BFTG blackpool

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG blackpool

by stealthpapes » 14 Jan 2020 23:33

Well, in a £15 B&B.

The Game

Rather comfortable. Minor issues in that both strikers tended to drop back, and it took until the second half for any sustained pressure to build. First goal came from their keepers first error, and the second was well-deserved. Boye hit post/bar at least two times and an early second half cross banged off the post. MacCleary very much the elder statesman. No one stood out as particularly poor.

Free pies in second half!

Blackpool

CHRIST. I planned four pubs on way to ground.

Imbibe Taproom. Closed.

1887 Brew Room. Decent pale ale. Thought I was in a rush.

Alberts Ale Micropub. Closed.

Edward (king or prince?). Two ales, potentially, but yeah, not on. Pipes needed a clean but felt prudent not to mention it.

Pie at the ground - actual steak chunks.

Walked back along the seafront, bracing. Couple in The Galleon, acoustic night. Lord, why have you forsaken me.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG blackpool

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Jan 2020 23:42

Have you pissed in your sink yet? It's all anyone really wants to know.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 08:34

I know not a huge ammount of people went but seriously? Nobody has any scores or notes?

I really want to know how McIntyre, Richards, Olise and Loader got on.

Did McIntyre look fit?

Did Richards learn from the last game and deal with the physical threat better?

Was Olise as silky and mature as he looked in the last game?

Did Loader play well? Look like scoring?

Cmon. Someone must have gone.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Jan 2020 09:21

NewCorkSeth I know not a huge ammount of people went but seriously? Nobody has any scores or notes?

Did McIntyre look fit?

I guess if you wanted to know that badly, perhaps YOU should have gone... :idea:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 09:23

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth I know not a huge ammount of people went but seriously? Nobody has any scores or notes?

Did McIntyre look fit?

I guess if you wanted to know that badly, perhaps YOU should have gone... :idea:

I live in Paris and work full time...

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Jan 2020 09:23

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

Did McIntyre look fit?

:|

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 09:28

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Jan 2020 09:38

Did McIntyre look fit?

Both centrebacks looked assured and dealt with the physical threat of Blackpool well. Having only seen the goals from Sat, I feared Burley could have been monstered again but I think they swapped duties when needed.
Richards did well second half - had the running of their left mid and left back and worked well with obita.
Loader and Boye didn't quite work as a partnership, often both too deep and both playing for the flick. Boye could have got at least two more - one off the bar, one saved onto post - and had an acrobatic effort well blocked.

The link platypus posted (https://mclfoot.blogspot.com/2020/01/de ... ading.html) captures the match ambience perfectly.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Jan 2020 09:39

Jagermesiter1871 Have you pissed in your sink yet? It's all anyone really wants to know.

For £15 I assumed it came pre-pissed.

The 4 am tramp fight outside was a perfect alarm call.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 09:41

stealthpapes

Did McIntyre look fit?

Both centrebacks looked assured and dealt with the physical threat of Blackpool well. Having only seen the goals from Sat, I feared Burley could have been monstered again but I think they swapped duties when needed.
Richards did well second half - had the running of their left mid and left back and worked well with obita.
Loader and Boye didn't quite work as a partnership, often both too deep and both playing for the flick. Boye could have got at least two more - one off the bar, one saved onto post - and had an acrobatic effort well blocked.

The link platypus posted (https://mclfoot.blogspot.com/2020/01/de ... ading.html) captures the match ambience perfectly.

Thank you x

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 09:50

Did McIntyre look fit?

McIntyre is a good looking lad tbf. Don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 09:52

stealthpapes

Did McIntyre look fit?

Who do you think the writer of that article was referring to with:

They have a right winger with pace to burn, he gets away from Husband to collective insightful muttering of 'oxf*rd hell, he's a bit fast'

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Jan 2020 10:10

Teddy Howe.

Outside chance it was McCleary I guess.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 10:23

SCIAG Teddy Howe.

Outside chance it was McCleary I guess.

Yeah, I thought it might be Howe. I did consider GMc but then realised it would've had to be a few years ago to be considered oxf*rd quick :wink:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Jan 2020 10:26

My abiding thought coming out afterwards was if we were to return to the 3rd division any time soon, and the big money so called established Championship level players we had deserted like rats from a sinking ship and we had to play a load of our kids I don5 think we’d be in too much danger of sinking like a stone.

