MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

269 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jan 2020 09:59

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Why 15? Hes young, talented and playing his first season in one of the toughest leagues in the world. Give him a bit of time. I get that people are disappointed but it's our own fault for bigging him up in the first place.

I think a striker being brought in for that fee and on the wage he is should be looking at 15 goals over a 46 league game season, I don't think it is much to ask. If he stays I am fine with that btw, no issues with him in general. Just thinking from a club POV, if someone comes in with a big bid it will be hard to turn down.

How much is he on?

i think it was stated on other threads it is not a massive amount under 10k a week but very bonus lead. He has 4 years on his contract so i think unless anything drastic has happened behind the scenes I think he will definitely have another year with us. He will get used to the league and once he does I feel he will tear it apart. In regards to the rest of the Strikers as long as we don't get promoted or get a stupid offer on any of them I dont think the strikers will change this summer.

Joao - Long term contract young and good player for this league will always get atleast 10+ goals and holds the ball up well.
Puscas - Long term contract a very good centre forward at this level will blow hot and cold but cantthink of anyone better we could afford.
Baldock - Good back up with a year left on his contract might aswell let him see out his contract and if he does well give him a rolling year by year I have really enjoyed his resurgence and has been a real asset this year.
Meite - long term contract good 3rd/4th choice and can play right across the front 3. will chip in with 10 a season wherever he plays.

Loader - Stay if he likes but will not get much past the above should sign a contract and be farmed out to league 1 for 18 months.

Money if any can be better spent in CM/CB and some wingers who can play in a front 3 in the summer.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 10:00

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Based on him being our record signing and an agent wanting his player to be in line with the high earners at the club he must be on 20k plus.

Ergo, you don't actually know and are guessing.

I'd seriously doubt that we are paying quite that much, especially after our financial issues recently. I'd have put him somewhere on £12k-£15k/week.

Also, this record transfer thing is speculation, yes it may eventually rise to our record transfer fee with bonuses and such, but I seem to remember it being widely reported that we didn't pay that much upfront for him.

Very unlikely anyone knows a players wage unless they disclose it. You can however look at all of the things that you do know and come to the reasonable assumption that he would be one of the big earners.

Again you only call me out to score cheap points because you see me as an easy target.

I believe it was actually you, who said, that they would hold people accountable to their statements - which is exactly what I have done here.

Your statement was very matter-of-fact, so I wanted to know how much he was on.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Jan 2020 10:06

Old Man Andrews Bowen has made a terrible mistake.

Oh, this is too easy.

I thought you said you were the only one who knew anything about football - or do you think Bowen has mucked up by somehow managing to get through ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 10:10

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews Bowen has made a terrible mistake.

Oh, this is too easy.

I thought you said you were the only one who knew anything about football - or do you think Bowen has mucked up by somehow managing to get through ?

It is proof Mark Bowen shouldn't be doubted.

Mark Bowen knows a lot about football, he is a football manager.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jan 2020 10:15

Hendo I believe it was actually you, who said, that they would hold people accountable to their statements - which is exactly what I have done here.

Just put him on ignore, man. It's been lovely and silent for me this morning.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2020 10:20

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Hendo
How much is he on?

Based on him being our record signing and an agent wanting his player to be in line with the high earners at the club he must be on 20k plus.

But he said he had much more lucrative offers. Doubt hes on that much.

I'd imagine it was very highly incentivised.

Maybe something like 12k a week, but then big goals and win bonuses

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 10:21

genome
Hendo I believe it was actually you, who said, that they would hold people accountable to their statements - which is exactly what I have done here.

I don't like my content diluted, but I have considered it from time to time.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 10:25

genome

Try reading the thread, you'll see Hendo interjecting himself into a conversation and being offensive.

HTH.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 10:28

Old Man Andrews
genome

Try reading the thread, you'll see Hendo interjecting himself into a conversation and being offensive.

HTH.

Please show me where I have been offensive?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 10:29

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
genome

HTH.

I took offence to your comment and interjection.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2020 10:31

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal not just saying it for sentimental reasons but i feel shane long could be a realistic option next season will be 33 in a couple of weeks ooc in the summer doubt he will find another premier league club. It depends on how realistic he would be regarding wages i guess.

Could easily see him playing over in America or something. Think the fantasy of him coming back to us is just that, a fantasy.

Yes, he'd do well and be a big name in MLS.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 10:32

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Try reading the thread, you'll see Hendo interjecting himself into a conversation and being offensive.

HTH.

Which comment, specifically, offended you? I'm curious to know.

Interjection, on a discussion forum? Who'd have thought that?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 10:33

On the Shane Long thing, I'm not sure he cares as much about us as we care about him. When I met him and mentioned I am a Reading fan he just said "yeah?". Of course he might have just not been interested in me..

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 10:33

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Which comment, specifically, offended you? I'm curious to know.

Interjection, on a discussion forum? Who'd have thought that?

Implying I know nothing about football. I am fully capable of estimating a players wage based upon the factors surrounding them thanks.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 10:35

:lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 10:35

NewCorkSeth On the Shane Long thing, I'm not sure he cares as much about us as we care about him. When I met him and mentioned I am a Reading fan he just said "yeah?". Of course he might have just not been interested in me..

Considering the majority of time he was here, he was ridiculed, I’m not surprised

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2020 11:25

URZZZZ
Lower West
KC Royal
Yep, thinking the same. Expect Puscas in for Baldock though, then the question is do we rest Baldock completely if he's not going to be starting? If we do then wonder if we may see Adam make a cameo appearance given that there's a spot available on the bench now that Barrett has left. Or if McIntyre is fit maybe a place for him?

Baldock is still returning to full fitness.

Puscas up top with Boye/Loader playing in a no 10 role.

Otherwise same team as started the first match. Reasonable that they get another chance to play together in a competitive fixture.

Must admit, I’ll be slightly disappointed if Burley starts the game tomorrow, clearly isn’t good enough yet

Did ok last night.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2020 11:27

Snowflake Royal As for Aluko, he was an awful signing, who has been awful, got drummed out for being expensive and awful and now we're stuck with the waster again. What point exactly there is in giving a poor performing experienced player 5 minutes against Blackpool I just don't see.

Fresh legs and an experienced head. Energy levels were dropping by the time the substitution was made.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Jan 2020 12:42

NewCorkSeth On the Shane Long thing, I'm not sure he cares as much about us as we care about him. When I met him and mentioned I am a Reading fan he just said "yeah?". Of course he might have just not been interested in me..

I get that, and I think you could be right, it means one thing to a fan of a club (playing for your team), and something different to players however well they may have enjoyed a spell at our club and have fond memories, they are just passing through and it is just a passage from their life and career as a whole.

As much as we may want it mean more to a former player, we are undoubtably looking back on their time with us, particularly if they were part of something as big as our best ever era, our glasses will be much heavier rose tinted than theirs?

Unless he has split up from his wife who is from Reading and the mere mention of the place might now bring him out in a rage, if so!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2020 12:45

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Who's got more goals in the FA Cup?

Who's too good to have played a minute in our FA Cup side to have managed to score? Hint, they top scored last season and have 4 more goals than your chum's 0 in the League. :wink:

Yet contributed the exact same level of points

Hint, it's less than one :wink:

LOL @ Measuring individual performance on team points... a striker who scores a hat-trick is shit if his defenders let in 5 right? :wink:

269 posts