BFTG Fulham

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG Fulham

by Westwood52 » 01 Jan 2020 17:38

Well back from the red button.

Great win,against a very good side.Showed a lot of resolution and organisation,until the last twenty when Fulham put us under real pressure.Should have been out of sight,well before then.Jao,Moore twice and Ovie missed good chances.

IMHO.

Rafael 10 Mom what can you say ? hitting top form.

Gunts 5 Great first half,did everything right,then late in the second half the worst of Gunter.At fault for their goal,by just hanging off Cavalero.Then did it again.

Blackett 8 Very good.As usual one brain fade second half.
Moore 7 Defensively very good,but missed two open headers on goal.
Morrison 9 Excellent.At his best.
Pele 8 Went missing late on,but very good until then.
Adam 7 Excellent contribution.I had my doubts when we bought him,but I was wrong.
Swift 7 Took him a long time to get into the game,but when he did he was very good.
Ejaria 7 Few Hollywood moments,after an excellent first half defensively,tired badly last ten minutes.But wow the goal he created was world class.

Jao 5 Should have taken on more responsibility.Needs to put himself about a bit more.
Meite 4 Nothing really the worst of Meite.

Miazga One brilliant tackle,but he is something of a hot head.
Rino Great work on Cavalero
Baldock Should have been Boye really,more physical.

Ref what’s going wrong ,another good one.Got nearly everything right.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Fulham

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Jan 2020 17:54

Thought the ref was appalling - had a spell 2nd half where he got every decision the wrong way round including Joaos chance which was a clear save.

Also surely bonus points for Moore playing on with a dislocated shoulder.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jan 2020 18:02

Joao did fairly well I thought - did tire though. Meite and Gunter were better than 5 but not too much

Swift/Ejaria/Adam showed how to play midfield. Worked their backsides off and provided quality when needed - 8 or 9s for them

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Jan 2020 18:05

Hound Joao did fairly well I thought - did tire though. Meite and Gunter were better than 5 but not too much

Swift/Ejaria/Adam showed how to play midfield. Worked their backsides off and provided quality when needed - 8 or 9s for them

Gunter in general was better than a 5 but his part in their goal and the fact he's been doing the same thing for 10 years now = him getting a 5.

Meite was extremely poor. For me a 2 would be more fitting. Invisible other than doing several poor pieces. Was 10x the player last year.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Jan 2020 18:14

Disappointing in Gunter for their goal, showed him onto his stronger right foot and nowhere near tight enough.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 01 Jan 2020 18:44

Joao 5 - oxf*rd me. Watching on TV you only see it when the ball comes to his area of the pitch. The man was epic, ran, moved, battled, occupied and ran their back 2 ragged. You really should go to a game before marking players.

Special mention for Pele - MOTM and best game in the hoops.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Jan 2020 18:54

It will be a tragedy if Ejaria is anywhere other than here next season. its being said we have an option to buy but I`m not sure its that clear. until I see him signing that contract it will be uncomfortable.
it can`t have gone unnoticed how gifted he is.

Barb

by Barb » 01 Jan 2020 19:27

SWLR Joao 5 - oxf*rd me. Watching on TV you only see it when the ball comes to his area of the pitch. The man was epic, ran, moved, battled, occupied and ran their back 2 ragged. You really should go to a game before marking players.

Special mention for Pele - MOTM and best game in the hoops.

Agree. João ran himself into the ground.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jan 2020 19:41

windermereROYAL It will be a tragedy if Ejaria is anywhere other than here next season. its being said we have an option to buy but I`m not sure its that clear. until I see him signing that contract it will be uncomfortable.
it can`t have gone unnoticed how gifted he is.

