Squad for 2020/21

1016 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Squad for 2020/21

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jul 2020 13:00

Simmops
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal Just don't really get chances for that.

Never subbed on. Rarely injuries. Couple of cup games only. And keepers are rarely so shit they get dropped.

Injuries to GKs do happen. Both Fedders and Mccarthy got decent runs in the side while 2nd choice, as is Martinez in the PL now. I like to think that if Rafael was out for a month or 2, Southwood would jump at the opportunity and add pressure.

Deffo agreed and especially seeing Emi play as good as he is at Arsenal.

Another that comes to mind is Nick Pope. Brought for 1 Mill as a back up to Heaton and Hart. Never played, both got crocked and now look.

I would think that Bradley Peacock Farrell will be a good option on long term loan for us or to try get. He must be frustrated at not playing.

Um. Joe Hart was bought as backup to Nick Pope.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jul 2020 13:06

Hound only reason he could go is again sounds like he is on a wedge in terms of wages

Depends how much they try to cut the wage bill. If someone wanted Rafael and prepared to give us a few quid, I could live with Southwood as number 1 and Walker seeing out the last year of his contract as back up

Ah thought Walkers contract was up for some reason.

Feck it, I'm putting all my eggs in the CBC basket.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Jul 2020 13:16

NewCorkSeth
Simmops
WestYorksRoyal Injuries to GKs do happen. Both Fedders and Mccarthy got decent runs in the side while 2nd choice, as is Martinez in the PL now. I like to think that if Rafael was out for a month or 2, Southwood would jump at the opportunity and add pressure.

Another that comes to mind is Nick Pope. Brought for 1 Mill as a back up to Heaton and Hart. Never played, both got crocked and now look.

I would think that Bradley Peacock Farrell will be a good option on long term loan for us or to try get. He must be frustrated at not playing.

Are you sure? I think Hart played infront of pope for a bit then dropped a few clangers.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jul 2020 13:21

Simmops
NewCorkSeth
Simmops

Are you sure? I think Hart played infront of pope for a bit then dropped a few clangers.

Think that was when Pope was injured. They brought Hart in more or less when Pope sustained the injury.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Jul 2020 13:25

Old Man Andrews
Simmops
NewCorkSeth Um. Joe Hart was bought as backup to Nick Pope.

Think that was when Pope was injured. They brought Hart in more or less when Pope sustained the injury.

Hold on a minute. I've just solved it.

We can get Joe Hart! We might be more his level now :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Jul 2020 13:27

Hound only reason he could go is again sounds like he is on a wedge in terms of wages

Depends how much they try to cut the wage bill. If someone wanted Rafael and prepared to give us a few quid, I could live with Southwood as number 1 and Walker seeing out the last year of his contract as back up

Walker still plays for us? God we have so many players I've just forgotten about.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jul 2020 13:27

In all seriousness I think the Championship would be a great place for Joe Hart to rebuild himself and stand out again. Finding a club that will pay him what he wants is the issue.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Jul 2020 13:36

Old Man Andrews In all seriousness I think the Championship would be a great place for Joe Hart to rebuild himself and stand out again. Finding a club that will pay him what he wants is the issue.

Surely he knows he's past it (from his interview that I watched he seemed to, quite sad really) and he has had his glory days, earnt his money and he could drop his demands and play in our league. If he wants to play in a serious competitive league and not the MLS he would have to drop his demands. He could easily suit a good team and I wouldn't say no to him if we had the money.

I honestly cannot think of another player that has gone from such an important player to rock bottom in such a quick time.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jul 2020 14:12

Simmops

Walker still plays for us? God we have so many players I've just forgotten about.

Walker has probably been involved in more games than just about any of our squad this season !
If You use a fairly loose definition of involved....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jul 2020 14:28

Joe Hart is oglff to Celtic int he?

Anyway point wasn't to disprove that Pope turned out to be a great buy, he stepped up big time when Heaton (who was looking like England material at the time) got injured. So much so in fact they were happy to let Heaton go.

However I think coaching has a lot to do with it at Burnley. Dyche has a well drilled, defensive unit who do a great job in protecting the net. I would be surprised if Peacock-Farrell came good for them (depending on whether Dyche leaves of course).

I am very much on the side of - Rafael is unlikely to be bought this summer and if he is we will get a decent fee, 20k a week off the books and have a good, young keeper ready to challenge for the first choice spot. An experienced loan or free transfer would do as a stop gap while he gets to grips with the league and we always pump out decent keepers anyway so we wouldn't be waiting long for the next one.

I know someone said it, half jokingingly, above but i would offer Fedders a year long contract with an extension option. Would be a good filler while Southwood comes along.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2020 14:43

Simmops

:| he's on the sub bench literally every week.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Jul 2020 14:46

Snowflake Royal
Simmops

:| he's on the sub bench literally every week.

Don't look at the subs bench especially the subs keeper. They're irrelevant.
Last edited by Simmops on 21 Jul 2020 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Jul 2020 14:50

NewCorkSeth Joe Hart is oglff to Celtic int he?

Anyway point wasn't to disprove that Pope turned out to be a great buy, he stepped up big time when Heaton (who was looking like England material at the time) got injured. So much so in fact they were happy to let Heaton go.

However I think coaching has a lot to do with it at Burnley. Dyche has a well drilled, defensive unit who do a great job in protecting the net. I would be surprised if Peacock-Farrell came good for them (depending on whether Dyche leaves of course).

I am very much on the side of - Rafael is unlikely to be bought this summer and if he is we will get a decent fee, 20k a week off the books and have a good, young keeper ready to challenge for the first choice spot. An experienced loan or free transfer would do as a stop gap while he gets to grips with the league and we always pump out decent keepers anyway so we wouldn't be waiting long for the next one.

I know someone said it, half jokingingly, above but i would offer Fedders a year long contract with an extension option. Would be a good filler while Southwood comes along.

I wasn't joking when I said Fed or Joe Hart. They wouldn't be half decent signings.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Jul 2020 15:13

Simmops If he wants to play in a serious competitive league and not the MLS he would have to drop his demands.

There's not a lot wrong with MLS these days. Good crowds, plenty of decent players, and I dare say the cities are probably nicer than the average Championship club's home town.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jul 2020 15:14

tmesis
Simmops If he wants to play in a serious competitive league and not the MLS he would have to drop his demands.

There's not a lot wrong with MLS these days. Good crowds, plenty of decent players, and I dare say the cities are probably nicer than the average Championship club's home town.

But the cities there are full of Americans?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Jul 2020 15:29

NewCorkSeth
tmesis

But the cities there are full of Americans?

True, but you can buy guns and shoot them, probably.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 21 Jul 2020 15:31

Old Man Andrews In all seriousness I think the Championship would be a great place for Joe Hart to rebuild himself and stand out again. Finding a club that will pay him what he wants is the issue.

No I would have De Gea;he’s really good.Only £350k a week as well.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2020 10:01

Owner trying to block Swift from leaving :shock:

Hope this is a hardball tactic. I love the man but he won't be happy, a move to the Blades would be a good career choice for him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2020 10:28

NewCorkSeth Owner trying to block Swift from leaving :shock:

Hope this is a hardball tactic. I love the man but he won't be happy, a move to the Blades would be a good career choice for him.

It'd better be hard ball. If we force him to stay and bump up his wages, clearly we've learned nothing and nothing will improve

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2020 11:16

WestYorksRoyal
NewCorkSeth Owner trying to block Swift from leaving :shock:

It'd better be hard ball. If we force him to stay and bump up his wages, clearly we've learned nothing and nothing will improve

Yep, very worrying lack of learning

1016 posts