BFTG Barnsley

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Barnsley

by Snowball » 01 Mar 2020 00:23

tidus_mi2
Snowball
tidus_mi2 The moment on 45+2 was our cock up, whoever it was, maybe Obita just ran straight forward and lost the ball with no covering defenders behind him so the Barnsley player got a free run at goal.

Thanks

Thought so. Thought cock-up at the time but couldn't remember who/what when posting here.

Did Barnsley open us up at all through good play (rather than an RFC blunder)?

There was a moment and I can't remember what the build up for it was but in the second half Rafael had to make a save that must have been on the line because for a moment people weren't sure if it had gone in or not.

Goal-mouth scramble, yes, but I can't remember the move that created it.

(EDIT) From a corner, so not really open play move
Last edited by Snowball on 01 Mar 2020 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Mar 2020 00:31

Just watched the Meite goal 783 times.

Unless I'm going bonkers, Morrison doesn't get near the ball.

The assist is No 47, PUSCAS

So, if I'm right that's a goal and an assist

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Mar 2020 00:46

Snowball Before two o'clock I was really worried about this game. I thought we'd lose, probably 0-2 or maybe 1-2 with a late consolation goal. Remember Barnsley had just won three on the trot.

But when the team was announced at 14:02 I felt better, although based on the 0-3 to Wigan I would have dropped Ejaria "for a rest" played Pele welded to the DM position and played Rhino as the box to box man. (So "wasn't sure" about Ejaria...)

I brought my grandson (a rugby fan) to his first soccer game. On the way he said he has never seen the team("his team") lose...

THE GAME

After ten minutes I told grandson, "They've already done twice as much as they did in the whole game v Wigan." For me they were like a totally new eleven.

Though we are always capable of letting in a stupid goal, the game just SMELLED like it would be a good RFC day out.

Some of the bloopers were ridiculous. You could see the lack of belief/confidence, but, saying that, there are times when you could imagine this eleven, this squad, this squad with two additions, going on a run and scoring goals for fun (probably next season, now). My few words review would be "Flashes of Brilliance With Bloopers"

I may be wrong but I can't remember Barnsley opening us up with THEIR football. Most of their chances (as I remember) seemed to come from horror moments from RFC players (Morrison, Obita for example). I've tried, but I can't for the life of me remember the play on 45+2 minutes when Rafael won the game for us with those two back-to-back saves. Was that a Barnsley move that cut us open, or another slip/cock-up/gift? But they were a pair of EXCELLENT saves. Had we conceded on the stork of half-time, it's very likely we'd have lost.

SWIFT.

For me, close to his best game for us, EVER. He RAN the game. He was mature, defended, got us out of tight scrapes, played what seemed like dozens of simple balls that were just right. I'm sure he made mistakes but for me he was our MoM by a country mile.

MEITE

I love him to bits, but (most of the time) he's just a lump. BUT he got a goal. No question it's his goal, and top strikers score of all their bits. As I said, he's not delicate Swift or stick to my boots Ejaria, but there was one passage where he dribbled brilliantly on the edge of our box to get us out of trouble. I'd play him regularly as a RW (tho' today he won more headers than he usually does)..

But I don't think EVER we will be able to call him an intelligent footballer.

PUSCAS

I really hope he stays with us. I think, when we learn how to play to his strengths he will EASILY get 20+ goals a season. For me, that was his best all-round game yet (better than Wigan away or Cardiff home). He threatened all game and the reason he only got a single goal was down to his team-mates, rather than him. His goal was excellent so oxf*rd Dellor ("Inadvertently turned the defender!" WTF?) and he looked dangerous all game, had one great cross that Meite should have done better with.

PS Did anyone notice Meite didn't acknowledge the cross. Are they not buddies? Didn't look like it....

EJARIA

Jeez I love this guy, warts and stumbles and all. He is a breath of fresh air. I LOVE his audacity, the weird things he does. He is a special talent, and if we carefully develop him he could be a 20 Million Pound player. Much better more central, occasionally brilliant at ball-winning, sometimes does the impossible. When he loses ball, people seem to forget that's because ehe often has 3 defenders closing him down.

