316 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Stoke City (h) sponsored by John Halls

by Stranded » 17 Jun 2020 14:29

Old Man Andrews
bcubed Going to ask this here as well as return of champ thread

Has anyone paid for a cardboard cut out of themselves at the Madstad?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.getrea ... 427617.amp

Or is it too much to expect anyone to own up?!

Might get one for my son, he is 11 and would get a kick out of it.

Would have liked the club to have contacted Royal Berkshire Hospital to offer free cutouts to the workers there, would have been a nice gesture and would have looked good to see a lot of nurses and doctors in the crowd.

They are already offering 1000 free tickets to games when crowds come back, which seems enough to me.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 17 Jun 2020 16:17

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth
Sutekh At last back in action again (barring a breakout of positive test results).

Saturday 20th June 2020 v Stoke City, k.o. 3pm

Reading now have a fully fit squad with only Lucas Boye being unlikely to be considered.

The referee is Michael Salisbury whose 1 previous Reading game was the home destruction of Derby County back in December 2019.

Game is free on ifollow to all ST holders with a subscription.

BBC Berks are also back to covering the game as usual.

As this is effectively like starting a new season who knows whether last league form will give any real indication (for the record in the last game they played Stoke stuffed Hull 5-1 at home while Reading won 3-1 at Birmingham - remember those days anyone?).

Official attendance is expected to be 0 but is still likely to have more atmosphere than many Reading home games in recent years so at least the players shouldn’t be too phased by the lack of support.

So happy to see this back. Yiadom is out apparently for the rest of the season. Hamstring. Or so the twitterverse says.

Yiadom is expected back before the end of the season according to JLow.

How did he do it ? Reaching for the salad cream ?Probably in line for POS before lockdown;despite missing a lot of games around Xmas.Thats probably gone now for him. Rino or Gunts right back ?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Jun 2020 16:33

Westwood52
Sutekh
NewCorkSeth So happy to see this back. Yiadom is out apparently for the rest of the season. Hamstring. Or so the twitterverse says.

How did he do it ? Reaching for the salad cream ?Probably in line for POS before lockdown;despite missing a lot of games around Xmas.Thats probably gone now for him. Rino or Gunts right back ?

Gunts played in the Portsmouth friendly and JLow said Gabriel Osho has also been filling in in that position (and we have Araruna too)

JLow's Q & A session https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... y-18436021

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 17 Jun 2020 16:59

Does anyone know what's happened to Snowball? I had expected to see the Prediction League restated by now. Hope he is alright and healthy.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Jun 2020 17:20

Just read that Joe Allen is missing for Stoke long term after rupturing his achilles tendon

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jun 2020 17:21

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth
Sutekh At last back in action again (barring a breakout of positive test results).

Saturday 20th June 2020 v Stoke City, k.o. 3pm

Reading now have a fully fit squad with only Lucas Boye being unlikely to be considered.

The referee is Michael Salisbury whose 1 previous Reading game was the home destruction of Derby County back in December 2019.

Game is free on ifollow to all ST holders with a subscription.

BBC Berks are also back to covering the game as usual.

As this is effectively like starting a new season who knows whether last league form will give any real indication (for the record in the last game they played Stoke stuffed Hull 5-1 at home while Reading won 3-1 at Birmingham - remember those days anyone?).

Official attendance is expected to be 0 but is still likely to have more atmosphere than many Reading home games in recent years so at least the players shouldn’t be too phased by the lack of support.

So happy to see this back. Yiadom is out apparently for the rest of the season. Hamstring. Or so the twitterverse says.

Ffs. I think it was him who reported him out for the season in the first place.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jun 2020 19:28

The Royal Forester Does anyone know what's happened to Snowball? I had expected to see the Prediction League restated by now. Hope he is alright and healthy.

Nope. Certainly a bit concerned for him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Jun 2020 20:43

Hound
The Royal Forester Does anyone know what's happened to Snowball? I had expected to see the Prediction League restated by now. Hope he is alright and healthy.

