BFI Follow Middlesborough

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFI Follow Middlesborough

by Westwood52 » 14 Jul 2020 20:21

I am sorry,but we were dreadful again.Yeah I know our final league position will be so much better than previous seasons;but the team have to give us something.Under Bowen we are going absolutely nowhere.2nd half apart from an awkward effort by Morrison we created nothing.We played like a pub team,no control,no conviction and very little skill.
IMHO

Rafa 7 Couple of good saves,no chance on the goals.No wonder I place him POS given the dross in front of him.
Osho 7 TBF had a couple of good moments;but lack of control in their box cost him a goal.
Blackett 6 Started like the Tyler we love,Dozy,but got better.
Morrison 7 Our best chance fell to him 2nd half;just not good enough to take it.But scoring goals on the deck isn’t his job is it.
McIntire 6 Good and bad.One of his better games;but a couple of horrible shanks.
Moore 4 Should never have been asked to play in midfield.Game passed him by,then totally screwed up a chance to clear on their 2nd.
Swift 7 Everybody knows without Ovie he is our only creative player.
Rino 6 Just couldn’t get his game going.
Olise 6 Good and bad as you would expect.Shouldnt have been taken off.
Puskas 6 Without looking particularly threatening,showed some good control.
Meite 5 Missed some reasonable chances.

Masika I don’t think so.
Baldock Just go please.
Obita Ditto
Macca Didn’t do anything.

There is a common theme here.There were only a couple of players who were absolutely bad,but as a team performance there was nothing to feel positive about.Whatever they do in training doesn’t work.A poor manager and inadequate coaching staff.

Ref Not great.Was that a pen their Goalie on Olise ?

We are very short of ability without three key players.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFI Follow Middlesborough

by Zip » 14 Jul 2020 20:35

Same old and so glad I’m not driving to the ground to watch this shit.

Rafael. 6 No chance with the goals. Did ok.
Osho 6 Thought he was ok not his fault they overloaded on his side for the winner
Blackett 5 Nowhere near tight enough on a number of occasions
Morrison 7 MoTM Really solid. He can’t pass for toffee though.
McIntyre 5 Poor positioning for first goal and beaten too easily on occasions
Moore 6 Took his goal well. Generally combative but poor for the match winner
Rinomhota 6 Quiet first half. Better second 45
Swift 6 One or two great moments but too many stray passes
Olise 5 Two good set pieces but too many times he got it wrong
Meite 5 Poor throughout
Puscas 6 Good first half but faded

The subs offered nothing. Baldock needs to go.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2020 20:39

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Jul 2020 20:58

Be little point in restarting the leagues until fans are allowed back in. Just not the same. Feels more like a series of preseason friendlies.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Jul 2020 21:00

Lower West Be little point in restarting the leagues until fans are allowed back in. Just not the same. Feels more like a series of preseason friendlies.

We`ve been shit at home for years, what makes you think fans would make any difference?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Jul 2020 21:18

The youngsters didn`t cover themselves in glory tonight. all pretty much under par.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Jul 2020 21:24

windermereROYAL
Lower West Be little point in restarting the leagues until fans are allowed back in. Just not the same. Feels more like a series of preseason friendlies.

We`ve been shit at home for years, what makes you think fans would make any difference?

Football is dying............

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 14 Jul 2020 21:29

Westwood52 I am sorry,but we were dreadful again.Yeah I know our final league position will be so much better than previous seasons;but the team have to give us something.Under Bowen we are going absolutely nowhere.2nd half apart from an awkward effort by Morrison we created nothing.We played like a pub team,no control,no conviction and very little skill.
IMHO

Rafa 7 Couple of good saves,no chance on the goals.No wonder I place him POS given the dross in front of him.
Osho 7 TBF had a couple of good moments;but lack of control in their box cost him a goal.
Morrison 7 Our best chance fell to him 2nd half;just not good enough to take it.But scoring goals on the deck isn’t his job is it.
McIntire 6 Good and bad.One of his better games;but a couple of horrible shanks.
Moore 4 Should never have been asked to play in midfield.Game passed him by,then totally screwed up a chance to clear on their 2nd.

Masika I don’t think so.
Baldock Just go please.
Obita Ditto

There is a common theme here.There were only a couple of players who were absolutely bad,but as a team performance there was nothing to feel positive about.Whatever they do in training doesn’t work.A poor manager and inadequate coaching staff.

For such a dreadful performance again, I think your marks are very generous. Goalkeeper 6, central defenders 6, full backs 4, midfield 3 created nothing, forwards 2. We are so devoid of attacking intent, pace or ability to pass when playing at home, it’s hopeless. I think that playing away they just try to play on the break, but have no idea how to take the initiative at home. Olise has come down to the standard of the rest of the dross.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 14 Jul 2020 21:50

windermereROYAL

Maybe then I would give a shit about these games. Seriously, what is the point?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Jul 2020 22:42

Bristol Paul
Westwood52 I am sorry,but we were dreadful again.Yeah I know our final league position will be so much better than previous seasons;but the team have to give us something.Under Bowen we are going absolutely nowhere.2nd half apart from an awkward effort by Morrison we created nothing.We played like a pub team,no control,no conviction and very little skill.
IMHO

Masika I don’t think so.
Baldock Just go please.
Obita Ditto

For such a dreadful performance again, I think your marks are very generous. Goalkeeper 6, central defenders 6, full backs 4, midfield 3 created nothing, forwards 2. We are so devoid of attacking intent, pace or ability to pass when playing at home, it’s hopeless. I think that playing away they just try to play on the break, but have no idea how to take the initiative at home. Olise has come down to the standard of the rest of the dross.