RHINO

I like his energy but particularly like his recovery speed when he makes an error. When Ejaria and Swift play (not so quick or direct) I feel he needs to play (but then I think Pele in front of our back four is superb)... I dunno... but Rhino is one of the few who moves quickly, who inspires, who injects power into the side. As a side we lack oomph, the crude "Long" power, the pace of Kebe, the batter the centre-backs persistence of Noel Hunt. I think we are better with Rhino in.

MASikA

Woooooh! Yes please! Very impressed. Hard-working, speedy, tricky, more promising than early Kebe. It was interesting tom hear the crowd desperately wanting his to get the ball. This guy could be a gem.

MoM Swift (09)
Close for Puscas and Rafael

Good write up.

Writing about Masika you reminded me of a very weird passage of play involving him, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on it.

A Barnsley player acted like he was on the verge of certain death writhing around like he had just had his eyeballs ripped out. It seemed to me that play was going to stop but Masika got the ball and waltzed passed people like they weren’t there. In the confusion I wasn’t quite sure if everyone else stopped but he was oblivious or if everyone was trying and he was just brilliant. Would love to know if anyone remembers it?

Shame though because nothing came of the move as I reckon some of our players stopped playing. Miraculously the guy on his deathbed sprang up to a full recovery when the game seemed like it was continuing.... :roll:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Mar 2020 01:14

Snowball
Zip
Hound Ovie does seem to have developed an annoying habit of coming out of every 50/50 without the ball - one of the things at his best he does very well at

Tackling is definitely not his strength but he tracked back really well today.

Can't agree with that.

I think Ejaria is an exceptional ball-winner

Didn't go today but in general I think he's pretty decent at tackling

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 Mar 2020 03:35

Not getting carried away but after the shambles on Wednesday an improvement. We did our best to give them a goal with sloppy passing.
Fortunarly for us they were to crap to take advantage 23 shots and nearly all were miles off target. Won't get away with that against the blades.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2020 07:59

URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup Rafa 7 did nothin wrong. Great saves push him up to 7
Obita 5 sorry but I counted 3 dangerous cock ups from him. Our age long problem of not having a reliable LB since what, Shorey? Apart from the cockups though couldn’t fault him
Morrison 6 solid performance. One ridiculous cockup means I can’t give him a 7
Miazga 6 didn’t put s foot wrong
Yiadom 7 lots of effort. Did ok would be a 6. But a bonus point for his hilarious dive along the floor to head the ball off the feet of a Barnsley player. John terry would be proud. Absolutely brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:
Swift 6 did ok some good bits of play
Ejaria 6 my favourite Reading player for the last few years. Much much better where he was. Some great bits of skill as usual but I wish he’d be a bit more confident going forward.
Olise 6 tried well, not bad. Some things didn’t come off for him but defo a star in the making for us
Rino 6 did good can’t fault him
Meite 6 as usual his effort and passion and willingness to help defence mitigate
Puscas 7 you play this guy for his ability to turn and create something and finish in those sorts of situations. Job done. And to be fair his hold up play has clearly been worked on. He’s no Joao but he’s definitely improving game by game in that regard.

Mac - 6 did ok
Masika - am excreting player. Did so,e magic a couple of times with driving runs. Not sure if he was just lucky but the ball seemed to stay with him as he went past players and made stuff out of nothing
Gomes - didn’t notice much of him tbh

Bowen - got it spot on

Overall we played much better and I love that Bowen basically made the point to the rest of the no ones position is safe. No one can take their place for granted. Play shit and he’ll make changes.

Harte was a solid reliable Championship defender, if not a little slow

Obita used to be pretty reliable

Struggling past that

Bertrand

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Mar 2020 08:05

Andy Alleyne

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2020 08:07

sandman
Snowball
Zip

Can't agree with that.

Won the ball quite a few times on the edge of our box through good positioning. Particularly on one occasion in the second half where he covered for Obita.

Tackling is a last resort, not an admirable quality.

Just because it isn't a primary defensive quality doesn't make it not admirable, it's a very admirable quality because last resorts happen a lot.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Mar 2020 09:21

Snowers the Barnsley play leading to the two quick saves on the stroke of half time came about because Obita lost possession on or around the halfway line. Not sure what he was trying to do. He seemed to open up his body to shape how he was going to play the ball but in doing so the Barnsley player nipped in and won the ball.

