Bowen Out.

320 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Bowen Out.

by leon » 26 Feb 2020 23:23

sandman
John Madejski's Wallet What did Ady say?

"If I'm Boye, Loader etc od be knocking on your door asking why you put an injured player on the bench instead of me".

Yeah the reply was "yes but I didnt want to injure him further" - so why fcuking have him on the bench you twat??!!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Feb 2020 23:24

Christ

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 23:26

leon
sandman

"If I'm Boye, Loader etc od be knocking on your door asking why you put an injured player on the bench instead of me".

Yeah the reply was "yes but I didnt want to injure him further" - so why fcuking have him on the bench you twat??!!

I guess the thought process was that he'd be thrown on with 5 to go if he were 1 goal behind, chasing the game etc...

At 2 down, we had no hope, no chance of getting back into the game, and thus no point of aggravating an injury. Had Baldock scored his chance with 5 to go, we may well have seen him on the pitch

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Feb 2020 23:27

Liked Bowen but he's lost me after that. Yet another chancer in the long line of them we've had since 2012.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 26 Feb 2020 23:57

Snowflake Royal
Hound Been piss poor performances esp at home from the last 4 managers

I’m sick of firing them just to find the same abject rubbish served up.

+1
Plenty of time to turn it around. And if we finish where we left off I 17th - 21st we can always sack him and start fresh and the end of the season.

He's done better than Clement, Gomes, McDermott, or Clarke coming in and we all k ow how Stam ended. The squad remains a mess.

Is that the same Clarke who took us to a FA Cup semi-final and up to 2nd in the league at one point ?

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 27 Feb 2020 00:01

Can't get rid of him now it would be too disruptive, and I think he's still the best man to get them playing to their ability again . See where we end up and then reassess in the summer (having given out the contract extension in Jan..). I think if we are heading for relegation getting a new manager isn't going to stop that and could do more harm

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Feb 2020 00:07

Well I guess one thing has been achieved tonight. The team board are universally on the same page!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Feb 2020 07:12

Steve_Upper_West
Snowflake Royal
Hound Been piss poor performances esp at home from the last 4 managers

I’m sick of firing them just to find the same abject rubbish served up.

+1
Plenty of time to turn it around. And if we finish where we left off I 17th - 21st we can always sack him and start fresh and the end of the season.

He's done better than Clement, Gomes, McDermott, or Clarke coming in and we all k ow how Stam ended. The squad remains a mess.

Is that the same Clarke who took us to a FA Cup semi-final and up to 2nd in the league at one point ?

It's the same Clarke who didn't improve us on arrival, had a good run because Blackman played out of his skin for a month, then saw us fall apart and nosedive because he had zero commitment and wasn't actually any good.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Feb 2020 07:18

Nothing would be achieved by sacking Bowen at this point in time and it won’t happen

Was only two games ago there was a thread praising his ppg etc

However every single person bar Olise who was involved in that Wigan game need to have a serious think about what happened there. It was a horrendous performance from MB from the starting line up to only using 2 subs and the bench itself

There must be a big reaction on Saturday

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 27 Feb 2020 08:03

sandman

"If I'm Boye, Loader etc I'd be knocking on your door asking why you put an injured player on the bench instead of me".

But they’re pretty stupid examples to use aren’t they...Loader wants to leave, McCleary will be leaving at the end of the season, as will Boye

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Feb 2020 08:05

Notts Royal
sandman

"If I'm Boye, Loader etc I'd be knocking on your door asking why you put an injured player on the bench instead of me".

But they’re pretty stupid examples to use aren’t they...Loader wants to leave, McCleary will be leaving at the end of the season, as will Boye

Irrelevant. The point was fit players are ready and available and Bowen has ignored them, doesn't matter who they are.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2020 08:31

Old Man Andrews
Notts Royal
sandman

Irrelevant. The point was fit players are ready and available and Bowen has ignored them, doesn't matter who they are.

And it was only in a very specific case that Bowen struggled to articulate, that he’d be brought on. So basically it was a waste of a place on the bench. Madness.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2020 08:34

Is Boye fit? I thought he was injured.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2020 08:37

Zip Is Boye fit? I thought he was injured.

In that case why wasn’t he on the bench?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2020 08:39

Bowen’s record in League and Cup. Played 28. Won 11, Drawn 9, Lost 8. Considering how crap we have been for so long I cannot believe the negativity towards him. He got it very badly wrong last night but he is learning on the job. It’s not ideal but so far he has done pretty well.

Let’s cut him some slack.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2020 08:40

leon

Eh? He’s not fit.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Feb 2020 08:42

Zip Bowen’s record in League and Cup. Played 28. Won 11, Drawn 9, Lost 8. Considering how crap we have been for so long I cannot believe the negativity towards him. He got it very badly wrong last night but he is learning on the job. It’s not ideal but so far he has done pretty well.

Let’s cut him some slack.

Not according to himself last night. He made all the decisions for Mark Hughes apparently.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2020 08:43

Zip
leon

Eh? He’s not fit.

I don’t want to Whoosh you Zip but really.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2020 08:43

leon
Zip
leon

Eh? He’s not fit.

:oops: Well quite :evil:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Feb 2020 08:45

Zip
leon
Zip
Eh? He’s not fit.

:oops: Well quite :evil:

:lol:

320 posts