Player of the Season

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Player of the Season

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Jul 2020 09:33

NewCorkSeth Had Morrison down as a potential 4th then remembered he had a brief spell of "meh" so just stuck with the main 3.

Swift and Meite have also had spells of "meh" so you'd better discount them as well.

We haven't performed well enough for players to have played well all season so to discount Morrison for one below par spell but not discounting others for the same reason is strange.....

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 14 Jul 2020 09:39

Can't really call any of them player of the season as we have been mediocre at best to be honest. Why bother awarding players for finishing mid table?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jul 2020 09:52

Simmops Can't really call any of them player of the season as we have been mediocre at best to be honest. Why bother awarding players for finishing mid table?

I'd have thought you of all people would be happy with the idea of celebrating mediocrity.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 14 Jul 2020 09:54

Snowflake Royal
Simmops Can't really call any of them player of the season as we have been mediocre at best to be honest. Why bother awarding players for finishing mid table?

I'd have thought you of all people would be happy with the idea of celebrating mediocrity.

Why?

I never settle then anything less then the best. That's why I'm such a great success (hark at borat etc etc)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2020 13:35

Ejaria
Meite
Swift

Special award for Chris Gunter who I think has been tremendous this season given the situation he was put in by previous management.
Last edited by Sutekh on 14 Jul 2020 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jul 2020 13:36

Sutekh Ejaria
Meite
Swift

LOL. Ejaria hasn't really been at it this season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jul 2020 13:38

Sutekh Ejaria
Meite
Swift

Special award for Chris Gunter who I think has been tremendous this season given the situation he was put in by previous management.

Agree about Gunts, I like Ovie a lot but feel he has fallen a bit short since Christmas (after a great start).

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2020 13:43

Generally agree, IMO, this second half of the season has not been good for anyone but the youngsters - Olise, McIntyre and now Osho as well.

Meite is possibly the most consistent over the whole season but I stand by my three nominations.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jul 2020 15:07

Wycombe Royal
NewCorkSeth Had Morrison down as a potential 4th then remembered he had a brief spell of "meh" so just stuck with the main 3.

Swift and Meite have also had spells of "meh" so you'd better discount them as well.

We haven't performed well enough for players to have played well all season so to discount Morrison for one below par spell but not discounting others for the same reason is strange.....

Because their respective "highs" have been higher in my opinion.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jul 2020 19:41

Kind’ve agree that no one player is worthy of any awards this season.

Might as well add Adam and Yiadom to the mix

Gunts (for varying reasons) is worthy of his mentions too

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 15 Jul 2020 07:15

Meite
Morrison / Cabral
Swift

All of these players have had a relatively good season.

The reasons have been mentioned already, but without Meite's goals I think we would have been in big trouble. Morrison and Cabral have been really consistent this season. And, as previously mentioned, Swift has matured a lot. One stand out of Swift's season was his last minute (half) volley against QPR (was it QPR) at home. What a cracking strike! Swift has been unlucky with some of his set pieces as well, but he's got better this season, would be a shame to see him go.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jul 2020 07:49

AthleticoSpizz Kind’ve agree that no one player is worthy of any awards this season.

Might as well add Adam and Yiadom to the mix

Gunts (for varying reasons) is worthy of his mentions too

We are midtable, not bottom of the league and relegated. Think certain supporters need to realise we are a bog standard, midtable Championship side and not anything special. We have found our level this season.The supporters main complaint is the quality of football and excitement value and not where we are in the league, midtable is quite good all things considered. Of course there is a play of the season.....

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Jul 2020 08:08

The keeper and a defender - Morrison.

Who knows and who really cares?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jul 2020 08:46

Franconian Royal Meite
Morrison / Cabral
Swift

All of these players have had a relatively good season.

The reasons have been mentioned already, but without Meite's goals I think we would have been in big trouble. Morrison and Cabral have been really consistent this season. And, as previously mentioned, Swift has matured a lot. One stand out of Swift's season was his last minute (half) volley against QPR (was it QPR) at home. What a cracking strike! Swift has been unlucky with some of his set pieces as well, but he's got better this season, would be a shame to see him go.

The Swift strike was at home v the Fakes on Boxing Day. He scored early in the second half. I think that’s the goal you are referring to.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Jul 2020 21:19

Official POTS

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/j ... n-2019-20/

Voting open til next Tuesday

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jul 2020 21:31

morganb Official POTS

Voted Yaks.
Jnr has gone for Rafael

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jul 2020 21:36

Zip
morganb Official POTS

Voted Yaks.
Jnr has gone for Rafael

Both solid choices.

Got a feeling Swift will win it because a lot of our supporters have no idea about football or what constitutes a good footballer.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jul 2020 23:53

Flipped a coin between Morrison and Rafael and voted Morrison. Both I think have been the most consistent of strong performances over the season

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jul 2020 08:03

morganb Official POTS

I voted Charlie Adam because I got bored and couldn't be arsed to scroll down any further.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jul 2020 08:05

Pepe the Horseman
morganb Official POTS

I voted Charlie Adam because I got bored and couldn't be arsed to scroll down any further.

If out fanbase weren't so apathetic we would have organised ourselves to vote for someone like Adam or someone even lower down the pecking order. Lucas Boye for example.