On the Meite/Puscas thing they seem to be acknowledging each other more than previously. Puscas did well with the cross and it was a good effort by Meite.
Last edited by Zip on 01 Mar 2020 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Mar 2020 09:23

Snowball
Zip
Hound Ovie does seem to have developed an annoying habit of coming out of every 50/50 without the ball - one of the things at his best he does very well at

Can't agree with that.

There were a couple of times yesterday when his tackles were half hearted. He shielded the ball out of play inside our own penalty box well though.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Mar 2020 09:32

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup Rafa 7 did nothin wrong. Great saves push him up to 7
Obita 5 sorry but I counted 3 dangerous cock ups from him. Our age long problem of not having a reliable LB since what, Shorey? Apart from the cockups though couldn’t fault him
Morrison 6 solid performance. One ridiculous cockup means I can’t give him a 7
Miazga 6 didn’t put s foot wrong
Yiadom 7 lots of effort. Did ok would be a 6. But a bonus point for his hilarious dive along the floor to head the ball off the feet of a Barnsley player. John terry would be proud. Absolutely brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:
Swift 6 did ok some good bits of play
Ejaria 6 my favourite Reading player for the last few years. Much much better where he was. Some great bits of skill as usual but I wish he’d be a bit more confident going forward.
Olise 6 tried well, not bad. Some things didn’t come off for him but defo a star in the making for us
Rino 6 did good can’t fault him
Meite 6 as usual his effort and passion and willingness to help defence mitigate
Puscas 7 you play this guy for his ability to turn and create something and finish in those sorts of situations. Job done. And to be fair his hold up play has clearly been worked on. He’s no Joao but he’s definitely improving game by game in that regard.

Mac - 6 did ok
Masika - am excreting player. Did so,e magic a couple of times with driving runs. Not sure if he was just lucky but the ball seemed to stay with him as he went past players and made stuff out of nothing
Gomes - didn’t notice much of him tbh

Bowen - got it spot on

Overall we played much better and I love that Bowen basically made the point to the rest of the no ones position is safe. No one can take their place for granted. Play shit and he’ll make changes.

Harte was a solid reliable Championship defender, if not a little slow

Obita used to be pretty reliable

Struggling past that

Bertrand

Armstrong.

Utterly bizarre comment really, we've nearly always been well-stocked at left back except for about two matches where we had to play Marcus Williams. Armstrong, Bertrand, and Obita have all been in the top three of a POTS vote and Ian Harte was in the Championship team of the season. We have three reliable left backs at the moment for goodness' sake.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Mar 2020 09:45

Zip Snowers the Barnsley play leading to the two quick saves on the stroke of half time came about because Obita lost possession on or around the halfway line. Not sure what he was trying to do. He seemed to open up his body to shape how he was going to play the ball but in doing so the Barnsley player nipped in and won the ball.

I couldn't remember specifically, so yes, a huge BLOOPER rather than being outplayed.

My feeling throughout the game was that when we DIDN'T fall over, or "deliberately pass to the opposition" we were very comfortable.

I know that statement is kinda silly but it's like saying a centre-half is "basically solid" but always gives away one silly chance per game.

So Puscas's goal, for example (from a Barnsley POV) is "fair enough", good tenacity from Puscas, maybe a tiny bit of luck, but the CBs didn't do something DUMB, they were just beaten on that one moment (and Puscas was threatening that sort of chance for most of the game). So the Puscas goal was "proper play" not a Barnsley blunder.

The "Meite" goal was sort of half-way between played for and a total Barnsley cock-up. Swift's cross into the box was good, Puscas (a bit clumsily) got to the ball to knock it back in, Meite was there on the floor to be a wall to rebound off. So "not great" defending maybe, but not like a huge blunder, not 100% gift.

So FROM MEMORY I can't remember Barnsley through-their-own-play opening us up. I thought we were the better side (with Bloopers) but the bloopers threatened to ruin our game. It's not like they were getting loads of shots from five yards out.

