MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored double header part 2

378 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored double header part 2

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 12:38

Zammo Just like to give a *slow hand-clap* to all those Reading fans on Twitter last night when we went 2 down. Belmonts of the highest order. Don't know why I still get wound up by it. :arrow: LOLord CKS :roll:

Supporters are entitled to be frustrated aren't they? Not all of our supporters are well mannered, patient and saintly like you.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 05 Feb 2020 12:39

Berxwedan Zinar
Blue Label Neil Harris = no class

"We have been the better team in all three games with Reading and haven't won any of them."

Neil Harris does have some justification for being unbalanced though.

:lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Feb 2020 12:46

:lol:

Wasted here Berx

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 05 Feb 2020 12:51

Old Man Andrews
Zammo Just like to give a *slow hand-clap* to all those Reading fans on Twitter last night when we went 2 down. Belmonts of the highest order. Don't know why I still get wound up by it. :arrow: LOLord CKS :roll:

Supporters are entitled to be frustrated aren't they? Not all of our supporters are well mannered, patient and saintly like you.

Thanks for the compliment. You don't wanna see me when i do lose it. Grrr*.

*that was it

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2020 13:06

AthleticoSpizz :lol:

Wasted here Berx

He’s talking bollox anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Feb 2020 13:21

2 world wars, 1 world cup What was Aluko like?

Shit.

Sorry it's a reflex action.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Feb 2020 14:50

URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup
URZZZZ
Isn’t it a coincidence Aluko is playing better in his best position eh? Didn’t you call me clueless or something along those lines for daring to suggest he was a flop because he was in the wrong position?

Out of interest, what do you reckon is his best position?

I'm not arguing just genuinely interested. IIRC he was used as a right winger and was lazy and awful.

Was he used up front against Cardiff?

I'll accept any answer except "just behind the striker" because that to me is another way of saying someone is not particularly good anywhere, hear it far too often! :wink:

That was going to be my answer :oops:

But in more simplistic terms, it’s easier to say in the centre rather than on the flanks. So by that, I’d say a CAM

He was roughly used as a striker up top with Meite yesterday but he certainly dropped deeper out the two so maybe more of a CF

Oh right hehe sorry! :)

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. It's probably irrational but just a pet hate of mine. When people comment on a player who is clealry not good enough anywhere really they always say "he'd be good sitting just behind the striker". To me it means they're not good enough to be a winger, not good enough to be anywhere in defence, not good enough to be called a striker, and not good enough to get stuck in in any sort of midfield role. But they do have some ability, which would be useful if they could do bugger all but just sit there behind the striker and pick up scraps and either have a shot or pass onto a striker. A nothing role as far as I'm concerned.

Do you reckon he would do well as a deep lying forward? Or an attacking central midfielder?

Against tired legs of a second rate team maybe?

I don't want to sound negative, I'm just wondering. I reckon the lad must have something about him if we spent so much on him. Where did Fulham play him? He was rubbish when I saw him play against us.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 05 Feb 2020 15:05

Just seen the highlights,looked like some “under fire” players, played really well.

Bowen has a nice selection problem for Saturday.

When Dim mentioned 9.30 pm being the last train out of Cardiff to Reading.I checked the train timetables.The next train after the game finished,went via Bristol.Change train there for Reading,and expect a journey of over five hours !

Did anybody take up Dim and Mick’s offer of a lift in their cars ?

How long did people take to get home,having stayed to the end ?

Hats off to any supporter who did.

From memory (park and ride for a rugby game),it’s a ten minute bus journey to Cardiff station or a thirty minute walk.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 15:06

Westwood52 Just seen the highlights,looked like some “under fire” players, played really well.

When Dim mentioned 9.30 pm being the last train out of Cardiff to Reading.I checked the train timetables.The next train after the game finished,went via Bristol.Change train there for Reading,and expect a journey of over five hours !

From memory (park and ride for a rugby game),it’s a ten minute bus journey to Cardiff station or a thirty minute walk.

Do you write shopping lists in normal sentence form out of interest?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 05 Feb 2020 15:07

Hound
Old Man Andrews The hype around the "Wayne Rooney Derby" is already annoying me and it hasn't even started yet.....

its going to be absolutely torturous. I'd rather do almost anything that sit and watch that game

Watching Man Utd,post Fergie is absolute torture.Jones,Lindelof and Lingard are hopeless.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 05 Feb 2020 15:08

Old Man Andrews
Westwood52 Just seen the highlights,looked like some “under fire” players, played really well.

Have hired help to do my shopping.

Danny Nedelko

by Danny Nedelko » 05 Feb 2020 15:26

Berxwedan Zinar Neil Harris does have some justification for being unbalanced though.

:lol: nearly too subtle

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Feb 2020 15:57

Westwood52
Old Man Andrews

And he doesn’t pay me enough

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 16:56

URZZZZ
Out of interest, what do you reckon is his best position?

I'm not arguing just genuinely interested. IIRC he was used as a right winger and was lazy and awful.

Was he used up front against Cardiff?

I'll accept any answer except "just behind the striker" because that to me is another way of saying someone is not particularly good anywhere, hear it far too often! :wink:

That was going to be my answer :oops:

But in more simplistic terms, it’s easier to say in the centre rather than on the flanks. So by that, I’d say a CAM

He was roughly used as a striker up top with Meite yesterday but he certainly dropped deeper out the two so maybe more of a CF

Oh right hehe sorry! :)

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. It's probably irrational but just a pet hate of mine. When people comment on a player who is clealry not good enough anywhere really they always say "he'd be good sitting just behind the striker". To me it means they're not good enough to be a winger, not good enough to be anywhere in defence, not good enough to be called a striker, and not good enough to get stuck in in any sort of midfield role. But they do have some ability, which would be useful if they could do bugger all but just sit there behind the striker and pick up scraps and either have a shot or pass onto a striker. A nothing role as far as I'm concerned.

Do you reckon he would do well as a deep lying forward? Or an attacking central midfielder?

Against tired legs of a second rate team maybe?

I don't want to sound negative, I'm just wondering. I reckon the lad must have something about him if we spent so much on him. Where did Fulham play him? He was rubbish when I saw him play against us.

I see what you mean a bit :lol:

I think he could do OK as an attacking midfielder but at the same time, we could still do better. His shooting is often poor, epitomised by his dreadful FK yesterday and he often scuffs simple chances (including the sitter he missed for Fulham against us back in the PO's!). If you include the fact he's probably on high wages, I'm not sure he's a long term player for us

But...he can do a job for us this season and is certainly better than what most of the critics (the usual suspects) say

For Fulham, he played as a RAM (just to confuse you with more positions :wink: )

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2020 18:07

Well he’s certainly not long term, contract is up end of next year which should make him easier to move on this summer (less contract to compensate/pay up)

But he’s here for this season now. Get his head right and he has some qualities we can use, so may as well use him - also make him more attractive to potential buyers in the summer

I can see him doing a reasonable
Job linking the midfield and CF, which is an area we’ve struggled since Joao got injured

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 05 Feb 2020 18:14

Last edited by Bigtimmeh on 05 Feb 2020 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 05 Feb 2020 18:44

Snowball
Westwood52
Old Man Andrews

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 05 Feb 2020 18:45

Westwood52
Snowball
Westwood52

Probably wouldn’t get as much grief if it was he.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Feb 2020 18:51

The rugby stadium is just around the corner from the station. i was there last year.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Feb 2020 20:15

windermereROYAL

The rugby stadium is just around the corner from the station. i was there last year.

And next door to the Principality Stadium(Millennium stadium)

378 posts