All the youngsters acquitted themselves really well, with special mentions to Tom McIntyre who looked really comfortable against two experienced and physically strong forwards, as did Andre Burley. Sam Walker didn’t put a foot wrong all night and looked very solid. Teddy Howe, also played well. Olise had his moments and played well up against an experienced Champ/Div 1 midfielder in Jay Spearing, ably coaxed by the calming presence of GMac along side.

I tend to (probably wrongly given his age and relative lack o& experience) see Omar Richards as already an established first team squad member so expect a certain level from him, but he played really well too.

Danny Loader, I am sure there is a very good player in there and I can see the potential, and maybe I don’t see enough of him, but am I missing something as I don’t get the wonder kid premier league type hype around him. Maybe I am expecting him to run before he can walk, he is going to be a very good player I am sure but I don’t quite understand the level of hype generated around him and think he would be best signing a 2 year contract with us with appropriate get out clauses if the big boys come sniffing and he wants to go, get his head down, and try and break in to our first team on a regular basis.

Special mention to Blackpool as a club, lovely super friendly fans and staff, good luck for the rest of the season and hope you can make the play offs (and beat Oxford in the process). It sounds as though they had an off day against us last night, I hope so for their sake!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2020 11:23

For a second 11 we were tactically well set up, professional and disciplined. Noticable that Olise started and spent most of the game on the right wing. With McCleary sitting more central and deeper. Andy Rinomhota had his best performance for a while. Tom McIntyre was calm and composed under pressure. Obita and Richards constantly switched roles. While Teddy Howe made some good runs, particularly in the first half.

Another academy debut last night. Jeriel Dorsett (aged 17) came on in the 87th minute. Interesting to see O'Shea have his arm round him and chatting immediately after the game.

Chatting to a steward at half time. He was highly complimentary about Readings pass and movement. Said that we had shut Jay Spearing out of the game. With him being ineffective, Blackpool didn't have a plan B.

After the warm up. As the players were leaving the field. Charlie Adam went over to a fair number to sign autographs etc. On 90 minutes Charlie made a cameo and received a warm welcome from the home fans.

Overall a good experience for the younger players. Suggests that the club as a whole are moving in the right direction.

Finally got to bed at 3.45. If we get Carlisle in the next round, hopefully the game won't go to a replay! The Cardiff fans have got to contend with a major stretch of the M6 being closed tonight. On top of the normal night motorway maintenance that's undertaken with miles speed restrictions.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2020 11:27

Lower West For a second 11 we were tactically well set up, professional and disciplined. Noticable that Olise started and spent most of the game on the right wing. With McCleary sitting more central and deeper. Andy Rinomhota had his best performance for a while. Tom McIntyre was calm and composed under pressure. Obita and Richards constantly switched roles. While Teddy Howe made some good runs, particularly in the first half.

Another academy debut last night. Jeriel Dorsett (aged 17) came on in the 87th minute. Interesting to see O'Shea have his arm round him and chatting immediately after the game.

Chatting to a steward at half time. He was highly complimentary about Readings pass and movement. Said that we had shut Jay Spearing out of the game. With him being ineffective, Blackpool didn't have a plan B.

After the warm up. As the players were leaving the field. Charlie Adam went over to a fair number to sign autographs etc. On 90 minutes Charlie made a cameo and received a warm welcome from the home fans.

Overall a good experience for the younger players. Suggests that the club as a whole are moving in the right direction.

Finally got to bed at 3.45. If we get Carlisle in the next round, hopefully the game won't go to a replay! The Cardiff fans have got to contend with a major stretch of the M6 being closed tonight. On top of the normal night motorway maintenance that's undertaken with miles speed restrictions.

Saw on Twitter last night that he is the first Reading player to make his debut, having been born after Cureton's goal at Brentford :shock: must make a lot of people (myself included) feel quite old.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jan 2020 11:57

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

Did McIntyre look fit?

Feeble Excuse. Call yourself a fan?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 12:09

Snowball
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

I know. I'll get better. The transport strikes here will end soon and I should absolutely pay a few hundred quid to get over to a game in Blackpool on a work night. No better use of 2 days annual leave. I certainly wont make the mistake of asking how Reading did when I have the disposable income to travel between countries with just a few weeks notice.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jan 2020 12:11

NewCorkSeth
Snowball
NewCorkSeth I live in Paris and work full time...

I know. I'll get better. The transport strikes here will end soon and I should absolutely pay a few hundred quid to get over to a game in Blackpool on a work night. No better use of 2 days annual leave. I certainly wont make the mistake of asking how Reading did when I have the disposable income to travel between countries with just a few weeks notice.

Good Lad

Alway, soon 5 Euros will be worth £23,978.