BFTG Fulham

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Fulham

by windermereROYAL » 02 Jan 2020 12:57

Watched it all again this morning without the stress, incredibly lucky after the triple save when the guy had half the goal to shoot at and hit the post, the rest of the half Fulham had lots of pressure but apart from a couple of half chances didn`t really hurt us.
2 nd half was pretty much the same, we had the better chances on the break with Moore heading over 2 great chances and Joao being foiled when one on one with the keeper.
Their goal came from Gunter standing off the scorer instead of getting tight to him, then they hit the post which Rafael had covered if it had been on target and of course the fine save in injury time, possession doesn`t win games has we have learnt in the last few years, courage and resolution does, and we have that in abundance at the moment.
Deserved win without a doubt.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Jan 2020 15:06

Wycombe Royal
Nameless
Wycombe Royal That's a bold claim to make after 1 match......

It’s not been one match, he was excellent against QPR. HE’s the sort of player you don’t notice when he is doing well but errors and off days really show up as he plays in such a pivotal role.
HavingAdam in the team has, Ibelieve, really helped him.

There's always one, two days into the new year. I'm going to retreat back to my hole now.

No idea what you are on about.
Apologies if I missed some in joke.
Hard to spot what one is and isn’t allowed to say on here.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2020 15:19

Nameless
Wycombe Royal
Nameless
It’s not been one match, he was excellent against QPR. HE’s the sort of player you don’t notice when he is doing well but errors and off days really show up as he plays in such a pivotal role.
HavingAdam in the team has, Ibelieve, really helped him.

There's always one, two days into the new year. I'm going to retreat back to my hole now.

No idea what you are on about.
Apologies if I missed some in joke.
Hard to spot what one is and isn’t allowed to say on here.

We're 2 days into the year.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Jan 2020 15:37

No surprise to see us take all three points from this one given that Harry Arter was missing for the home side.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Jan 2020 15:51

John Smith No surprise to see us take all three points from this one given that Harry Arter was missing for the home side.

Blackpool likely to struggle this weekend without Stanley Matthews

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Jan 2020 16:01

Snowball
John Smith No surprise to see us take all three points from this one given that Harry Arter was missing for the home side.

Blackpool likely to struggle this weekend without Stanley Matthews

:D :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2020 16:07

That passage of play where Fulham nearly scored is insane.

Great little nibble from Gunter to push Mitrovic wider and cause him pause initially, could easily have gone wrong and given away a pen or left him with an easier shot. Then a good first save, followed by a super second save. A brilliant double block from Pele to give Cabral a chance to recover and then a tremendous third save to push the shot onto the post and wide.

You won't see the like of that very often.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2020 16:40

Only shame from the match is that the PA had to be used to remind our fans not to be homophobic. 'Chelsea rent-boys' was getting started from the bottom left corner for much of the first half. I shouldn't get too down on it I know, every fanbase has its idiots, was just a bit depressing.

Surprised we're still singing '...so we stab 'em' as well tbh, that hasn't aged well.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 17:20

Sanguine Only shame from the match is that the PA had to be used to remind our fans not to be homophobic. 'Chelsea rent-boys' was getting started from the bottom left corner for much of the first half. I shouldn't get too down on it I know, every fanbase has its idiots, was just a bit depressing.

Surprised we're still singing '...so we stab 'em' as well tbh, that hasn't aged well.

Good lord you need to lighten up don't you?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2020 17:27

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Only shame from the match is that the PA had to be used to remind our fans not to be homophobic. 'Chelsea rent-boys' was getting started from the bottom left corner for much of the first half. I shouldn't get too down on it I know, every fanbase has its idiots, was just a bit depressing.

Good lord you need to lighten up don't you?

Not really. And given the near silence around the group of c. 15 who kept trying to start it, I'd say it's more their sense of humour that needs to catch up.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Jan 2020 18:14

Barb Soon all chants will be band for fear of offending in this crazy pc world we live in.

Soon we won't be allowed to call the other side shit for fear of offending actual shits.

Rubbish

It's possible to be funny without being abusive

Homophobic, racist, (including anti-Semitic), extreme sexist chants SHOULD go.

