BFTG - Blackpool

135 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Blackpool

by Zip » 05 Jan 2020 17:27

It would taken a top keeper to save their second which was hit with venom. The fault with that goal has to lie with Burley who got outmuscled.
Having said that Southwood deserves a chance. He has done well out on loan again so give him the replay.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2020 18:32

AthleticoSpizz
paultheroyal
AthleticoSpizz “A great keeper” doesn’t waste his time warming the bench at Reading

Walker is exactly what you would expect him to be....second best and average

In which case might as well have an academy product on the bench rather than an unwanted journey man.
Apart from the age and inexperience taboos, yeah why not. Our days of affording Marcus H on pitch with Feds (or even Hamer) awaiting an injury/sending off to occur are gone.

Walker’s just fine for now

Not sure Feds or Hamer were that brilliant while bench warming for us. Took regular games for both really.

Also, wasn't it more Young and Stack that did the benchwarming for Marcus a lot of the time?

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 05 Jan 2020 18:32

Jackson Corner Bowen went down in my opinion today after such a good run was it really necessary to make 17 changes? Even the subs needed a break. We have a free week next week could a few first teamers at least not been on the bench?
We our 14th not 4th. So this talk of play offs is way premature lose the two games against Forest and we are back to square one. Where as a decent cup run is a distinct possibility. Now not only should we have suffered an embarrassing defeat today we now have a 10 hour round midweek trip to freezing Blackpool. 11 changes rarely works anyone who remembers that humiliating evening in Peterborough when Atkins did the same and we lost 6-0.
Remember the season when Brian fielded a strong side in the cup we reached the quarterfinals and made playoff final the two bounced off each other. Boosting confidence and the club coffers.

+1
Some praise for him giving Burley a start, but was Bowen aiming for posthumous comic stardom by having the kid mark Gnanduillet?! How the f was that ever going to happen?!

Also, was that the most boring 2:2, or was that just my Reading sinking feeling?

At least we have the “every manager has to start Aluko once to truly believe for himself” out of the way.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2020 18:46

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz
paultheroyal In which case might as well have an academy product on the bench rather than an unwanted journey man.
Apart from the age and inexperience taboos, yeah why not. Our days of affording Marcus H on pitch with Feds (or even Hamer) awaiting an injury/sending off to occur are gone.

Walker’s just fine for now

Not sure Feds or Hamer were that brilliant while bench warming for us. Took regular games for both really.

Also, wasn't it more Young and Stack that did the benchwarming for Marcus a lot of the time?
yes and yes...Walker will never get regular game time for us, he is, however, a first team keeper from the lower leagues....good enough for what we need right now.

And again, correct, but Feds was around during our inaugural season in the Prem...Stack was more the 106 season

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Jan 2020 19:17

Zip It would taken a top keeper to save their second which was hit with venom. The fault with that goal has to lie with Burley who got outmuscled.
Having said that Southwood deserves a chance. He has done well out on loan again so give him the replay.

Strange that at the moment we have five GK’s

Rafael
Walker
Virginia
Southwood
Mannone

Expect Mannone and Virginia to go before the window but apart from Rafael, none really strike me with confidence

I do think Walker is a bit sketchy, won’t make too many mistakes over a season but won’t make enough saves and doesn’t distribute the ball/his box well enough. Would perhaps keep him until the end of the season and try and get Southwood a loan to a league one club perhaps

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 05 Jan 2020 19:19

URZZZZ
Zip It would taken a top keeper to save their second which was hit with venom. The fault with that goal has to lie with Burley who got outmuscled.

Rafael
Walker
Virginia
Southwood
Mannone

Expect Mannone and Virginia to go before the window but apart from Rafael, none really strike me with confidence

I do think Walker is a bit sketchy, won’t make too many mistakes over a season but won’t make enough saves and doesn’t distribute the ball/his box well enough. Would perhaps keep him until the end of the season and try and get Southwood a loan to a league one club perhaps

Actually 4 now. In the least surprising news of the window, Virginia has gone back to Everton.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... n-17516338

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Jan 2020 19:20

Bowen really should have identified that Burley vs Gnanduillet would be a complete mismatch.