(I may be mis-remembering)

Zip On the Meite/Puscas thing they seem to be acknowledging each other more than previously. Puscas did well with the cross and it was a good effort by Meite.

I've noticed, especially the defence, our players often congratulating each other on a good block, interception, clearance, whatever, but that was the first time I've noticed what looked like "the cold shoulder". I wonder if that's part of the problem up front. Yesterday was better but we still don't see PARTNERSHIPs like Long-Hunt where the whole is greater that the sum of the parts.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Mar 2020 09:51

My actual thoughts on the match - we played well, some really good moves, just need to make slightly better decisions in the final third. Use the overlap more, no shooting from 25 yards when you have a passing option, go to Puscas whenever possible.

Having Olise in makes a big difference, he's not a Championship standard player yet but he's lively enough that teams take him seriously and that gives more space for Ejaria and Swift. Seemed also to have a good understanding with Obita who was threatening going forward. Would quite like to see more of Araruna at right back as I think he's got the ability to open teams up even more.

I do have a slight concern about where the goals are coming from. The own goal was utterly comical but you can earn those. I want to see more from Puscas, his goal yesterday showed what he is capable of but we don't create enough chances for him. Olise, Ejaria and Rinomhota are not regular goal threats. Any of those would be fine in isolation but three of them leaves the team a little unbalanced. We're very reliant on Meite and Swift to support Puscas.

Very glad to see Miazga back, and Masika looked like he clearly has something - just hope it is a good something.

Onwards and upwards.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Mar 2020 09:56

Just took a look at WHOSCORED

I think the reviewer must have watched the game on the radio

Reading Average 7.34

8.5 Meite <<<<<<<<

8.0 Obita <<<<<<<<

7.8 Cabral
7.7 Swift
7.6 Yiadom
7.5 Rhino
7.5 Ejaria
7.3 Morrison
7.2 Miazga
7.2 Olise
7.2 Puscas

7.0 Masika
6.1 McCleary
6.1 Pele

Barnsley Average 6.34

(Keeper was 5.5)

I really cannot see why Meite could get a humungous 8.5, (surely in team of the day with that)
or be better than Swift who ran the game, IMO, or that much better than Puscas who was a constant danger

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Mar 2020 09:59

Snowball
Zip Snowers the Barnsley play leading to the two quick saves on the stroke of half time came about because Obita lost possession on or around the halfway line. Not sure what he was trying to do. He seemed to open up his body to shape how he was going to play the ball but in doing so the Barnsley player nipped in and won the ball.

I couldn't remember specifically, so yes, a huge BLOOPER rather than being outplayed.

My feeling throughout the game was that when we DIDN'T fall over, or "deliberately pass to the opposition" we were very comfortable.

I know that statement is kinda silly but it's like saying a centre-half is "basically solid" but always gives away one silly chance per game.

So Puscas's goal, for example (from a Barnsley POV) is "fair enough", good tenacity from Puscas, maybe a tiny bit of luck, but the CBs didn't do something DUMB, they were just beaten on that one moment (and Puscas was threatening that sort of chance for most of the game). So the Puscas goal was "proper play" not a Barnsley blunder.

The "Meite" goal was sort of half-way between played for and a total Barnsley cock-up. Swift's cross into the box was good, Puscas (a bit clumsily) got to the ball to knock it back in, Meite was there on the floor to be a wall to rebound off. So "not great" defending maybe, but not like a huge blunder, not 100% gift.

So FROM MEMORY I can't remember Barnsley through-their-own-play opening us up. I thought we were the better side (with Bloopers) but the bloopers threatened to ruin our game. It's not like they were getting loads of shots from five yards out.

(I may be mis-remembering)

Zip On the Meite/Puscas thing they seem to be acknowledging each other more than previously. Puscas did well with the cross and it was a good effort by Meite.

I've noticed, especially the defence, our players often congratulating each other on a good block, interception, clearance, whatever, but that was the first time I've noticed what looked like "the cold shoulder". I wonder if that's part of the problem up front. Yesterday was better but we still don't see PARTNERSHIPs like Long-Hunt where the whole is greater that the sum of the parts.

No doubt that Barnsley’s best chances came from our individual errors. A better team would have punished us.

