Home form

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Home form

by Jackson Corner » 01 Jul 2020 18:06

I'm sure like me I bet you were thinking at least I wasn't there to watch that debacle last night. Lets face it since the play off final season our home form has been dire. I don't go for this we have crap support rubbish it's really no worse than any other ground in this league and prior to the Stam season I have never known a run as bad as this over a four year period. P89 W30 D22 L39.
I doubt there is a league club in the country with a record as bad as that over the last 4 years.

No wonder people are drifting away. Season ticket anyone?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Home form

by Westwood52 » 01 Jul 2020 18:18

I think Dim said last night we have only won one game at home this year.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Jul 2020 19:03

Westwood52 I think Dim said last night we have only won one game at home this year.

Indeed W1 D3 L4.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jul 2020 19:33

Jackson Corner I'm sure like me I bet you were thinking at least I wasn't there to watch that debacle last night. Lets face it since the play off final season our home form has been dire. I don't go for this we have crap support rubbish it's really no worse than any other ground in this league and prior to the Stam season I have never known a run as bad as this over a four year period. P89 W30 D22 L39.
I doubt there is a league club in the country with a record as bad as that over the last 4 years.

It's not since the PO Final, it's since we got promoted, with the one exception being the season we got to the PO final. We've won 8 or fewer home games every season since 2011/12 except Stam's first when we got 16.

It's pathetic.

The 4 years following promotion were P88, W28, D32, L28

Making a combined total
P177, W58, D54, L67
Excluding Stam season 1. A win % @ home of 33%
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 01 Jul 2020 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Jul 2020 19:39

Snowflake Royal
Jackson Corner I'm sure like me I bet you were thinking at least I wasn't there to watch that debacle last night. Lets face it since the play off final season our home form has been dire. I don't go for this we have crap support rubbish it's really no worse than any other ground in this league and prior to the Stam season I have never known a run as bad as this over a four year period. P89 W30 D22 L39.

It's not since the PO Final, it's since we got promoted, with the one exception being the season we got to the PO final. We've won 8 or fewer home games every season since 2011/12 except Stam's first when we got 16.

It's pathetic.

The 4 years following promotion were P88, W20, D32, L28

Didn`t realise it was that bad, thats beyond pathetic.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jul 2020 19:45

Thought it would improve once the cardboard cut outs were put in the stand rather than taking to the pitch for a game.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Jul 2020 01:33

I've written a similar thread to this before about our home record.

The truth is the Mad Stad isn't the fortress it once was. The atmosphere has been etched away and we've been mismanaged by Zingarevich, the Thai's and by the Dai's despite positive intents and purposes.
Our record since the playoff semi final with Fulham at home in the league is.

P66
W20
D17
L29

I honestly think that home defeat record is the worst in the football league at the moment. I just feel a drop to league one is inevitable in the near future. To be honest I think we've been lucky in recent years with some dross opposition relegation contenders to delay an inexorable fate that's coming this way. You can't sustain a record like that without succumbing to relegation eventually. Need a new approach at home.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Jul 2020 08:20

Royal_jimmy I've written a similar thread to this before about our home record.

The truth is the Mad Stad isn't the fortress it once was. The atmosphere has been etched away and we've been mismanaged by Zingarevich, the Thai's and by the Dai's despite positive intents and purposes.
Our record since the playoff semi final with Fulham at home in the league is.

P66
W20
D17
L29

I honestly think that home defeat record is the worst in the football league at the moment. I just feel a drop to league one is inevitable in the near future. To be honest I think we've been lucky in recent years with some dross opposition relegation contenders to delay an inexorable fate that's coming this way. You can't sustain a record like that without succumbing to relegation eventually. Need a new approach at home.

It’s purely down to the “managers” we’ve had. They’ve all lacked experience and as a result been unable to - build a balanced team including enough leadership, get them to action and stick to a strategy, change the tactics during a game when it’s not working, man manage/motivate them.

With the pygmies we’ve had in charge do we honestly think that we wouldn’t have done better under seasoned managers like Bruce, Warnock, Hughton etc?

Not talking about perfect football talking about the basics - results.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jul 2020 08:27

It’s not just the managers. We have seen so many poor, lazy and half hearted players at the club over the past 7 or 8 years. It’s telling that we have had very little interest in our playing squad from other teams in recent years. When was the last time we sold a player for good money?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jul 2020 10:45

For the record, since the PO final Reading have won a massive 20 home league games out of 66 played (that’s an approx 30% success rate). In the same period they’ve lost 29 (approx 44%). So very roughly your season ticket currently gets an average of 7 home wins.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2020 11:03

Zip It’s not just the managers. We have seen so many poor, lazy and half hearted players at the club over the past 7 or 8 years. It’s telling that we have had very little interest in our playing squad from other teams in recent years. When was the last time we sold a player for good money?

Tish?
Hector.

Basically home grown talent.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jul 2020 11:15

Snowflake Royal
Zip It’s not just the managers. We have seen so many poor, lazy and half hearted players at the club over the past 7 or 8 years. It’s telling that we have had very little interest in our playing squad from other teams in recent years. When was the last time we sold a player for good money?

Tish?
Hector.

That’s a few years ago Ian!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2020 11:16

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Tish?
Hector.

Tbf we just refused the last two in Moore and Loader. Poor decisions.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jul 2020 11:17

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Tish?
Hector.

Tbf we just refused the last two in Moore and Loader. Poor decisions.

In hindsight yes. I think we would take a decent offer for Moore this summer. Not fussed if he goes.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 02 Jul 2020 12:54

Snowflake Royal

It's pathetic.

Making a combined total
P177, W58, D54, L67

It's also the number of goals we haven't scored. In how many of those draws and losses have we even failed to score?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2020 13:19

Fox Talbot
Snowflake Royal

It's pathetic.

Making a combined total
P177, W58, D54, L67

It's also the number of goals we haven't scored. In how many of those draws and losses have we even failed to score?

Shouldn't take long to work out totals for, but blanks would be a ballache to count up across 8 seasons

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jul 2020 14:26

On a really quick count we have failed to score in 21 of our 66 home games played since the play-off final vs. Huddersfield. Eight times in both 17-18 and 18-19, and five times this season. Which isn't great.

In total we've scored 78 goals in those 66 home games. In none of those (nearly) three seasons have we scored more than 29 goals in 23 home games. Which is probably the best indicator as to why our ST base has dropped away, regardless of end result.

Final stat, since the start of 17-18, you're as likely to have seen us lose at home (29 times) as you are away (also 29 defeats). As noted by others, this must be amongst the worst home records in the league.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2020 17:27

Sanguine On a really quick count we have failed to score in 21 of our 66 home games played since the play-off final vs. Huddersfield. Eight times in both 17-18 and 18-19, and five times this season. Which isn't great.

In total we've scored 78 goals in those 66 home games. In none of those (nearly) three seasons have we scored more than 29 goals in 23 home games. Which is probably the best indicator as to why our ST base has dropped away, regardless of end result.

Final stat, since the start of 17-18, you're as likely to have seen us lose at home (29 times) as you are away (also 29 defeats). As noted by others, this must be amongst the worst home records in the league.

This is one of the reasons Adkins got no real support. Despite finishing 7th, most fans rarely saw a win because we only got 8 in 23 at home.

You can do great away, but very few fans see that. So if your position in the table slips you get no leeway because people have already been seeing a lot of defeats and draws even when it was going quite well.

Not that our away record is great obviously. Although we've lost more games at home than away this season.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1