MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (a) sponsored by Simon Church

256 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (a) sponsored by Simon Church

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Feb 2020 13:12

And whom may I ask wields this mighty Ben Hamer? Is it Plat? Because I dont trust him with that sort of power.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 13:14

NewCorkSeth And whom may I ask wields this mighty Ben Hamer? Is it Plat? Because I dont trust him with that sort of power.

I think so. He is normally very fair to be honest, for some reason he has sided with Ian and Genome on this ocassion without seeing things from my perspective.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Feb 2020 13:22

I think it’s got to be the same XI as last weekend, I’d probably have Pele ahead of Olise for this game if he’s fit but doesn’t look like it

Will be a tricky game but as the stats a couple of pages before (before OMA’s drivel) show, Leeds’ recent form isn’t great so it’s an opportunity for us to perhaps get something

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Feb 2020 13:27

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth And whom may I ask wields this mighty Ben Hamer? Is it Plat? Because I dont trust him with that sort of power.

I think so. He is normally very fair to be honest, for some reason he has sided with Ian and Genome on this ocassion without seeing things from my perspective.

I could sense the glee he had when threatening DD with a ban many moons ago. He was clearly as erect as a tent when wielding said hammer. The legend states that his hammer is the hardest thing known to man. And I'm not talking about the one the bans people.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 13:27

URZZZZ I think it’s got to be the same XI as last weekend, I’d probably have Pele ahead of Olise for this game if he’s fit but doesn’t look like it

Will be a tricky game but as the stats a couple of pages before (before OMA’s drivel) show, Leeds’ recent form isn’t great so it’s an opportunity for us to perhaps get something

If you watched the Brentford and Bristol City games you would know that we won't be getting anything at Leeds.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Feb 2020 13:28

URZZZZ I think it’s got to be the same XI as last weekend, I’d probably have Pele ahead of Olise for this game if he’s fit but doesn’t look like it

I'm on board with all of that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2020 13:32

Old Man Andrews

If you watched the Brentford and Bristol City games you would know that we won't be getting anything at Leeds.

How about the Forest or Wigan games where they didn't pick up any points and certainly looked very average against Forest?

But, I guess you know what's best, better ring the club and tell Bowen not to bother.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 13:39

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

How about the Forest or Wigan games where they didn't pick up any points and certainly looked very average against Forest?

But, I guess you know what's best, better ring the club and tell Bowen not to bother.

We would be best served investing everything into the cup match with Sheffield United. We have nothing to play for in the league.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2020 13:48

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews If you watched the Brentford and Bristol City games you would know that we won't be getting anything at Leeds.

We would be best served investing everything into the cup match with Sheffield United. We have nothing to play for in the league.

That game is 3 fixtures away, shall we sack off the Wigan and Barnsley games as well, as we have nothing to play for in the league?

Then what if we beat Sheffield United, do we sack the league fixtures off between then and 21st March, because we have nothing to play for in the league?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 13:50

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

That game is 3 fixtures away, shall we sack off the Wigan and Barnsley games as well, as we have nothing to play for in the league?

Then what if we beat Sheffield United, do we sack the league fixtures off between then and 21st March, because we have nothing to play for in the league?

We should be very careful with our team selection yes. If anyone is carrying a knock or tired they should be rested as long as we remain in the cup.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2020 13:53

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews We would be best served investing everything into the cup match with Sheffield United. We have nothing to play for in the league.

We should be very careful with our team selection yes. If anyone is carrying a knock or tired they should be rested as long as we remain in the cup.

Maybe the players shouldn't train either? Don't want to risk them getting injured, as that seems to be where most of our injuries occur.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 13:54

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Maybe the players shouldn't train either? Don't want to risk them getting injured, as that seems to be where most of our injuries occur.

Are you implying that clubs don't rest players before important games?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Feb 2020 13:55

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

We have struggled against Leeds since Bielsa joined them, we haven’t scored against them with him in charge yet

Obviously I’m not agreeing with OMA’s attention seeking nonsense though

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2020 13:59

URZZZZ
Hendo
Old Man Andrews If you watched the Brentford and Bristol City games you would know that we won't be getting anything at Leeds.

We have struggled against Leeds since Bielsa joined them, we haven’t scored against them with him in charge yet

Obviously I’m not agreeing with OMA’s attention seeking nonsense though

Tbf, if it wasn't for a McNulty missed penalty, that wouldn't be true :lol:

The home game against them last season was dreadful, admittedly, but the game at their place last season was pretty close, and we would've had a point had it not been for the penalty miss.

The game at home this season was pretty close as well and it was only a deflected cross which led to the goal.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2020 14:03

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews We should be very careful with our team selection yes. If anyone is carrying a knock or tired they should be rested as long as we remain in the cup.

No, not really.

I also enjoy your reasoning that we have no chance against a Leeds team, whose form has been patchy of late, yet we should totally focus on the Sheffield United game (possibly implying that we would have a chance in that if we played our strongest XI), a team which currently sit 6th in the Premier League who have only lost 3 times in their last 9 games, 2 of those being to Man City and the other to Liverpool.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 14:05

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

No, not really.

I also enjoy your reasoning that we have no chance against a Leeds team, whose form has been patchy of late, yet we should totally focus on the Sheffield United game (possibly implying that we would have a chance in that if we played our strongest XI), a team which currently sit 6th in the Premier League who have only lost 3 times in their last 9 games, 2 of those being to Man City and the other to Liverpool.

We have a chance against anyone at home in a one off cup game, the two fixtures are incomparable as you well know. Sheffield United will likely rest players giving us a much better chance of the win if we have our full strength side out.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2020 14:07

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Are you implying that clubs don't rest players before important games?

No, not really.

We have a chance against anyone at home in a one off cup game, the two fixtures are incomparable as you well know. Sheffield United will likely rest players giving us a much better chance of the win if we have our full strength side out.

Just like when they rested players against Millwall and comfortably won 2-0?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Feb 2020 14:09

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo
No, not really.

Just like when they rested players against Millwall and comfortably won 2-0?

Millwall also rested players.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Feb 2020 14:10

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews We would be best served investing everything into the cup match with Sheffield United. We have nothing to play for in the league.

Whilst I tend to fully agree that we have nothing to play for in the league - if we can go to Leeds and win (poss even draw) then that sets us up for 2 home games against 2 of the bottom 3, which is part of a run where 9 of our next 10 games are against clubs in the bottom half. If we can can pick up 7 points from the next 3 games it is likely that the gap to 6th will be single figures again and we could get momentum going. A top half finish will in itself be a good marker by which to go into next season.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Feb 2020 14:12

Lads. We have already played 40 games this season. No way should we look to rest players for a cup competition. The league is our focus. Winning games in the league, finishing as high as possible and playing our key players together where possible to further build on their teamwork and understanding so we go into next season truly settled is what our main focus should be.

256 posts