He will be unless we sell him.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... -confirmed

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Jan 2020 19:42

Rafael 10 - superb saves, especially the double one in the first half

Gunter 7.5 - dealt with Kamara very well, struggled a little with Cavaleiro though
Morrison 9 - superb, won everything in the air
Moore 8 - dealt with Mitro well
Blackett 8 - another good game from Tyler, two or three odd pieces of defending aside

Pele 10 - definitely winning most improved player of the year, superb
Meite 6 - was poor offensively but helped Gunter out and was against Bryan who is a good offensive LB
Adam 7 - struggled to match his standards of recent, but improved as the game went on and took up a good position for his goal
Swift 8 - clever momement throughout
Ejaria 9 - excellent

Joao 6 - thought he could have done a little more today but at times he showed good pieces of play

Subs were decent too, helped close the game out

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jan 2020 19:59

URZZZZ Rafael 10 - superb saves, especially the double one in the first half

Gunter 7.5 - dealt with Kamara very well, struggled a little with Cavaleiro though
Blackett 8 - another good game from Tyler, two or three odd pieces of defending aside

Meite 6 - was poor offensively but helped Gunter out and was against Bryan who is a good offensive LB
Adam 7 - struggled to match his standards of recent, but improved as the game went on and took up a good position for his goal
Ejaria 9 - excellent

Joao 6 - thought he could have done a little more today but at times he showed good pieces of play

Yeah would agree with all of those

Pele has made a huge difference since returning to the side

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Jan 2020 20:12

Ejaria 9 - excellent

You thought Gunter was better than Adam? :shock:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Jan 2020 20:20

Jagermesiter1871

Ejaria 9 - excellent

You thought Gunter was better than Adam? :shock:

I thought minutes 1-60 and 75-90 Gunter was superb, and even made quite a few tackles

He had a shaky 15 minutes and was at fault (at least partially) for the goal but on the whole, he was superb

I thought in this run of games it was Adam’s worst performance. He did take a while to get into it but he still played relatively well

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 01 Jan 2020 20:27

One of THE best feelings in the world.

An away game. You outsing the home "fans" for 90 minutes. You even outsing the cardboard happy clappers.
And particularly in London, you have to share the same underground/trains as opposing fans...and they simply can not
even look you in the eye.

Superb.

And anyone that slaughtered the appointment of Mr Mark Bowen as manager should be scoffing a huge helping of humble pie
tonight.

Reading are back. BIG TIME.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 01 Jan 2020 20:57

Back 4 deserve special credit. 10's all round from me.

For all bar first 15 minutes of 2nd half, they faced a full-on onslaught.They stayed tight and cut out the space around 18 yard box, against a team that ripped us one a couple of months ago. Full backs had the hardest job, when to stay tight, when there were players out wide, let them get the ball and close them down, brilliant.....worked all bar once. Pantomine villain, Knobhead, in Blackett's pocket. Being behind the goal really gives you an appreciation of the organisation and effort.

Bodies thrown on the line. Best centre forward in the league got nothing, apart from frustrated.

Privilege to be there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jan 2020 21:03

First game in many years for me and have to say the atmosphere was excellent. Wont do scores as I'm not used to watching from pitchside and cant see very far but I thought we showed very good defensive shape.

I was amused to hear a few of our fans grumble "get rid of it" any time there is an ounce of pressure.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jan 2020 22:24

oxf*rd me, what a triple save from Cabral. And then at least one more cracker later on as well.

Ejaria with the feet and a final ball too. And more from Blackett. Sweet.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 00:08

What’s the average for the playoffs normally? Right now, 6th place is averaging 71 points after 46 games but I thought it’s usually a bit higher than that

Whatever the figure is, it’s perfectly doable though. Our next three league games are huge for us. It’s so strange how we’re 14th and yet only 8 points off third. So close around there. One large winning streak certainly pushes the boundaries

Best indicator will be the game after our next loss. Blackburn were in a similar position to us, picked up a few wins, got to within one game off the playoffs, had one poor result and now haven’t won in 4. If we can retain our character after our next disappointing result, we’ve got a really good shot at this

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jan 2020 00:15

Blackburn have lost Bradley Dack for the season. If you see how we lacked creativity when Swift was injured, Dack is more important to them than Swift is to us.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 00:20

Did forget about the injury to Dack, but Blackburn seem to have followed a common theme in their last 18 months in the Championship, having the ability to win 6 then lose 6, even with Dack

Even Bristol, went to CC a few weeks ago, picked up 3 points and have now lost 5 out of the last 6. As you said yesterday, momentum is a big thing, esp in the Championship