbed???

Puscas and Meite doesn’t work.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Dec 2019 20:30

NewCorkSeth I'd like to repeat my opinion that Boye is a fraud. Everything he touches turns to shit.

Yep. Seen enough of him to now feel that he isn’t up to it. A bit like Josh Sims last season there is next to no end product. Offload with Virginia in January.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Dec 2019 20:35

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal And that ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't change shape or make a sub at HT. And why we don't play 4-4-2.

So brainless from us.

Having also just equalised just before half time. It was a really poor decision made even worse by Boye being hopeless and our defence going AWOL without Miazga.

147 posts