sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFI Follow Huddersfield

by sandman » 08 Jul 2020 13:29

Snowball
SouthDownsRoyal
Snowball
Dellor undermines players, makes their resale value less etc

Not sure what Dellor says would mean we sell a player for a lower amount of money to another club

Constant scapegoating or bias on iPlayer and Radio Berks

Multiplied by those easily led, Twitterati, Facebookers, some here

All add to possibly (negatively) affect player directly, team-mates, coaches, managers, owners (esp if owners don’t get football)

It doesn’t have to be by a great percentage to have a real affect

Footballers are like racehorses. At 100% they can be brilliant, at 99% still good, but at 98% they turn to shit

If you don’t think these things affect Puscas, look at his body language

He may as well retire now then because criticism gets a lot harder the higher up you go in the game than a public schoolboy doing local radio.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Jul 2020 14:02

sandman
Snowball
SouthDownsRoyal
Not sure what Dellor says would mean we sell a player for a lower amount of money to another club

Constant scapegoating or bias on iPlayer and Radio Berks

Multiplied by those easily led, Twitterati, Facebookers, some here

All add to possibly (negatively) affect player directly, team-mates, coaches, managers, owners (esp if owners don’t get football)

It doesn’t have to be by a great percentage to have a real affect

Footballers are like racehorses. At 100% they can be brilliant, at 99% still good, but at 98% they turn to shit

If you don’t think these things affect Puscas, look at his body language

He may as well retire now then because criticism gets a lot harder the higher up you go in the game than a public schoolboy doing local radio.

LOL

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 08 Jul 2020 14:09

Silver Fox I believe they've always used the Dim commentary on iFollow. When I've listened to BBCRB games in the past it's just sounded like he doesn't really know what he's talking about, when you can see the action with your own eyes it just proves that point. And as for his insistence on not calling Pele Pele, well that's just pathetic

Gomas is his name and has that on his shirt , Pele is a nickname. Would you see a certain Mr. Warnock referred to as Colin by any commentator or his nickname on the back of his tracksuit, however much you would like too? Yes I do know it is only Reading fans nickname for him, (as far as I know).

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Jul 2020 14:23

Snowflake Royal
Snowball Dellor

For anyone except Puscas the cross is too high or whatever. But in Puscas’’ case it’ always Puscas failed to Jump or Puscas could’ve done better (etc)

Problem with bias like that is it gets multiplied by the Twitterati and a player becomes a scapegoat

And certain players he likes can do no wrong. Good cross from Gunter there, but no one was on the end of it. Er... he overhit it by about 20 yards Dim.

So what you're saying is that you, just like Tim Dellor are totally biased against particular players?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Jul 2020 14:24

The Royal Forester
Silver Fox I believe they've always used the Dim commentary on iFollow. When I've listened to BBCRB games in the past it's just sounded like he doesn't really know what he's talking about, when you can see the action with your own eyes it just proves that point. And as for his insistence on not calling Pele Pele, well that's just pathetic

Gomas is his name and has that on his shirt , Pele is a nickname. Would you see a certain Mr. Warnock referred to as Colin by any commentator or his nickname on the back of his tracksuit, however much you would like too? Yes I do know it is only Reading fans nickname for him, (as far as I know).

It was his nickname before he got here, Dellor immediately decided that he didn't deserve it so refused to use it. although tbh I'm impressed when he manages not to call him Tyler Blackett

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 14:31

Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal
Snowball Dellor

For anyone except Puscas the cross is too high or whatever. But in Puscas’’ case it’ always Puscas failed to Jump or Puscas could’ve done better (etc)

Problem with bias like that is it gets multiplied by the Twitterati and a player becomes a scapegoat

And certain players he likes can do no wrong. Good cross from Gunter there, but no one was on the end of it. Er... he overhit it by about 20 yards Dim.

So what you're saying is that you, just like Tim Dellor are totally biased against particular players?