Meite and Puscas had no communication early on in the season. It showed as they just didn’t link up with each other. It’s getting better and Meite was the first to congratulate Puscas on his goal. There may be some rivalry there but both are getting plenty of game time.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 01 Mar 2020 10:07

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Snowball Before two o'clock I was really worried about this game. I thought we'd lose, probably 0-2 or maybe 1-2 with a late consolation goal. Remember Barnsley had just won three on the trot.

But when the team was announced at 14:02 I felt better, although based on the 0-3 to Wigan I would have dropped Ejaria "for a rest" played Pele welded to the DM position and played Rhino as the box to box man. (So "wasn't sure" about Ejaria...)

I brought my grandson (a rugby fan) to his first soccer game. On the way he said he has never seen the team("his team") lose...

THE GAME

After ten minutes I told grandson, "They've already done twice as much as they did in the whole game v Wigan." For me they were like a totally new eleven.

Though we are always capable of letting in a stupid goal, the game just SMELLED like it would be a good RFC day out.

Some of the bloopers were ridiculous. You could see the lack of belief/confidence, but, saying that, there are times when you could imagine this eleven, this squad, this squad with two additions, going on a run and scoring goals for fun (probably next season, now). My few words review would be "Flashes of Brilliance With Bloopers"

I may be wrong but I can't remember Barnsley opening us up with THEIR football. Most of their chances (as I remember) seemed to come from horror moments from RFC players (Morrison, Obita for example). I've tried, but I can't for the life of me remember the play on 45+2 minutes when Rafael won the game for us with those two back-to-back saves. Was that a Barnsley move that cut us open, or another slip/cock-up/gift? But they were a pair of EXCELLENT saves. Had we conceded on the stork of half-time, it's very likely we'd have lost.

SWIFT.

For me, close to his best game for us, EVER. He RAN the game. He was mature, defended, got us out of tight scrapes, played what seemed like dozens of simple balls that were just right. I'm sure he made mistakes but for me he was our MoM by a country mile.

MEITE

I love him to bits, but (most of the time) he's just a lump. BUT he got a goal. No question it's his goal, and top strikers score of all their bits. As I said, he's not delicate Swift or stick to my boots Ejaria, but there was one passage where he dribbled brilliantly on the edge of our box to get us out of trouble. I'd play him regularly as a RW (tho' today he won more headers than he usually does)..

PUSCAS

I really hope he stays with us. I think, when we learn how to play to his strengths he will EASILY get 20+ goals a season. For me, that was his best all-round game yet (better than Wigan away or Cardiff home). He threatened all game and the reason he only got a single goal was down to his team-mates, rather than him. His goal was excellent so oxf*rd Dellor ("Inadvertently turned the defender!" WTF?) and he looked dangerous all game, had one great cross that Meite should have done better with.

PS Did anyone notice Meite didn't acknowledge the cross. Are they not buddies? Didn't look like it....

EJARIA

Jeez I love this guy, warts and stumbles and all. He is a breath of fresh air. I LOVE his audacity, the weird things he does. He is a special talent, and if we carefully develop him he could be a 20 Million Pound player. Much better more central, occasionally brilliant at ball-winning, sometimes does the impossible. When he loses ball, people seem to forget that's because ehe often has 3 defenders closing him down.

RHINO

I like his energy but particularly like his recovery speed when he makes an error. When Ejaria and Swift play (not so quick or direct) I feel he needs to play (but then I think Pele in front of our back four is superb)... I dunno... but Rhino is one of the few who moves quickly, who inspires, who injects power into the side. As a side we lack oomph, the crude "Long" power, the pace of Kebe, the batter the centre-backs persistence of Noel Hunt. I think we are better with Rhino in.

MASikA

Woooooh! Yes please! Very impressed. Hard-working, speedy, tricky, more promising than early Kebe. It was interesting tom hear the crowd desperately wanting his to get the ball. This guy could be a gem.

MoM Swift (09)

Good write up.

Writing about Masika you reminded me of a very weird passage of play involving him, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on it.