Nope. Certainly a bit concerned for him

He got a lot of flack for his Coronavirus reporting, he was being a bit bizarre and in hindsight a few of us might have been a bit unkind to him. I think he was just really worried about the situation and it ended up consuming him. Hope he returns.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jun 2020 20:47

Yes I hope Snowers returns. He got a bit of a kicking on here which was very harsh.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 17 Jun 2020 22:10

I know there’s likely to be rotation but I’d like to see us work out a settled starting 11 - I think we’ve got the makings of a strong team. I reckon a lot will depend on Puscas’ future but I reckon he will likely leave. I’d go for:

Rafael
Gunter. Moore . Miazga . Richards
Rino . Swift
Meite. Ejaria. Olise
Lazy J

Meite Ejaria & Olise can float between positions, lazy can do what he does best holding it up and not moving much

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jun 2020 07:37

Notts Royal I know there’s likely to be rotation but I’d like to see us work out a settled starting 11 - I think we’ve got the makings of a strong team. I reckon a lot will depend on Puscas’ future but I reckon he will likely leave. I’d go for:

Rafael
Rino . Swift
Meite. Ejaria. Olise
Lazy J

Meite Ejaria & Olise can float between positions, lazy can do what he does best holding it up and not moving much

What is "Lazy J"? Please elaborate on your use of the word lazy.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Jun 2020 08:34

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
bcubed Going to ask this here as well as return of champ thread

Has anyone paid for a cardboard cut out of themselves at the Madstad?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.getrea ... 427617.amp

Or is it too much to expect anyone to own up?!

Might get one for my son, he is 11 and would get a kick out of it.

Would have liked the club to have contacted Royal Berkshire Hospital to offer free cutouts to the workers there, would have been a nice gesture and would have looked good to see a lot of nurses and doctors in the crowd.

They are already offering 1000 free tickets to games when crowds come back, which seems enough to me.

Isn't coronavirus enough punishment etc

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jun 2020 08:50

Starting to look forward to this a bit now, the Prem footy last night whetted the appetite a bit more

Should be a good game against on paper a pretty handy side, though Allen will be a loss certainly. It'll be interesting to see who Bowen goes for and should give a good pointer to who is likely to be here next season. I reckon it'll be

Rafael
Gunter Moore Miazga Obita
Rino
Meite Swift Ejaria Olise
Joao

Bench (7 now isnt it?): Southwood, Pele, Morrison, Richards, Puscas, Baldock, Timbe

leaving out Walker, Aluko, McCleary, McIntyre, Blackett, Adam, Boye, Osho, Araruna and prob a few more I've forgotten. We've a ridiculously big squad haven't we?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jun 2020 08:56

Would like to see us really go for it in our remaining games, we have very little to lose. Would like two up top.

Rafael

Gunter
Moore
Miazga
Obita

Rinomhota
Swift
Ejaria
Olise

Puscas
Joao

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jun 2020 09:04

yeah I wouldnt be upset to see Puscas in for Meite

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 18 Jun 2020 09:07

Old Man Andrews
Notts Royal I know there’s likely to be rotation but I’d like to see us work out a settled starting 11 - I think we’ve got the makings of a strong team. I reckon a lot will depend on Puscas’ future but I reckon he will likely leave. I’d go for:

Rafael
Rino . Swift
Meite. Ejaria. Olise
Lazy J

Lazy Joao of course!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jun 2020 09:10

Notts Royal
Old Man Andrews

Rafael
Rino . Swift
Meite. Ejaria. Olise
Lazy J

Lazy Joao of course!

Why is he any less or more lazy than Puscas? What makes him lazy?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jun 2020 09:16

Hound Starting to look forward to this a bit now, the Prem footy last night whetted the appetite a bit more

Should be a good game against on paper a pretty handy side, though Allen will be a loss certainly. It'll be interesting to see who Bowen goes for and should give a good pointer to who is likely to be here next season. I reckon it'll be

Rafael
Rino
Meite Swift Ejaria Olise
Joao

Bench (7 now isnt it?): Southwood, Pele, Morrison, Richards, Puscas, Baldock, Timbe

leaving out Walker, Aluko, McCleary, McIntyre, Blackett, Adam, Boye, Osho, Araruna and prob a few more I've forgotten. We've a ridiculously big squad haven't we?

9 on the bench IIRC

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jun 2020 09:17

URZZZZ
Hound Starting to look forward to this a bit now, the Prem footy last night whetted the appetite a bit more

Rafael
Rino
Meite Swift Ejaria Olise
Joao

9 on the bench IIRC

in which case McCleary and McIntyre can move up

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jun 2020 09:18

Old Man Andrews Would like to see us really go for it in our remaining games, we have very little to lose. Would like two up top.

Rafael

Gunter
Moore
Miazga
Obita

Rinomhota
Swift
Ejaria
Olise

Puscas
Joao

Like the front two but would look to start Morrison, Richards and Meite somewhere, probably for Obita, Moore and Ejaria/Olise

316 posts