MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

269 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 08:50

Stranded
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Would Armand Gnanduillet be an affordable option for us? Big lad, holds the ball up well and can score goals. Maybe not first choice but a decent bench option.

Dunno. Coventry (or someone else...) are after him arent they?

Thing is, do you want 6 senior strikers on our books? 7 including McNulty?

It just seems interesting to me that we all discussed that Bowen would have a real selection headache on his hands once all striker were fit. Now that Joao is out, for an admittedly long time, everyone is panicking. What happened to the selection headache?

I'm not a scout so cant come up with a name but we should be looking for a loan.

It's not panic. We seem to have hit a rich vein of form playing with Joao who is a different option to our other strikers. My point is we are left with one striker coming back from a shoulder injury that apparently really needs an op and one who is sadly injury prone.

McNulty isn't really on our books this season and will either stay at Sunderland or there is talk of him going back to Hibs or even Swindon on loan.

It would be prudent to replace the player we are losing to injury in the short term - this should realistically only be a loan unless there is a deal that is too good to turn down out there - that is unlikely in January. Bowen has already stated that the wheels are in motion to try and find a striker to cover Joao's injury so the club clearly feel the same way.

There is definite panic from certain fans. You can sense it. Joao was great. Which was great for me as well as I said he would be great. That was a definite win in the "NCS's Opinions" list.

We are a bit close to dangerously injury prone. I accept that. I just think a long term, permanent signing is the wrong move for the club. Its financially irresponsible for one.

My McNulty point was that he is still on our books until he isnt. So technically we already have 6 senior strikers. That's a lot.

I think the Loader contract situation will be the deciding factor in this. If he signs a deal with us I dont think we will sign a striker. He will be the replacement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2020 08:56

think its very much up to Bowen and his team - if they feel Boye/Loader could fill the gap left by Joao or not. Have the Meite option with plenty of right sided cover, esp once Yiadom is back.

But does he feel they are good enough to replace him? Suspect not.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:02

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Sharp?? No chance.

Would Armand Gnanduillet be an affordable option for us? Big lad, holds the ball up well and can score goals. Maybe not first choice but a decent bench option.

Dunno. Coventry (or someone else...) are after him arent they?

Thing is, do you want 6 senior strikers on our books? 7 including McNulty?

It just seems interesting to me that we all discussed that Bowen would have a real selection headache on his hands once all striker were fit. Now that Joao is out, for an admittedly long time, everyone is panicking. What happened to the selection headache?

I'm not a scout so cant come up with a name but we should be looking for a loan.

Looking beyond this season I think we could well end up offloading Loader, Baldock and Puscas in the summer, it might be prudent to think ahead. I agree a loan suits us better though.

Having a quick look at each squad in the Premier League now to see which strikers could leave on loan along with them being realistic targets:

Arsenal - Nobody

Aston Villa - Nobody

Brighton - Glenn Murray

Burnley - Matej Vydra

Chelsea - Charlie Brown (U23)

Crystal Palace - Connor Wickham

Everton - Oumar Niasse

Leicester - Nobody

Liverpool - Joe Hardy

Man City - Nobody

Man Utd - Nobody

Newcastle United - Dwight Gayle, Muto

Norwich City - Adam Idah

Sheffield United - Billy Sharp, Leon Clarke

Southampton - Che Adams, Shane Long

Spurs - Troy Parrott

Watford - Nobody

West Ham - Albian Ajeti

Wolves - Nobody

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2020 09:04

I'm guessing there are a fair few U23s from the Prem who they would be looking to loan out. Like Nketiah for example. Not that I think thats particularly what we need atm

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 09:12

Hold up. Why would we offload Puscas????

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:12

Hound I'm guessing there are a fair few U23s from the Prem who they would be looking to loan out. Like Nketiah for example. Not that I think thats particularly what we need atm

Yeah didn't massively dip into the Under 23 squads as I'd reckon we would rather have someone in the team who has been there and done it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:14

NewCorkSeth Hold up. Why would we offload Puscas????

If he doesn't get 15 goals by the end of the season then the transfer is a complete failure for me, fee considered. It is likely we can make a profit on him too, the club would sell.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2020 09:19

Old Man Andrews

If he doesn't get 15 goals by the end of the season then the transfer is a complete failure for me, fee considered. It is likely we can make a profit on him too, the club would sell.

What if he got 14?