A Barnsley player acted like he was on the verge of certain death writhing around like he had just had his eyeballs ripped out. It seemed to me that play was going to stop but Masika got the ball and waltzed passed people like they weren’t there. In the confusion I wasn’t quite sure if everyone else stopped but he was oblivious or if everyone was trying and he was just brilliant. Would love to know if anyone remembers it?

Shame though because nothing came of the move as I reckon some of our players stopped playing. Miraculously the guy on his deathbed sprang up to a full recovery when the game seemed like it was continuing.... :roll:

No it was all down to Masika.Lets hope hes not another Saar or Barrow.There was a moment late on,when there was open country beyond the Barnsley right back,if he could have knocked it past him,they would never have caught him.However the Barnsley man,covered him until help arrived.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Mar 2020 10:13

Westwood52
2 world wars, 1 world cup

THE GAME

SWIFT.

MEITE

PUSCAS

EJARIA

RHINO

MASikA

MoM Swift (09)

Good write up.

No it was all down to Masika.Lets hope hes not another Saar or Barrow.There was a moment late on,when there was open country beyond the Barnsley right back,if he could have knocked it past him,they would never have caught him.However the Barnsley man,covered him until help arrived.

Yep Masika checked and passed back which was a shame because it was a chance to show his pace. He had a nice cameo though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2020 10:40

Snowball Just took a look at WHOSCORED

I think the reviewer must have watched the game on the radio

Reading Average 7.34

8.5 Meite <<<<<<<<

8.0 Obita <<<<<<<<

7.8 Cabral
7.7 Swift
7.6 Yiadom
7.5 Rhino
7.5 Ejaria
7.3 Morrison
7.2 Miazga
7.2 Olise
7.2 Puscas

7.0 Masika
6.1 McCleary
6.1 Pele

Barnsley Average 6.34

(Keeper was 5.5)

I really cannot see why Meite could get a humungous 8.5, (surely in team of the day with that)
or be better than Swift who ran the game, IMO, or that much better than Puscas who was a constant danger

Because the rating system is based on your beloved statistics and doesn't work very well. It's the same system which you rave about having Ejaria and Swift very highly placed overall.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2020 10:48

Whoscored stats based Meite vs Puscas.

Both scored
Puscas assist +
Puscas yellow card -
Puscas better pass completion
Meite more shots on target
Puscas more key passes
Meite way more aerials won
Meite was subbed so his quality was packed into fewer minutes.
Meite 3 dribbles, Puscas 0
Puscas disposed twice as much
Puscas 3 times more unsuccessful touches
Meite 3 tackles, Puscas 0

Etc etc

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 01 Mar 2020 11:21

Surprised that the ratings in this thread are as low/average as they are, I thought it was a very comfortable and confident performance. Morrison and Obita both made individual errors first half which could've resulted in a goal, and Miazga had to recover after a mistake in the second, but other than that Barnsley never really threatened.

Rafael 7 - double save in added time first half was vital, but had little else to do.
Yiadom 6 - decent game without doing much exceptionally.
Morrison 6 - seemed to organise the defence well, solid. Point docked for the slip they should have scored from.
Miazga 8 - very calm, won just about everything.
Obita 7 - played very well bar losing possession in the 45th min. Calm in possession.
Olise 6 - great when running towards goal, struggled when having to hold the ball up. Exciting prospect.
Ejaria 7 - a lot of his skill came off today, unlike Wednesday. Still lost the ball a couple of times and is hesitant to shoot, but a good creative outlet.
Swift 9 - absolutely ran the game. Tracked back and tackled really well, and passing was generally superb. Good set piece delivery too.
Rino 6 - didn't notice him too much which is probably a good thing, solid if unspectacular performance.
Meite 6 - looked an own goal from where I was, but they all count. Actually won a couple of balls in the air today, but his passing/first touch still leaves a bit to be desired.
Puscas 8 - superbly taken goal, and held the ball up better than usual. Would've scored at least one more if service was slightly better, was making some intelligent runs.

Masika - didn't really have enough time but looked very exciting.
McCleary - decent enough cameo.
Pele - made one good block.

I think if this hadn't come off the worst performance for years midweek, we'd be a bit more positive. Yes Barnsley were awful, but some of our buildup play (especially first half) was a joy to watch. Roll on the FA Cup.