2019 Summer Recruitment

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 2019 Summer Recruitment

by leon » 19 Dec 2019 09:19

Hound Yiadom, Swift and Meite on frees were exceptional signings tbh

Yiadom was an excellent signing. Swift needs a decent run without injury. Hopefully he’ll kick on this season. Meite just not sure.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Dec 2019 09:26

leon

Yiadom was an excellent signing. Swift needs a decent run without injury. Hopefully he’ll kick on this season. Meite just not sure.

How are you not sure on Meite as a free transfer? He was free. And his goals kept us up last season. And he was free. Christ, if we had paid a million for him it would be worth it. Just because you might not rate him as a player doesnt mean you shouldnt accept he has been a great value signing. Not only has his value increased dramatically but he is only 23. By no means a finished product and easily saleable for a good price.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2019 09:31

Yeah that pretty much

Not sure he is right for us at this exact point in time, but he did a great job for us last year and must be worth a few quid

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Dec 2019 09:32

NewCorkSeth
leon

How are you not sure on Meite as a free transfer? He was free. And his goals kept us up last season. And he was free. Christ, if we had paid a million for him it would be worth it. Just because you might not rate him as a player doesnt mean you shouldnt accept he has been a great value signing. Not only has his value increased dramatically but he is still 23. By no means a finished product and easily saleable for a good price.

Easy tiger - I’m not sure you can say he’s an “exceptional” signing. We’re still paying his wages irrespective of transfer fee. I’d like to see him develop.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Dec 2019 09:39

leon
NewCorkSeth
leon Yiadom was an excellent signing. Swift needs a decent run without injury. Hopefully he’ll kick on this season. Meite just not sure.

How are you not sure on Meite as a free transfer? He was free. And his goals kept us up last season. And he was free. Christ, if we had paid a million for him it would be worth it. Just because you might not rate him as a player doesnt mean you shouldnt accept he has been a great value signing. Not only has his value increased dramatically but he is still 23. By no means a finished product and easily saleable for a good price.

Easy tiger - I’m not sure you can say he’s an “exceptional” signing. We’re still paying his wages irrespective of transfer fee. I’d like to see him develop.

I think judging a signings effectiveness based on how much they have developed vs the cost of their wages is almost always going to be limiting. What do we reckon he is on? 10-15k a week? I reckon he has paid that back by keeping us up. As for development he has improved since his first season. Still has room for growth and his success despite numerous managerial and positional changes has been fine imo. Hes not a great player by any means but he is useful enough for this level and the fact it is nearly impossible for us not to make a profit on him if/when we decide to sell makes him "exceptional" as the vast majority of players we sign we dont make a profit on.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Dec 2019 09:48

NewCorkSeth
leon
NewCorkSeth How are you not sure on Meite as a free transfer? He was free. And his goals kept us up last season. And he was free. Christ, if we had paid a million for him it would be worth it. Just because you might not rate him as a player doesnt mean you shouldnt accept he has been a great value signing. Not only has his value increased dramatically but he is still 23. By no means a finished product and easily saleable for a good price.

I think judging a signings effectiveness based on how much they have developed vs the cost of their wages is almost always going to be limiting. What do we reckon he is on? 10-15k a week? I reckon he has paid that back by keeping us up. As for development he has improved since his first season. Still has room for growth and his success despite numerous managerial and positional changes has been fine imo. Hes not a great player by any means but he is useful enough for this level and the fact it is nearly impossible for us not to make a profit on him if/when we decide to sell makes him "exceptional" as the vast majority of players we sign we dont make a profit on.

Slow day?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Dec 2019 09:53

leon
NewCorkSeth
leon

Slow day?

Very. Hows your day going? x

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Dec 2019 09:55

NewCorkSeth
leon
NewCorkSeth I think judging a signings effectiveness based on how much they have developed vs the cost of their wages is almost always going to be limiting. What do we reckon he is on? 10-15k a week? I reckon he has paid that back by keeping us up. As for development he has improved since his first season. Still has room for growth and his success despite numerous managerial and positional changes has been fine imo. Hes not a great player by any means but he is useful enough for this level and the fact it is nearly impossible for us not to make a profit on him if/when we decide to sell makes him "exceptional" as the vast majority of players we sign we dont make a profit on.

Slow day?

Still in bed.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Dec 2019 10:26

leon
NewCorkSeth
leon
Slow day?

Still in bed.

What you wearing?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Dec 2019 10:56

NewCorkSeth
leon
NewCorkSeth Very. Hows your day going? x

Still in bed.

What you wearing?

wearing?

Barb

by Barb » 19 Dec 2019 10:56

I just don't think I'll ever like or rate Meite.

He acts like he's Ronaldo on social media and couldn't trap a bag of spanners.

He scores now and again, however I just can't bring myself to like the guy.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 19 Dec 2019 12:53

NewCorkSeth
leon
NewCorkSeth How are you not sure on Meite as a free transfer? He was free. And his goals kept us up last season. And he was free. Christ, if we had paid a million for him it would be worth it. Just because you might not rate him as a player doesnt mean you shouldnt accept he has been a great value signing. Not only has his value increased dramatically but he is still 23. By no means a finished product and easily saleable for a good price.

Hope he’s not on 15k a week.Blimey football economics have gone mad.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Dec 2019 13:40

Westwood52
NewCorkSeth
leon

Hope he’s not on 15k a week.Blimey football economics have gone mad.

Hasn't he had 3 new contracts? He must be on between those 2 figures I mentioned.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2019 13:43

be surprised if he was on much less than 15k pw personally

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2019 13:50

Hound be surprised if he was on much less than 15k pw personally

Yeah recently signed a new deal off the back of a great end to last season. Will be on a good 15k at least.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 19 Dec 2019 14:41

Old Man Andrews
Hound be surprised if he was on much less than 15k pw personally

Yeah recently signed a new deal off the back of a great end to last season. Will be on a good 15k at least.

I agree with OMA.I haven’t got a clue .15 k per week for Meite ?

Moore is on 35k ?

So who is on mid twenty grand a week ? Excluding Macca and Gunter (Old contracts).

Jao,Yiadom,Miazga,Swift,Ejaria,Puskas (maybe more ) ?

Any others ? Baldock maybe £20k.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Dec 2019 23:02

With Pele and Boye returned , and Adams and Mcleary moved on. Midfield/Wide looks very light. Has to be a priority.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2019 01:08

Lower West With Pele and Boye returned , and Adams and Mcleary moved on. Midfield/Wide looks very light. Has to be a priority.

Who is Adams? :|

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Dec 2019 00:16

Old Man Andrews
Lower West With Pele and Boye returned , and Adams and Mcleary moved on. Midfield/Wide looks very light. Has to be a priority.

Southampton striker

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2019 11:05

Old Man Andrews

To be fair Mick Gooding still doesnt get that one correct. It's funny to hear Tim correct him everytime. Was interesting that they discussed Adam the other game and how experienced he is but realised he hadn't made that many appearances for Stoke when you consider the years he spent there and neither noted that Gunter has made more appearances.