MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h) sponsored by the magic of the cup

265 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h) sponsored by the magic of the cup

by Hound » 03 Mar 2020 08:38

Hendo
URZZZZ
Zip Disappointing to see so many seats not taken up a day before the game. I would hope we would get 18,000 but think it will be more like 15,000.

Doesn't help it's midweek. I understand they had to accommodate the PL winter break in somewhere but traditionally the FA Cup should be played on a weekend (excluding replays). Competition is being further overlooked and diminished

Agree with this, had it been on a weekend, I would've 100% gone. I do like thee idea of big cup games being under floodlights as it seems adds something a bit extra.

Allowing the kids to go to this one despite it being a school night - I know quite a few others are doing the same, so hopefully it will be up towards 17-18k.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Mar 2020 08:42

Hound
Hendo
URZZZZ
Doesn't help it's midweek. I understand they had to accommodate the PL winter break in somewhere but traditionally the FA Cup should be played on a weekend (excluding replays). Competition is being further overlooked and diminished

Agree with this, had it been on a weekend, I would've 100% gone. I do like thee idea of big cup games being under floodlights as it seems adds something a bit extra.

Allowing the kids to go to this one despite it being a school night - I know quite a few others are doing the same, so hopefully it will be up towards 17-18k.

Yeah mine are going, my daughter never ever goes to games either. She was for some reason enthused by this one.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2020 08:56

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Hendo

Yeah mine are going, my daughter never ever goes to games either. She was for some reason enthused by this one.

because you've been banging on about how its the most impt game of the season?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Mar 2020 08:59

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

I am trying to steer her towards supporting a team on the up, maybe someone like Leeds perhaps.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Mar 2020 09:05

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews Yeah mine are going, my daughter never ever goes to games either. She was for some reason enthused by this one.

I am trying to steer her towards supporting a team on the up, maybe someone like Leeds perhaps.

Poor girl.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Mar 2020 09:05

About 17k sold to date apparently - be interesting to see if the confirmation that the game is being streamed on Facebook in the UK will affect the final numbers.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 03 Mar 2020 09:29

really?

thats me out

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2020 09:41

Maneki Neko really?

thats me out

Yep, going to be on The FA Facebook page, I think.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2020 12:09

Hound
Hendo
URZZZZ

Was considering going with jnr leon II but we wouldn’t get home before 11 and hes got school tomorrow...excuse excuse etc etc

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 03 Mar 2020 13:10

leon
Hound
Hendo

Was considering going with jnr leon II but we wouldn’t get home before 11 and hes got school tomorrow...excuse excuse etc etc

But it could just be one of those nights when he boasts at school tomorrow that he saw Reading knock out a Premier League club after extra time and penalties and didn't get to bed before 1-00 on a school night-his cred would surely rise so you would be doing him a favour.
On the other hand...…………………..

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2020 13:27

South Coast Royal
leon
Hound

But it could just be one of those nights when he boasts at school tomorrow that he saw Reading knock out a Premier League club after extra time and penalties and didn't get to bed before 1-00 on a school night-his cred would surely rise so you would be doing him a favour.

Maybe

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Mar 2020 13:31

Facebook feed is a godsend for those some distance away or with kids who can't go but everyone else should make the effort. I'm going straight from work (Leatherhead) and will drive home after (Farnham) so potentially a very late night but who cares. Football is far more important than work! :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2020 13:57

South Coast Royal
leon
Hound

This is exactly what happened to me when we beat West Ham in the League Cup :D

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 03 Mar 2020 14:36

Hendo
South Coast Royal
leon

Wasn't that the 9/11 night?
Dreadful game on a dreadful day.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2020 14:41

South Coast Royal
Hendo
South Coast Royal

Wasn't that the 9/11 night?
Dreadful game on a dreadful day.

It was on that day, I don't remember it being a bad game, but it was nearly 20 years ago.

Still beat a premiership team which featured Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe, Rigobert Song, John Moncur and Trevor Sinclair.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Mar 2020 15:07

Is Osho available for this one?

Don’t want to risk Miazga or Moore long-term for a dead rubber, but with McIntyre and Blackett out we don’t really have much choice.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Mar 2020 15:08

SCIAG Is Osho available for this one?

Don’t want to risk Miazga or Moore long-term for a dead rubber, but with McIntyre and Blackett out we don’t really have much choice.

Moron. We have every chance of winning the game if we play our strongest team.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Mar 2020 15:17

SCIAG Is Osho available for this one?

Is Blackett out for this one? Saw that he was ill on the weekend but he was still on the bench

wiggso

by wiggso » 03 Mar 2020 15:32

I have 3 free tickets if anyone wants them

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 03 Mar 2020 16:03

leon
South Coast Royal
leon

Maybe

Am in the same position. I've taken my boy to all the home FA cup games this season and they go and throw one in on a week night.

Head says no way. Heart and the point made above says go on then.
Should be interesting!

265 posts