Grow up a bit.

Old Man Andrews

Re: BFTG - Blackpool

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 15:03

Snowflake Royal You're completely wrong OMA because:

a) I do go to games
b) it's the 21st century and you can watch games without going

Grow up a bit.

You openly admit not going to games. Watching them does not give you a good idea of how a player is performing either btw, it is a very blinkered way to analyse performance. You also do not see the players in training, you have no idea what they are like day to day.

The two players you mentioned do not get in the team because they are not good enough. Are you suggesting you know more than the coach?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2020 15:06

Old Man Andrews

a) I do go to games

Grow up a bit.

You openly admit not going to games. Watching them does not give you a good idea of how a player is performing either btw, it is a very blinkered way to analyse performance. You also do not see the players in training, you have no idea what they are like day to day.

The two players you mentioned do not get in the team because they are not good enough. Are you suggesting you know more than the coach?

You’re really dull, can you just stop please?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2020 15:07

Old Man Andrews

a) I do go to games

Grow up a bit.

No I don't. And no, just you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 15:08

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

a) I do go to games

Grow up a bit.

You know nothing about football. At least Ian has some basic idea.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 17:19

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews You openly admit not going to games. Watching them does not give you a good idea of how a player is performing either btw, it is a very blinkered way to analyse performance. You also do not see the players in training, you have no idea what they are like day to day.

Barrett still good enough Ian?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jan 2020 17:32

a) I do go to games

Grow up a bit.

I have never understood the grief you get for this. You go to plenty of games especially given the distance you have to travel.
You are as much of a fan as anyone else on here.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jan 2020 17:33

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews You openly admit not going to games. Watching them does not give you a good idea of how a player is performing either btw, it is a very blinkered way to analyse performance. You also do not see the players in training, you have no idea what they are like day to day.

OMA give it a rest. You are a decent poster when you want to be. Why persist with the constant winding up of others?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jan 2020 17:40

Ranty McRantface
Hound
Old Man Andrews There is nothing wrong with being at "Plymouth level" btw, its a decent living and a fairly decent standard. Look what stepping down a level did for Jack Stacey too.

Yes, he looks a decent div2 player to me, maybe div1 at a push

I like him, and he has had some ok performances for us, but I just don't think he is quite Champ standard.

I personally think we don't give him and others enough chances. It's a big ask for a player who doesn't play regularly to come in and have a good game in a league match. Even Boye can't do it and he's 23! The youngsters are going to be more inconsistent than the older lot and when they have a bad game we just seem to instantly assume they're not good enough. Barrett does have quality good enough at this level but he needs to games to get the experience to be a more consistent performer. A loan would be good for the lad in January.

I know I've said it before but the only way we are going to tell who is ready is when they have a played a lot of games regularly. We did it with Jordan Obita, even when he was playing badly for a spell. We did it with Shane Long when it took him an age to get goals firing. We did it with Robson-Kanu before he became more consistent on the wing.

The question is does the manager have the patience to put 1 of them in and treat them the same as the others as opposed to restricting them just because they are young.

Yep good post. I don’t think Barrett was given enough chances. When I have seen him play he looked pretty lively. I liked his attitude. I think he played v Fulham earlier in the season when Swift was sent off and he really struggled but he wasn’t the only one that night. Since Gomes departure he has been totally out of it.

I hope he does well at League One level.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2020 17:49

Zip

a) I do go to games

Grow up a bit.

I have never understood the grief you get for this. You go to plenty of games especially given the distance you have to travel.

Tbf he gets more grief talking down to people expressing perfectly valid opinions.

Which is ironic as OMA/John Smith does this as well.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 17:51

Zip
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

OMA give it a rest. You are a decent poster when you want to be. Why persist with the constant winding up of others?

If you can read the post champ you'll see I was talking about football and was attacked by Urzzzz.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Jan 2020 18:19

The thing with you all is that while you're sometimes right about stuff you often have incorrect opinions.

At least everything I think is 100% correct. Try to be like me. Look for the things I write and then either say you agree or put them in your own words.

This is the key to success on HNA and life in general.

HTH

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Jan 2020 18:21

How does OMA manage to turn every thread on this forum into a shit show? It's getting to the point this forum is unusable as every thread just becomes side tracked with telling OMA to oxf*rd off and stop being a pathetic human being.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 18:24

Jagermesiter1871 How does OMA manage to turn every thread on this forum into a shit show? It's getting to the point this forum is unusable as every thread just becomes side tracked with telling OMA to oxf*rd off and stop being a pathetic human being.

I was on topic and got attacked.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2020 19:58

Zip

a) I do go to games

Grow up a bit.

Tbf it's only from the real thickies and trolls.

I know where it comes from and it is at least partially self inflicted.

135 posts