MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by end of season apathy

255 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by end of season apathy

by Zip » 30 Jun 2020 19:02

Hound Need to be to the end of the season, lose 10 players, tear up the wage bill and let Bowen start afresh with a couple of good signings

Let’s be honest, top 10 next season would be a great achievement

I can’t see top ten Houndy. Another battle at the wrong end of the table I fear.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jun 2020 19:03

Zip
Hound Need to be to the end of the season, lose 10 players, tear up the wage bill and let Bowen start afresh with a couple of good signings

I can’t see top ten Houndy. Another battle at the wrong end of the table I fear.

Nor can I to be honest

Champ safety and sort the finances out is about the best we can hope for

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jun 2020 19:03

Zip Very much a half reminiscent of Stam/Clement. Loads of slow and sideways passing. Scared to get the ball into the box. The obligatory soft goal. Far too slow to move the ball forward.
No press of the opposition.
Pointless short corners.
Rinse and oxf*rd repeat.

Don't recognise that at all. This side is endlessly more positive, quick and purposeful than Stam's bullshit.

We're not playing well, but that's down to missing a key player, one or two others having a bit of an off day and Brentford being really good.

They are incredibly organised. Close us down well, have excellent defensive shape. They move the ball very quickly and well and their movement is like lightning.

And for all the doom predictions of thrashing it's one nil from shit defending at a corner.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 30 Jun 2020 19:03

I hope Barrow wants to play next season. Think we are crying out for him.

Anybody just not Aluko :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jun 2020 19:04

Zip

Which I'm ok with if it means we start changing the way we do things in the transfer market and in our club philosophy. We need to invest in youth and target young players in Leagues 1 and 2. Brentford style.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jun 2020 19:04

windermereROYAL We`ve not had football for so long, we hired Bowen until the end of the season, but somewhere in there I seem to remember signing an extension, please tell me I`m mistaken......please!!!

One year extension. I think it was signed around January time. Expires end of next season.
Last edited by Zip on 30 Jun 2020 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jun 2020 19:06

Snowflake Royal
Zip Very much a half reminiscent of Stam/Clement. Loads of slow and sideways passing. Scared to get the ball into the box. The obligatory soft goal. Far too slow to move the ball forward.
Pointless short corners.
Rinse and oxf*rd repeat.

Don't recognise that at all. This side is endlessly more positive, quick and purposeful than Stam's bullshit.

We're not playing well, but that's down to missing a key player, one or two others having a bit of an off day and Brentford being really good.

They are incredibly organised. Close us down well, have excellent defensive shape. They move the ball very quickly and well and their movement is like lightning.

And for all the doom predictions of thrashing it's one nil from shit defending at a corner.

We certainly haven’t been positive, quick and purposeful in this match.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jun 2020 19:07

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Pointless short corners.
Rinse and oxf*rd repeat.

We have compared to what we were under Stam. Given you can see how we are now that should remind you just how fuk awful we were back then.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 30 Jun 2020 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jun 2020 19:07

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Pointless short corners.
Rinse and oxf*rd repeat.

I don’t know if it’s deliberate but it seems almost every game at home Reading are slow and pedestrian and rarely take the game to the oppo which is part of the problem why the club struggle so much.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jun 2020 19:08

Sutekh
Zip
Snowflake Royal Don't recognise that at all. This side is endlessly more positive, quick and purposeful than Stam's bullshit.

I don’t know if it’s deliberate but it seems almost every game at home Reading are slow and pedestrian and rarely take the game to the oppo which is part of the problem why the club struggle so much.

Yep.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jun 2020 19:10

No movement whatsoever.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jun 2020 19:12

Going to be interesting to see how many actually bother returning when crowds are allowed back in. Our home games are just a special kind of dull.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Jun 2020 19:12

Now we’re playing long ball. FFS.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 30 Jun 2020 19:18

Old Man Andrews
marcusopp impotent

Hark at Pele over here.

:D
That wasn't a confession!!!!
We do look like a limp sausage failing to penetrate a willing receptacle

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jun 2020 19:20

We've been 2nd best all game but as long as it remains 1-0 we have a chance.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jun 2020 19:21

McCleary and Puscas on for Olise and Baldock

At least McCleary will run at them.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jun 2020 19:23

Swift should have been taken off not Olise.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jun 2020 19:24

INSPIRED SUBSTITUTIONS!!!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Jun 2020 19:25

God that was shit, where were the defenders chasing to clear that, also Rafael was slow as hell recovering from that save.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jun 2020 19:26

Just all round shite.

255 posts