MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h) sponsored by a Merry Christmas to one and all

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h) sponsored by a Merry Christmas to one and all

by Franchise FC » 26 Dec 2019 22:16

John Madejski's Wallet Thank God for Rafael...

Except Gunter was raging with him for kicking the ball away and putting us back under pressure.

Given what I read here, I expected Gunter to be crap and disinterested, but I was very pleasantly surprised, particularly with his delivery into the box.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h) sponsored by a Merry Christmas to one and all

by Franchise FC » 26 Dec 2019 22:19

Westwood52 Hanging on at the end,when we weren’t particularly switched on or organised.

We had our chances throughout to kill the game,but inability to take chances on offer continues.

Rafael 7 Did nothing wrong.The save was a bit fortuitous.

Gunter 5 Two excellent crosses,but a few horrible moments;totally switched off when Rafael had a go at him. Oh dear, that was absolutely Gunter having a go at Rafael for clearing the ball too quickly
Blackett 6 Apart from one moment of brain fade,did ok.
Morrison 5 Early season form just seems to have gone.Flapped around a couple of times.
Moore 7 Apart from one poor pass to Blackett,did very well.
Pele 7 Did work very hard,and saved us on a couple of occasions,but does have technical faults.
Adam 7 Never really got close to his previous performance.
Swift 8 MOM for the wonder goal.
Ejaria 7 Flashy but no end product.Did not compare favourably with Eze.
Jao 7 Should have killed the game.
Meite 6 Usual blunderbus.

Olise Couple of promising moments
Rino Did nothing really.
Boye For once did ok.

Ref Pretty good for once.

Not a memorable performance bar the goal.But will take the points all day long.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2019 22:27

Gunter switched off but the whole chance came directly from Rafael stupidly quickly punting it long to absolutely no one instead of holding on to the ball letting us reorganise and settle after a prolonged QPR attack. Very stupid from Raf, which is what Gunter was having a go about.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 26 Dec 2019 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 26 Dec 2019 22:28

I thought gunter was angry he didn't get a shout that hugill was there.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2019 22:32

Jagermesiter1871 Gunters looked class :shock: Adams looking generally good. Ejaria looking too ponderous and slowing play down. Swift hit and miss. Overall impressed though - QPR have had next to nothing. We'll lose 1:0.

2nd half Gunter looked a liability defensively, as did Blacket. Neither can defend, which is terrifying when you're trying to hold onto a win. Sky showed a compilation of Eze brilliance which was actually just a compilation of Gunter failing to put any sort of challenge in whilst running backwards towards goal.

Adams still looked quality at passing but became more of a liability as the game went (see his Sunday league slice).

Not Ejarias best game - Eze looked better for me. Swift very good 2nd half + obvs Worldie. Best team won despite us deciding to just camp in our own box for the last 15 mins in a last ditch attempt to lose the game. Thought QPR were poor all in all.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2019 22:34

Oyeh also thought Meite was generally horrific. Would start Boye instead or McCleary or anyone really.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 26 Dec 2019 22:37

Jagermesiter1871
Jagermesiter1871 Gunters looked class :shock: Adams looking generally good. Ejaria looking too ponderous and slowing play down. Swift hit and miss. Overall impressed though - QPR have had next to nothing. We'll lose 1:0.

2nd half Gunter looked a liability defensively, as did Blacket. Neither can defend, which is terrifying when you're trying to hold onto a win. Sky showed a compilation of Eze brilliance which was actually just a compilation of Gunter failing to put any sort of challenge in whilst running backwards towards goal.

Adams still looked quality at passing but became more of a liability as the game went (see his Sunday league slice).

Not Ejarias best game - Eze looked better for me. Swift very good 2nd half + obvs Worldie. Best team won despite us deciding to just camp in our own box for the last 15 mins in a last ditch attempt to lose the game. Thought QPR were poor all in all.

Eze running into our box from the left in 58th minute had that inevitability about it, but our luck held. His two free kicks were also decidedly average, but he was more important for them than Ejaria was for us.