What’s he on now 7 is it? Reckon he’ll probably score about that again in the next 4 months - if he stays fit

And that’s fine imo for a first season

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 09:21

Old Man Andrews

Why 15? Hes young, talented and playing his first season in one of the toughest leagues in the world. Give him a bit of time. I get that people are disappointed but it's our own fault for bigging him up in the first place.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:22

Hound
Old Man Andrews

What if he got 14?

What’s he on now 7 is it? Reckon he’ll probably score about that again in the next 4 months - if he stays fit

And that’s fine imo for a first season

No I would want 15 minimum. He hasn't impressed me this far, Cardiff home game and Wigan away aside. A lot of it isn't his fault as he is new to the league but should be be able to make a tidy profit on him this summer I think it would be ok to sell.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:24

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Why 15? Hes young, talented and playing his first season in one of the toughest leagues in the world. Give him a bit of time. I get that people are disappointed but it's our own fault for bigging him up in the first place.

I think a striker being brought in for that fee and on the wage he is should be looking at 15 goals over a 46 league game season, I don't think it is much to ask. If he stays I am fine with that btw, no issues with him in general. Just thinking from a club POV, if someone comes in with a big bid it will be hard to turn down.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 09:27

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

I think a striker being brought in for that fee and on the wage he is should be looking at 15 goals over a 46 league game season, I don't think it is much to ask. If he stays I am fine with that btw, no issues with him in general. Just thinking from a club POV, if someone comes in with a big bid it will be hard to turn down.

But our owners dont care about big bids. The only way hes leaving is if we look to sell him which would be foolish imo.

Hes only played 17 games and has 6 goals. Give him another 17 and 6 goals and that's 33 games 12 goals which is a good first season. Regardless of the fee.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Jan 2020 09:30

not just saying it for sentimental reasons but i feel shane long could be a realistic option next season will be 33 in a couple of weeks ooc in the summer doubt he will find another premier league club. It depends on how realistic he would be regarding wages i guess.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:33

WoodleyRoyal not just saying it for sentimental reasons but i feel shane long could be a realistic option next season will be 33 in a couple of weeks ooc in the summer doubt he will find another premier league club. It depends on how realistic he would be regarding wages i guess.

Could easily see him playing over in America or something. Think the fantasy of him coming back to us is just that, a fantasy.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2020 09:33

Long’s a genuine possibility

Suppose depends on how he and Bowen got on at Southampton

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 09:35

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

How much is he on?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:38

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Why 15? Hes young, talented and playing his first season in one of the toughest leagues in the world. Give him a bit of time. I get that people are disappointed but it's our own fault for bigging him up in the first place.

How much is he on?

Based on him being our record signing and an agent wanting his player to be in line with the high earners at the club he must be on 20k plus.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 09:40

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews I think a striker being brought in for that fee and on the wage he is should be looking at 15 goals over a 46 league game season, I don't think it is much to ask. If he stays I am fine with that btw, no issues with him in general. Just thinking from a club POV, if someone comes in with a big bid it will be hard to turn down.

How much is he on?

Based on him being our record signing and an agent wanting his player to be in line with the high earners at the club he must be on 20k plus.

But he said he had much more lucrative offers. Doubt hes on that much.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 09:51

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews I think a striker being brought in for that fee and on the wage he is should be looking at 15 goals over a 46 league game season, I don't think it is much to ask. If he stays I am fine with that btw, no issues with him in general. Just thinking from a club POV, if someone comes in with a big bid it will be hard to turn down.

How much is he on?

Ergo, you don't actually know and are guessing.

I'd seriously doubt that we are paying quite that much, especially after our financial issues recently. I'd have put him somewhere on £12k-£15k/week.

Also, this record transfer thing is speculation, yes it may eventually rise to our record transfer fee with bonuses and such, but I seem to remember it being widely reported that we didn't pay that much upfront for him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 09:57

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo
How much is he on?

Ergo, you don't actually know and are guessing.

I'd seriously doubt that we are paying quite that much, especially after our financial issues recently. I'd have put him somewhere on £12k-£15k/week.

Also, this record transfer thing is speculation, yes it may eventually rise to our record transfer fee with bonuses and such, but I seem to remember it being widely reported that we didn't pay that much upfront for him.

Very unlikely anyone knows a players wage unless they disclose it. You can however look at all of the things that you do know and come to the reasonable assumption that he would be one of the big earners.

Again you only call me out to score cheap points because you see me as an easy target. You've entered what was a good discussion to have a dig, well done.

269 posts