MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (a) sponsored by Sean Evers

308 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (a) sponsored by Sean Evers

by Hound » 05 Jul 2020 11:57

WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL Just wondering the last time we had a 20+ goal striker, Meite has 5 games to get 4 goals . him and Puscas have 28 goals between, that's not too shabby in a struggling team.

What is Puscas on? 13? Very good return for 1st season in the Champions, but people can't wait to get on his back after a couple of bad games.

Absolutely. Especially as he has been in and out. Not a bad return at all

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2020 12:01

Hound
WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL Just wondering the last time we had a 20+ goal striker, Meite has 5 games to get 4 goals . him and Puscas have 28 goals between, that's not too shabby in a struggling team.

What is Puscas on? 13? Very good return for 1st season in the Champions, but people can't wait to get on his back after a couple of bad games.

I feel like a lot of the criticism is fair but, on social media in particular, the good things he does are totally ignored. It really has been the definition of "big fee, bigger expectations". I think hes been fine.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2020 12:02

I think a midfield with Swift, Rino and one of Olise and Ejaria could work as long as Swift and Rino share defensive duties and Rino isn't just anchored, but it isn't ideal.

Likewise I think Baker, Rino and one of the other three would also work.

And Pele, Rino and one of the other three.

But if we drew a few blanks at home could see fans getting restless about negative defensive tactics and not enough attacking intent.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2020 12:06

Snowflake Royal I think a midfield with Swift, Rino and one of Olise and Ejaria could works long as Swift and Rino share defensive duties and Rino isn't just anchored, but it isn't ideal.

Likewise I think Baker, Rino and one of the other three would also work.

And Pele, Rino and one of the other three.

But if we drew a few blanks at home could see fans getting restless about negative defensive tactics and not enough attacking intent.

which is interesting as I think Swift is now at his best when sat deep. I used to think his attacking ability meant he should be hovering outside the box but he just never shoots. The quarterback role suits him well and Rinomhota is as athletic a player as you can find. The 2 can work together but would, imo, be best with an actual DM behind them to sweep up. We have come close a few times. Ezatolahi looked perfect for that role, Pele grew into it so fast. We just need a bit of luck in finding the next guy.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jul 2020 13:57

NewCorkSeth
Hound
WestYorksRoyal What is Puscas on? 13? Very good return for 1st season in the Champions, but people can't wait to get on his back after a couple of bad games.

I feel like a lot of the criticism is fair but, on social media in particular, the good things he does are totally ignored. It really has been the definition of "big fee, bigger expectations". I think hes been fine.

Not to mention his first start against Cardiff which sent expectations through the roof

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 06 Jul 2020 11:26

No fans thing in the i this weekend either!

Perhaps they've stopped doing it for the season.
If it returns I'll post it up but until then your learned insights will have to remain the preserve of the board.

Laters.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Jul 2020 11:54

WestYorksRoyal

Just a couple of bad games this season?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2020 18:21

Dave the rave No fans thing in the i this weekend either!

Perhaps they've stopped doing it for the season.
If it returns I'll post it up but until then your learned insights will have to remain the preserve of the board.

Laters.

Thats sad, I had a real corker in the works.

308 posts