BFTG QPR

147 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG QPR

by Lower West » 27 Dec 2019 16:58

Zip There were times last night where Yaks didn’t help him. On one occasion Gunter was moving forward with the ball in Meite’s direction. Yaks just stood still instead of running down the line. On other occasions they combined pretty well apart from that one pass from Yaks which went straight out of play.

Given their match game time seemed to work very well together. Reminiscent of the partnership Gunter forged with McCleary.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Dec 2019 17:30

NewCorkSeth
Hound There were still a few times when Gunter frustratingly turned and passed backwards and took the easy option but generally a lot better than the last couple of years

One of those players you think will take on board how Bowen wants to use him. He’s going to be difficult to drop

Will he? Yiadom was in terrific form.

Exactly. I like Gunter, but Yiadom has been so impressive Gunter basically has to be the next Kebe (pbuh) to oust him from the RB spot.

Having said that , don't change a winning team. If you have a team that's winning, the disruption of bringing in a player who is 'better' than someone in the squad might just ruin the momentum.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2019 18:07

URZZZZ
sandman
URZZZZ
Thought he was poor throughout except for the odd bit of magic, cracking bit of skill for the chance where Morrison cleared off the line to be fair

Over the two games, he’s no where near as good as QPR fans hype him up

In all seriousness, I agree with this. He certainly has something, as evidenced by the last 20-25 minutes, but we kept him quiet for large parts of the game as we did up at their place.

Yiadom defended him better in the first game than Gunter did tonight.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Eze was CAM tonight so surely would have been more in the vicinity of Pele rather than Gunter

But acknowledging that wouldn’t play to Gunter being complete crap, now would it, URZZZ
We know he is the devil incarnate and is responsible for all bad things including the Labour election defeat ( well, according to Labour supporting RFC’ers) :wink:

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 27 Dec 2019 18:42

Interesting views as always. For me

Eze is currently ahead of Ejaria. Eze wasn't playing against Pele or Gunter last night he was playing wherever the space was. He is excellent at drifting into space between the lines and then attacking the back four if he gets the ball in the right area. He is also prepared to knock the ball off first time if he's not in the right area in order to retain possession and then find the space in the next phase.
Ejaria has enormous potential but he doesn't yet have the balance in his game that Eze does. He rarely lays the ball off quickly to then look for the space in the next phase. He is inclined to dribble wherever he is on the pitch and doesn't find himself in the spaces that Eze does often enough. If and when he does he will be a hell of a player.

Gunter is what he is. He had a decent game last night but he is a passive, risk averse footballer. When the shot hit the bar he turned around and looked to see if someone else was going to deal with it instead of having the over my dead body approach of clearing the ball. That sums him up to a large degree. In truth there isn't much between him and Yiadom but I'd want Yiadom in my side over Gunter every day of the week because he always wants to be on the front foot in everything he does.

P.S - My two lads are of the opinion that they wouldn't give a toss about winning the game if they were as good Ejaria. They'd just want to nutmeg as many people as possible. It is an entertainment business after all..... :-)

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 Dec 2019 19:44

I clearly wasn’t watching the same game as quite a few people on here. Eze was bang average last night. He lost the ball more times than any other QPR player. He had one moment of quality, but even that came to nothing. Gunter and Yaks on the right/ Blackett on the left did a great job of job of marshalling him into areas where he wasn’t effective. I am really astonished at how much praise he is getting. He was as anonymous as Ovie was last night. Neither of them looked particularly special. Swift was better for us and Chair had more impact for QPR in his 24 minute cameo than Eze did in the whole game. I’m sure that general consensus will now tell me how wrong I am...but if that is the level players need to be at to be wonder-kids, I may have been overly harsh on Paul Brayson all those years ago :roll:

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 27 Dec 2019 20:46

Enjoyed. Solid performance capped by a fine goal.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2019 20:56

stealthpapes Enjoyed. Solid performance capped by a fine goal.

:lol: :lol: Not sure FINE does it justice, though :lol: :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Dec 2019 21:03

Kitsondinho I clearly wasn’t watching the same game as quite a few people on here. Eze was bang average last night. He lost the ball more times than any other QPR player. He had one moment of quality, but even that came to nothing. Gunter and Yaks on the right/ Blackett on the left did a great job of job of marshalling him into areas where he wasn’t effective. I am really astonished at how much praise he is getting. He was as anonymous as Ovie was last night. Neither of them looked particularly special. Swift was better for us and Chair had more impact for QPR in his 24 minute cameo than Eze did in the whole game. I’m sure that general consensus will now tell me how wrong I am...but if that is the level players need to be at to be wonder-kids, I may have been overly harsh on Paul Brayson all those years ago :roll:

Every time he had the ball in the final third I was shitting myself. That's partly due to reputation, but overall he looked their most likely source of a goal.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Dec 2019 21:31

It’s surprising how many people, including J Low, failed to spot what led to the row between Gunter and Rafael (and of course the obsessive Gunter haters were only too quick to point the finger directly at him!).

Rafael came very close to gifting QPR an equaliser by taking a quick and very poor kick downfield. ThT led directly to the shot that crashed off the bar.