Weak effort sandy.

Go back to finding someone innocent to get stuck into because a player you like gets a bit of stick.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 08 Jul 2020 14:31

As Andrew posted, you know that the game wasn't up to much when posters go on more about the I-follow commentary (or on other occasions the ref) than the match itself.
My mate Roger (rare poster called Tazewell Royal has always had a thing about scoring too many goals in one game and inevitably in the next we don't score any.

I am not sure whether there are any stats to back this view up but WE knew that last night Reading wouldn't score.
For that reason I am not too displeased that Virgin were doing work all day and night in our road which meant that I couldn't get the I-follow broadcast.

Was Ejaria injured?
I do hope that next season we start with Swift and Ejaria whenever possible-these two are really our only two creative players (Olise as yet doesn't offer enough but we hope he contributes more as he matures) and are a must if we want to make any impression on the higher reaches of this division.

Good to see Osho and McIntyre looking comfortable at this level even if the opposition for these two latest games hasn't been that great.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Jul 2020 14:35

Snowflake Royal
Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal And certain players he likes can do no wrong. Good cross from Gunter there, but no one was on the end of it. Er... he overhit it by about 20 yards Dim.

Weak effort sandy.

Go back to finding someone innocent to get stuck into because a player you like gets a bit of stick.

WTF does any of that mean? who's Sandy?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 14:38

Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal
Silver Fox

Weak effort sandy.

Good lord, I'm terribly sorry. Not sure how I thought that post was from sandman... I guess it read like his sort of weak sauce and I wasn't paying attention.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jul 2020 14:42

Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal
Silver Fox

Weak effort sandy.

Ian has pet names for people. All of them are named after Grease characters. I'm Frenchy.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2020 14:44

Old Man Andrews
Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal Weak effort sandy.

Ian has pet names for people. All of them are named after Grease characters. I'm Frenchy.

I'm Rizzo.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jul 2020 14:49

Other people recognising your patterns of behaviour towards certain players indicate my supposed "weak sauce" isn't that weak, Ian.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 14:52

sandman Other people recognising your patterns of behaviour towards certain players indicate my supposed "weak sauce" isn't that weak, Ian.

Boring. Go back to rating shit films an 8 Foxy.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Jul 2020 14:59

That's almost a funny

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 08 Jul 2020 15:02

Silver Fox
The Royal Forester

It was his nickname before he got here, Dellor immediately decided that he didn't deserve it so refused to use it. although tbh I'm impressed when he manages not to call him Tyler Blackett

It may have been his nickname, before he came here. But, how many players with nicknames, before they played for Reading have/were refered by that nickname, instead of their real names during commentaries? I do agree, however, that he could call him Pele at other times. however, I don't recall him using nicknames all that often.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Jul 2020 15:45

Alternative names are not uncommon though are they ?

Ronaldhino springs immediately to mind (only because he's one of the few whose real name I knew)

Those known by first names is becoming a trend as well
Pedro
Neymar
Trent
Allison

Actually, it seems that Brazil is the epicentre

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 16:20

I could be completely wrong on this, but I could swear his shirt used to say Pele.

Might look it up on some highlights, because I feel like I'm losing it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jul 2020 16:27

Franchise FC Alternative names are not uncommon though are they ?

Ronaldhino springs immediately to mind (only because he's one of the few whose real name I knew)

Pedro
Neymar
Trent
Allison

Isn't it traditional for boys to be named after their father over there so they end up taking a nickname to be known by?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2020 16:31

Franchise FC Alternative names are not uncommon though are they ?

Pedro
Neymar
Trent
Allison

Dele Alli is a similar case. Brazilians certainly do love their nicknames.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2020 16:32

Snowflake Royal I could be completely wrong on this, but I could swear his shirt used to say Pele.

Might look it up on some highlights, because I feel like I'm losing it.

For us? I thought he was told he couldn't?

131 posts