MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (a) sponsored by Lloyd Owusu

131 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (a) sponsored by Lloyd Owusu

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Feb 2020 01:49

Have you noticed that we've been lumped with 2 of the highest ticket prices right next to each other.

The poor oxf*rd paying £72 for tickets and having to go up to Yorkshire, even if it's on the free coaches.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 14 Feb 2020 05:58

tidus_mi2 Have you noticed that we've been lumped with 2 of the highest ticket prices right next to each other.

The poor oxf*rd paying £72 for tickets and having to go up to Yorkshire, even if it's on the free coaches.

Luckily people have a choice about whether they want to voluntarily pay to go watch football or not.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2020 08:26

URZZZZ
SCIAG
URZZZZ Rafael

Yiadom
Morrison
Moore
Blackett

Rino
Swift

McCleary
Aluko
Richards

Meite

Walker Obita Adam Pele Timbe Puscas Baldock

Best we've played in ages with that front six. Let's give it another go, eh?

In the BFTG thread you were moaning that a bench containing Richards had no wingers, and now you’re playing Richards as a winger? Make up your mind.

For me:

Rafael; Yiadom, Morrison, Moore, Obita; Swift, Pele, Adam; Meite, Puscas, Baldock

Subs: Walker, Blackett, Araruna, Rinomhota, Ejaria, Olise, Loader/McCleary

Richards isn't a natural winger though. IIRC the only two "natural" wingers we have in the squad is McCleary and Timbe and I hope that's a position we really look to improve on in the summer, because unfortunately Gomes wasn't particularly interested in using wingers

I think Richards can do a job there though, still indecisive on his best position. When you consider the impact he had there against Cardiff, and when you consider Ejaria is in poor form, and Timbe isn't fit enough to start yet, it could be a solution

Obita is a winger.

Richards has many attributes of a winger. Attacking fullbacks are basically slightly less good wingers with more defensive qualities these days. See also Yiadom.

Olise has many of the right attributes as well. Conversely, Swift and Ejaria don't because they're slow tempo players who aren't about getting beyond someone.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Feb 2020 08:42

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
SCIAG In the BFTG thread you were moaning that a bench containing Richards had no wingers, and now you’re playing Richards as a winger? Make up your mind.

For me:

Rafael; Yiadom, Morrison, Moore, Obita; Swift, Pele, Adam; Meite, Puscas, Baldock

Richards isn't a natural winger though. IIRC the only two "natural" wingers we have in the squad is McCleary and Timbe and I hope that's a position we really look to improve on in the summer, because unfortunately Gomes wasn't particularly interested in using wingers

I think Richards can do a job there though, still indecisive on his best position. When you consider the impact he had there against Cardiff, and when you consider Ejaria is in poor form, and Timbe isn't fit enough to start yet, it could be a solution

Obita is a winger.

No he isn't.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Feb 2020 08:42

URZZZZ
SCIAG
URZZZZ Rafael

Yiadom
Morrison
Moore
Blackett

Rino
Swift

McCleary
Aluko
Richards

Meite

Walker Obita Adam Pele Timbe Puscas Baldock

Best we've played in ages with that front six. Let's give it another go, eh?

In the BFTG thread you were moaning that a bench containing Richards had no wingers, and now you’re playing Richards as a winger? Make up your mind.

For me:

Hang on, haven’t you also been complaining that Meite isn’t a striker? By default he’s the best winger at the club.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Feb 2020 08:54

SCIAG
URZZZZ
SCIAG In the BFTG thread you were moaning that a bench containing Richards had no wingers, and now you’re playing Richards as a winger? Make up your mind.

For me:

Hang on, haven’t you also been complaining that Meite isn’t a striker? By default he’s the best winger at the club.

But he’s still not a “natural there”. When I’m talking about natural wingers, I’m talking about Kebe and McAnuff, Little and Convey, that sort

For sure, we have plenty of players that can “do a job” there. Olise, Obita etc. But they’re still not a natural. I like wingers who can take a man on and get a cross into the box and the above aforementioned don’t really do that (Obita at a push but he’s not great at beating a man)

In terms of Meite, he could play there within the context of the style we were playing because the emphasis wasn’t particularly on wing play and crossing the ball into the box. But now the current tactic has gone stale, I’d like to see us evolve to a more traditional 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with traditional wing play and that really only includes McCleary and from what I can tell Timbe. But there’s doubts over Timbe’s fitness still which is why I put Richards there, basically just as a stop gap for now

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Feb 2020 13:14

Not looking forward to storm Dennis. Hope our stand is at the right end for shelter from wind.

Edit: I see the away tickets are in the west stand, so assuming the storm comes from west to east we should be sheltered.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 14 Feb 2020 17:50

Rafael

Yiadom
Moore
Morrison
Richards

Pele
Adam
Swift (or Rino)

Meite
Puscas
Ejaria

biff

by biff » 15 Feb 2020 11:30

Seen people watching our matches on the sky app, is that still only for midweek red button affairs?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2020 11:46

biff Seen people watching our matches on the sky app, is that still only for midweek red button affairs?

Yes.

Weather.

Very heavy rain forecast all day long in Sheffield so the game may well become a bit of a farce as it progresses. Luckily it’s not at Forest so there’s a decent chance it’ll make it, but be prepared for postponement/abandonment.

Just the one league game “gone under” at the moment (Rochdale v Tranmere)

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 15 Feb 2020 13:33

Has Olise been injured? He put in a brilliant showing at Forest, when Bowen said he could now trust him, but played the next game & hasn’t been in the squad since. Hoping it’s been an injury cause otherwise it’s poor management

I’d play 4-2-3-1 with him & Meite as inside forwards close to Baldock.
Pele & Rino deeper than probably Ejaria for this one

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Feb 2020 13:49

Pele out of today’s game

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Feb 2020 13:53

URZZZZ Pele out of today’s game

A bit more info:

midfielder Pele is set to miss next week's trip to high flying Leeds United in the Championship.

The Monaco loanee is out of today's (Saturday) trip to Sheffield Wednesday and joins an ever-increasing injury list at Royals.

BerkshireLive can reveal the 28-year-old has picked up injuries to his groin and Achilles over the past week and faces at least a week on the sidelines.

Key players such as Lucas Joao (hamstring), Matt Miazga (ankle) and Chris Gunter (groin) are all some way from returning while Tom McIntyre, Jordan Obita and Lucas Boye are also all sidelined.

Winger Garath McCleary is ill which puts the absentee list at eight going into the clash with the Owls at Hillsborough.

From https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-17754496
Last edited by morganb on 15 Feb 2020 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2020 13:55

oxf*rd.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Feb 2020 14:00

NewCorkSeth

oxf*rd.

Obita and McCleary also out today

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2020 14:01

NewCorkSeth

oxf*rd.

If only we had a ready made replacement who just came off the bench in the last game to impress.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2020 14:01

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2020 14:09

Notts Royal Has Olise been injured? He put in a brilliant showing at Forest, when Bowen said he could now trust him, but played the next game & hasn’t been in the squad since. Hoping it’s been an injury cause otherwise it’s poor management

I’d play 4-2-3-1 with him & Meite as inside forwards close to Baldock.
Pele & Rino deeper than probably Ejaria for this one

Into the first XI for Olise.

Looks like he or Ejaria likely to be wide left with Puscas on his own

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2020 14:11

And for completists the Sheff Wed team is

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2020 14:15