After the game Bowen said that he had been about to rip a strip off Rafael for his stupidity and lack of game management but that Gunter beat him to it. He made it clear that he thought Rafael was the main offender in then incident albeit he then produced a great save from the follow up effort.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Dec 2019 21:38

Two wrongs don't make a right, RB. Rafael's kick wasn't good but Gunter fell asleep to let Hugill in after the ball had come off the woodwork, as a defender he should be scanning what is over his shoulder to prevent that from happening.

Oh and, "haters"? You're not a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert, grow up.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 Dec 2019 21:46

WestYorksRoyal
Kitsondinho I clearly wasn’t watching the same game as quite a few people on here. Eze was bang average last night. He lost the ball more times than any other QPR player. He had one moment of quality, but even that came to nothing. Gunter and Yaks on the right/ Blackett on the left did a great job of job of marshalling him into areas where he wasn’t effective. I am really astonished at how much praise he is getting. He was as anonymous as Ovie was last night. Neither of them looked particularly special. Swift was better for us and Chair had more impact for QPR in his 24 minute cameo than Eze did in the whole game. I’m sure that general consensus will now tell me how wrong I am...but if that is the level players need to be at to be wonder-kids, I may have been overly harsh on Paul Brayson all those years ago :roll:

Every time he had the ball in the final third I was shitting myself. That's partly due to reputation, but overall he looked their most likely source of a goal.

Reputation, exactly. He wasn’t anywhere near that level yesterday. He did very little, provided little and had that one moment. Just another over-hyped Championship player. Mind you, I’m sure QPR fans could be saying that about Ovie after yesterday.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2019 21:53

Just a reminder to everyone, we won yesterday 1-0.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2019 22:03

Two wins on the spin
Three games on the bounce without conceding
Four games unbeaten

THIS NOT (Dave) GOODENOUGH

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 22:22

OLLIE KEARNS Interesting views as always. For me

Eze is currently ahead of Ejaria. Eze wasn't playing against Pele or Gunter last night he was playing wherever the space was. He is excellent at drifting into space between the lines and then attacking the back four if he gets the ball in the right area. He is also prepared to knock the ball off first time if he's not in the right area in order to retain possession and then find the space in the next phase.
Ejaria has enormous potential but he doesn't yet have the balance in his game that Eze does. He rarely lays the ball off quickly to then look for the space in the next phase. He is inclined to dribble wherever he is on the pitch and doesn't find himself in the spaces that Eze does often enough. If and when he does he will be a hell of a player.

Gunter is what he is. He had a decent game last night but he is a passive, risk averse footballer. When the shot hit the bar he turned around and looked to see if someone else was going to deal with it instead of having the over my dead body approach of clearing the ball. That sums him up to a large degree. In truth there isn't much between him and Yiadom but I'd want Yiadom in my side over Gunter every day of the week because he always wants to be on the front foot in everything he does.

P.S - My two lads are of the opinion that they wouldn't give a toss about winning the game if they were as good Ejaria. They'd just want to nutmeg as many people as possible. It is an entertainment business after all..... :-)

Interesting views on Eze vs Ejaria

Personally think Ejaria is a better all rounded player but Eze is more productive. Now which one of the two you’d prefer is up to you...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2019 22:35

RoyalBlue It’s surprising how many people, including J Low, failed to spot what led to the row between Gunter and Rafael (and of course the obsessive Gunter haters were only too quick to point the finger directly at him!).

Rafael came very close to gifting QPR an equaliser by taking a quick and very poor kick downfield. ThT led directly to the shot that crashed off the bar.

After the game Bowen said that he had been about to rip a strip off Rafael for his stupidity and lack of game management but that Gunter beat him to it. He made it clear that he thought Rafael was the main offender in then incident albeit he then produced a great save from the follow up effort.

I'm not sure you can call being hit straight in the face before you can react a great save.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 Dec 2019 22:51

Charlie Adam's passing ability is wasted when he's pinging balls out wide to Gunter to turn and pass the ball back, or Blacket to pass the ball out of play. Once Yiadom and Obita are fit we'll start rolling teams over

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 22:53

blueroyals Charlie Adam's passing ability is wasted when he's pinging balls out wide to Gunter to turn and pass the ball back, or Blacket to pass the ball out of play. Once Yiadom and Obita are fit we'll start rolling teams over

These comments really annoy me

We’ve played Yiadom and Obita numerous times this season and guess what. We’ve lost plenty of games

People’s obsessions over Obita and Yiadom are really strange, they’re two bang average fullbacks

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2019 22:54

He may not be a 90 minute player, but he is still a class player

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 22:57

AthleticoSpizz He may not be a 90 minute player, but he is still a class player

Certainly performing a hell of a lot better than I thought Adam is, proving me and a lot of others wrong

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 23:16

blueroyals Charlie Adam's passing ability is wasted when he's pinging balls out wide to Gunter to turn and pass the ball back, or Blacket to pass the ball out of play. Once Yiadom and Obita are fit we'll start rolling teams over

Based on what evidence? How many good crosses does Yiadom manage during a game?
Last edited by Zip on 28 Dec 2019 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

147 posts