Good atmosphere from Club 1871.

Shame all those busses were there, totally empty.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2019 22:44

Singing Defective
Jagermesiter1871

Eze running into our box from the left in 58th minute had that inevitability about it, but our luck held. His two free kicks were also decidedly average, but he was more important for them than Ejaria was for us.

His corners were all awful as well but his running is far more direct than Ejaria who for the most part seems slow and laboured and generally involves him slowing play down to a walking pace, 2 step overs and try and walk it through the defence. Eze's style is far more effective which is evident from the number of goals and assists he yields.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Dec 2019 22:44

I wanted to beat Boye to death. Twice at the end when we needed to hold onto the ball he played stupid passes and lost possession when he could have done so much more. Put us under needless pressure when we needed a break.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Dec 2019 22:47

Singing Defective
Jagermesiter1871

What do you mean? My bus certainly wasn't empty - and I was glad to have it - I wouldn't have been able to get there without it. My son came in from town on an F1, he said it was pretty raucous, which is hard if it's empty...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Dec 2019 22:48

Eze and QPR looked distinctly average for 65-70 minutes and were only in the game once we started backing off allowing him and them space. We had much more energy and quicker passing than them for most of that game.

Personally thought Ejaria, as always, did a good job drawing people on to him and allowing Swift and Adam the space to create with their passing abilities. Not his best game but not a bad one either.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Dec 2019 22:49

Jagermesiter1871 [
His corners were all awful as well but his running is far more direct than Ejaria who for the most part seems slow and laboured and generally involves him slowing play down to a walking pace, 2 step overs and try and walk it through the defence. Eze's style is far more effective which is evident from the number of goals and assists he yields.

Feels like Ejaria is going a little backwards. Hopefully just a small bump and he'll go back to being faster and more direct soon

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 26 Dec 2019 22:53

muirinho
Singing Defective
Jagermesiter1871

What do you mean? My bus certainly wasn't empty - and I was glad to have it - I wouldn't have been able to get there without it. My son came in from town on an F1, he said it was pretty raucous, which is hard if it's empty...

Ok we came up about an hour before kick-off (as regular busses stopped at 18:00) and raucous is not how I’d describe it...

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Dec 2019 22:57

Singing Defective
muirinho
Singing Defective

Ok we came up about an hour before kick-off (as regular busses stopped at 18:00) and raucous is not how I’d describe it...

May well have got busier later, he would have been on one of the last buses from town. It had a sing-off between QPR and Reading fans, which QPR won handily, just as well that wasn't an omen for the game itself.

JR

by JR » 26 Dec 2019 23:21

Delboy What will the attendance be ? I reckon 10000 including 800 QPR. We have 8 season tickets in 1871 i am the only one going because of the stupid time.

You will have been counted as attending

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Dec 2019 23:33

John Madejski's Wallet Feels like Ejaria is going a little backwards. Hopefully just a small bump and he'll go back to being faster and more direct soon

Been inconsistant all season. Makes us more solid with Ejaria playing wide. I'm sure he'll adapt to the role. Links up well with Blackett.

JR

by JR » 27 Dec 2019 00:18

Singing Defective
muirinho
Singing Defective

:lol: hardly anybody gets the bus up that early from town for any game! The whole point about being in town is that you are getting drinks in the boozer and then arriving just in time for the game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 00:28

muirinho
Singing Defective
Jagermesiter1871

We had double deckers back to Mereoak tonight and no queues. Unlike Derby which was a forty minute wait.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 00:32

Sutekh Attendance 12495 (1351 from QPR)

Were there really that many QPR fans? Didn’t seem so and they were very quiet. The quietest away fans all season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 00:38

John Madejski's Wallet
Jagermesiter1871 [

Feels like Ejaria is going a little backwards. Hopefully just a small bump and he'll go back to being faster and more direct soon

In fairness to Ejaria teams are really complimenting him by sticking two players onto him leaving the likes of Adam free to dictate the play. Having said that he was in promising positions on the edge of the box a number of times tonight and didn’t make the most of it.