Blackett and Miazga at CB, Ejaria and Meite on the bench to get a winner if required, and we would have avoided an unnecessary midweek trip to Blackpool.

Obviously he is doing a very good job at Reading, but his gamble this weekend has backfired.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Jan 2020 20:26

muirinho
URZZZZ

Rafael
Walker
Virginia
Southwood
Mannone

Actually 4 now. In the least surprising news of the window, Virginia has gone back to Everton.

Thus concludes arguably the worst loan we’ve ever had - and that takes some doing!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2020 20:32

A young lad farmed out from his comfortable trajectory doesn’t make the grade with a struggling team with a sh1t back line....well...well....who knew?

Hopefully the lad finds his level

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jan 2020 20:36

Tbf little harm done really. It didn’t work but was probably very cheap and quickly rectified

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Jan 2020 20:38

CountryRoyal
muirinho
URZZZZ

Rafael
Walker
Virginia
Southwood
Mannone

Thus concludes arguably the worst loan we’ve ever had - and that takes some doing!

To be fair, he was only at fault for two goals...just the wrong player in the wrong environment

Pretty sure De Gea made two clangers in his first two games :wink:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Jan 2020 21:31

Only at fault for 2 goals? If it wouldn’t thoroughly depress me I’d look at them again because I’m fairly certain that’s bullshit.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jan 2020 21:51

CountryRoyal Only at fault for 2 goals? If it wouldn’t thoroughly depress me I’d look at them again because I’m fairly certain that’s bullshit.

Looked like a kid, played like a kid, for someone highly thought of, he was a massive let down and I can only think he is actually 22 years of age playing in age group 3 years below....

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 05 Jan 2020 21:56

JR
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZZZZZ
An absolutely cringeworthy phone call.

He's right though.

It was the biggest amount of tripe I’ve ever heard from any so called fan on a phone-in anywhere.

He made five points and they were all awful.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2020 00:24

CountryRoyal Only at fault for 2 goals? If it wouldn’t thoroughly depress me I’d look at them again because I’m fairly certain that’s bullshit.

Depends what you classify as “at fault”. For example, Joao’s goal for Wednesday against us, he could have done better. But that’s different to being at fault

In reality, he was at fault for Bowen’s goal in August and Wolves’ in September. Another one against Chelsea if you indeed count friendlies but I don’t

But yes, it was a terrible signing

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Jan 2020 07:45

paultheroyal

Looked like a kid, played like a kid, for someone highly thought of, he was a massive let down and I can only think he is actually 22 years of age playing in age group 3 years below....

Probably good that he only turned 20 in October then.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Jan 2020 08:05

P!ssed Off Bowen really should have identified that Burley vs Gnanduillet would be a complete mismatch.

Blackett and Miazga at CB, Ejaria and Meite on the bench to get a winner if required, and we would have avoided an unnecessary midweek trip to Blackpool.

Obviously he is doing a very good job at Reading, but his gamble this weekend has backfired.

yeah, genuine lol at MOTD at the second goal. Poor kid got monstered.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jan 2020 10:11

Hendo
paultheroyal

Probably good that he only turned 20 in October then.

2 years above his age group then - makes sense.

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 06 Jan 2020 11:20

Pandoras Box Also what’s the score with Josh Barrett? I thought in the games he’s played he was quite convincing and yet he didn’t even get a run out today.

Not surprised he didnt get a run out.... he couldnt be bothered actually warming up properly and seemed out of breath after just his half-arsed warm-up....

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Jan 2020 11:21

Never been that impressed when I have seen him play, although I know he did have a very good game at Plymouth this season. Think it might be a case of needing to let him go for him to improve as a footballer.

135 posts