Accept chants, accept the meaning behind them, and ultimately condone violence

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 02 Jan 2020 18:19

Snowball
Barb Soon all chants will be band for fear of offending in this crazy pc world we live in.

Soon we won't be allowed to call the other side shit for fear of offending actual shits.

Rubbish

+1

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Jan 2020 19:52

Wtf Cabral

That triple save is legendary. Surely up there with Sonko's superman header.

It is said a good keeper is worth a few points in a season. Well I take back what I said about the guy being average. He is above average. He manages to just keep things out. Ain't pretty. Face, arse, legs, whatever. He manages it.

Love him!!!!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Jan 2020 20:12

2 world wars, 1 world cup Wtf Cabral

That triple save is legendary. Surely up there with Sonko's superman header.

It is said a good keeper is worth a few points in a season. Well I take back what I said about the guy being average. He is above average. He manages to just keep things out. Ain't pretty. Face, arse, legs, whatever. He manages it.

Love him!!!!

remember, only saves with the gloves count

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Jan 2020 20:19

OLLIE KEARNS What a great Xmas period and a fantastic atmosphere at Fulham yesterday. The work rate of the Swift, Ejaria and Pele was incredible as they tracked run after run from Fulham players. Ejaria then ran Christie back the other way time after time which ultimately made the difference. With that combination of work rate, talent and organization we are going to have a chance in any game in the coming months. Long may it continue.
On the flip side we have rode our luck to a degree quite significantly in recent weeks and the simple law of averages means that it won't last. Two concerning factors would be the sheer number of dangerous crosses that teams are able to get in against us and that we're not great at keeping the ball when we do get possession higher up the pitch.
I think Meite on the right is a bit of a dilemma against better teams in that sense. He is a threat when we play lesser sides and so justifies inclusion but it did feel that we may have got a bit more quality possession if we had a more technical player in that area yesterday.
All that aside though, hats off to the team for recent performances !

Meite isn't good enough FULL STOP. Gunter and Blacket are good going forward but both capable of lapses at the back. We will concede goals down to them both but are worth there inclusion as they're offering a lot going forward and we haven't been punished too much so far.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Jan 2020 20:23

Snowball

Rubbish

It's not really homophobic chanting though is it? It's more about whorephobic.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 20:27

Jagermesiter1871
OLLIE KEARNS What a great Xmas period and a fantastic atmosphere at Fulham yesterday. The work rate of the Swift, Ejaria and Pele was incredible as they tracked run after run from Fulham players. Ejaria then ran Christie back the other way time after time which ultimately made the difference. With that combination of work rate, talent and organization we are going to have a chance in any game in the coming months. Long may it continue.
On the flip side we have rode our luck to a degree quite significantly in recent weeks and the simple law of averages means that it won't last. Two concerning factors would be the sheer number of dangerous crosses that teams are able to get in against us and that we're not great at keeping the ball when we do get possession higher up the pitch.
I think Meite on the right is a bit of a dilemma against better teams in that sense. He is a threat when we play lesser sides and so justifies inclusion but it did feel that we may have got a bit more quality possession if we had a more technical player in that area yesterday.

Meite isn't good enough FULL STOP. Gunter and Blacket are good going forward but both capable of lapses at the back. We will concede goals down to them both but are worth there inclusion as they're offering a lot going forward and we haven't been punished too much so far.

Meite is absolutely fine. He creates space for others to work in.

Do you watch the games?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 02 Jan 2020 20:28

Best away atmos for many a season. Could barely speak this morning. Uuuuuuurrrrzzzz.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Jan 2020 20:34

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

Do you watch the games?

Yeh but thats not really the point of a striker/winger. Unfortunately when he actually has the ball he's invariably awful.

Are you able to type a post without making some odd personal remark?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 20:35

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

Do you watch the games?

Yeh but thats not really the point of a striker/winger. Unfortunately when he actually has the ball he's invariably awful.

Are you able to type a post without making some odd personal remark?

What was the personal remark? I'm asking if you watch the games because it appears you are missing the work Meite does for the team.