No votes
Osho & Someone
No votes

Total votes: 50
The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Best centre back pairing

by The Royal Forester » 08 Mar 2020 15:08

WestRoyal Who's going to not include Miazga after yesterday's game.

Someone has. One person voted for Morrison & Moore. Anyone care to own up?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2020 15:25

Lower West
Nameless Teams pressure us but leave Morrison open, the ball has to go to him and he is then not able to find the good pass out of defence and the players who should be receiving the ball are all marked.

Nothing unusual in that tactic. That's why Stam offloaded Jake Cooper. Wanted centre backs that were comfortable on the ball.

Agreed, it's hardly revolutionary but on the other hand we seem to not have found a way to over come it. Would have thought a midfielder dropping deeper to take the ball and be the one playing the pass would be sensible. I understand why we don't always play it forward quickly and actually want to draw the opposition on to us and create spaces behind them but if it means Morrison being the one left dithering on the ball and not being able to play it out then we're not going anywhere fast.
There are times when we play out from defence really well .

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Mar 2020 16:11

Really think you're overstating the problem and how often it causes issues.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2020 20:20

Snowflake Royal Really think you're overstating the problem and how often it causes issues.

That’s your right !
But I’ve been watching for a few games and it happens regularly.
Whether you agree or not doesn’t change the fact it happens.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Mar 2020 23:58

Nameless
Snowflake Royal Really think you're overstating the problem and how often it causes issues.

That’s your right !
But I’ve been watching for a few games and it happens regularly.
Whether you agree or not doesn’t change the fact it happens.....

:|

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Mar 2020 09:09

Trying to put the emoji in context.

Does it mean ‘I’m pissed off because someone disagrees with me and their comment is based on what they have seen happening rather than just chipping in for the sake of it without actually having anything to back up their contribution ‘

Or am I over analysing ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Mar 2020 09:51

No it's at you thinking if you write fact about an opinion it makes it true.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Mar 2020 12:41

Snowflake Royal No it's at you thinking if you write fact about an opinion it makes it true.

Are you deliberately being a numpty ?
I made a point about something that I have seen happening. It's a clear and obvious thing, not an opinion. The guys I go to games with have commented and other people on this thread seem to think it's a thing. Having seen it we've watched out for it, and saw it again. several times.
Just because Tim and Mick haven't mentioned it on the radio it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and your contribution of just refusing to believe that something someone else has ACTUALLY SEEN happens is a bit pathetic and smacks of you always wanting to be right.
None of it means Morrison is a bad player, he has some admirable qualities and his attitude is spot on. But the fact that his ability on the ball is the weakest of our defenders does mean that we get in trouble sometimes because other teams play on it. My OPINION is we need to sort our tactics out to stop the opposition forcing us to leave Morrison isolated with the ball so often. Not sure whether he's too long in the tooth to improve his ball playing skills and I reckon he contributes enough in other ways that we don't need to go out and get a replacement urgently.
Sorry for the long response but the attitude of 'I've not seen it therefore I'll just dismiss it' is annoying.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Mar 2020 13:14

Barry Hunter and Ginger Ninja

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 09 Mar 2020 21:06

Two people voted for Moore and Morrison now! Interesting given that they have been starting most together since Christmas....

For what it's worth I agree that Morrison can't play the ball out other teams know this etc (Wigan and sheffield definitely did..). I think this is in part why swift has started playing deeper so he can collect from Morrison, it just never seems to work..

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Mar 2020 08:41

If the season is largely over, could there be value in sending Moore away for his shoulder surgery? It would allow him more recovery time and a better pre season. It will surely have been effecting his performance overall. I get playoffs are not totally out of the question, so maybe wait until we've dropped another 4 - 5 points

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Mar 2020 08:48

WestYorksRoyal If the season is largely over, could there be value in sending Moore away for his shoulder surgery? It would allow him more recovery time and a better pre season. It will surely have been effecting his performance overall. I get playoffs are not totally out of the question, so maybe wait until we've dropped another 4 - 5 points

If MacIntyre was fit I would agree with this.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Mar 2020 09:05

Old Man Andrews
WestYorksRoyal If the season is largely over, could there be value in sending Moore away for his shoulder surgery? It would allow him more recovery time and a better pre season. It will surely have been effecting his performance overall. I get playoffs are not totally out of the question, so maybe wait until we've dropped another 4 - 5 points

I'd give it another month, and if as expected, we are still stuck in mid table, send him and Puscas off to get themselves sorted ready for pre-season

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2020 09:21

Giving Miazga a run, esp if we do well, may incline him towards wanting to stay?

Even without an op, rest might benefit Moore

If Blackett is definitely off. I hope he gets a home appearance before he leaves

Ditto Adam

BTW I was shocked to read that Obita’s first team debut was 2010!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2020 10:48

Old Man Andrews

McIntyre, but yes.

Can't really afford to send Moore for surgery without at least McIntyre available. One injury and we'd be down to Blackett starting at CB regularly and no real sub options, which is a big risk.

Same with Puscas and Joao really.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Mar 2020 10:50

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

McIntyre, but yes.

Can't really afford to send Moore for surgery without at least McIntyre available. One injury and we'd be down to Blackett starting at CB regularly and no real sub options, which is a big risk.

I wouldn’t have any concerns if Osho came into the side.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2020 10:52

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews If MacIntyre was fit I would agree with this.

McIntyre, but yes.

I'm firmly undecided on Osho.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Mar 2020 10:53

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

McIntyre, but yes.

I'd agree with this, if TMc is back for the last couple of games, I'd be happy for Moore to miss out to get started on fixing his shoulder, but until TMc is ready, it would be a bit foolish.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Mar 2020 10:54

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal McIntyre, but yes.

Thought he looked great in the game v Middlesborough last season, but hasn't seemed to kick on since then.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2020 10:55

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Thought he looked great in the game v Middlesborough last season, but hasn't seemed to kick on since then.

Missed that. And thought he looked very clumsy in pre-season. But think he had quite a good cup game this season as well maybe?