Give Olise a break. Needs time to adapt to football at this level. Same as the other youngsters. Better to have a young team than one full of has beens. Which is has been the case for far too long.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jul 2020 22:53

Sorry but we were just shit.

Moore in CDM?

No Ejaria?

We've not been the same without him.

Ok so it doesn't matter that much in midtable and it's important to experiment with players but I'd have thought you'd want to build a team around your stars ready for next season.

Big plus as ever: Osho.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 Jul 2020 23:05

oxf*rd me reading this is depressing :lol:

It was awful - but we’ve just come off the back of 3 clean sheets. There’s a vast improvement in this side to 12 months ago, whatever way you wish to look at it.

This season our problem is that we simply do not create enough at home. We would be in the promotion race otherwise.

Our well overhyped midfield aren’t doing enough in the final third at the mad stad. And unfortunately, Bowen is on a hiding if he drops any of them too.

We do not play to the strikers strengths and admittedly we should have worked this out by now. But We need to give Bowen the summer to put his spin on things as he’s completely turned the team around.

Funny that the most critical tonight were also wetting themselves with joy last week at Luton.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jul 2020 23:13

royalp-we oxf*rd me reading this is depressing :lol:

It was awful - but we’ve just come off the back of 3 clean sheets. There’s a vast improvement in this side to 12 months ago, whatever way you wish to look at it.

This season our problem is that we simply do not create enough at home. We would be in the promotion race otherwise.

Our well overhyped midfield aren’t doing enough in the final third at the mad stad. And unfortunately, Bowen is on a hiding if he drops any of them too.

We do not play to the strikers strengths and admittedly we should have worked this out by now. But We need to give Bowen the summer to put his spin on things as he’s completely turned the team around.

Funny that the most critical tonight were also wetting themselves with joy last week at Luton.

Yeah Luton was great. No one is complaining about our away form. In case you hadn’t noticed our home form is pitiful and it was more of the same tonight for the umpteenth time.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 14 Jul 2020 23:19

It would have been intriguing what would have happened if we had stayed with Gomez.Gomez wanted us to play like Barcelona,but he just didn’t acquire the players to play like Barcelona.Maybe that wasn’t his fault,maybe he wanted to play around Baker.But it was always pretty clear that Baker was not available.At least it was very clear what system and style Gomez wanted.
We now have Bowen,and I for one have not got a clue what in terms of playing style he is trying to achieve.To be effective Puscas and Meite need quick ball played into space;yet Swift and Ejaria and to a lesser extent Olise slow the ball down and try to create opportunities by being clever on the ball.So we have a front two totally at odds with their midfield.
Would we have gone down with Gomez .Most supporters think so.Bowens great achievement is keeping us up;but there is a nagging thought that next seasons performances will be just as bad as this.We are going nowhere like this.Yet if Gomez had taken us down it would have been a disaster;even if over time he had created something.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 Jul 2020 23:46

Laughable. There is certainly some direction, hence our mid table position. Gomes wasn’t intriguing, We most certainly would have gone down with Gomes, how short is our supporters memories :lol:

He got the summer and a good transfer purse and we struggled to get above 20th ffs. Confident in saying we’d be far worse off if that fraud was still in charge

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jul 2020 07:52

Westwood52 It would have been intriguing what would have happened if we had stayed with Gomez.Gomez wanted us to play like Barcelona,but he just didn’t acquire the players to play like Barcelona.Maybe that wasn’t his fault,maybe he wanted to play around Baker.But it was always pretty clear that Baker was not available.At least it was very clear what system and style Gomez wanted.
We now have Bowen,and I for one have not got a clue what in terms of playing style he is trying to achieve.To be effective Puscas and Meite need quick ball played into space;yet Swift and Ejaria and to a lesser extent Olise slow the ball down and try to create opportunities by being clever on the ball.So we have a front two totally at odds with their midfield.
Would we have gone down with Gomez .Most supporters think so.Bowens great achievement is keeping us up;but there is a nagging thought that next seasons performances will be just as bad as this.We are going nowhere like this.Yet if Gomez had taken us down it would have been a disaster;even if over time he had created something.

*Gomes

How do you get the most basic things wrong? How is it even possible?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Jul 2020 07:57

royalp-we Laughable. There is certainly some direction, hence our mid table position. Gomes wasn’t intriguing, We most certainly would have gone down with Gomes, how short is our supporters memories :lol:

He got the summer and a good transfer purse and we struggled to get above 20th ffs. Confident in saying we’d be far worse off if that fraud was still in charge

Not sure what youre laughing at.

The performance was terrible. We still don’t seem to have a way of playing or at least an effective one.

Defence has improved but we need Rino plus Pele/ANO defensive midfielder to shield.

That leaves a midfield that just isn’t working well. The amount of times that a square ball should have been played to a man in space instead it went back. We don’t pass it quick enough and we sit back.

In the final third we don’t get nearly enough balls in the box and we appear to want 5 touches.

Puscas is the wrong player for this system. He needs a partner.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2020 08:11

We all finished wetting the bed yet?

Cabral - 7 couple of good saves.
Osho - 6 ok
Blackett - 6 ok
Morrison - 7 quality
McIntyre - 6 less good game
Moore - 6 not even remotely a midfielder
Rinomhota - 6 subdued
Swift - 5 too slow and wayward for too much of the game, should be running the show
Olise - 6 great engine, trying most the right things but getting it wrong too often - that's what you get with young players, valuable experience
Meite - 6 didn't really get much
Puscas - 7 much better hold up play and work rate

Masika - 5 all pace no ideas
Baldock - 4 he just doesn't really add anything
Obita - 5 not the player he was
McCleary - 5 same, worth a start except he's leaving

We very much look like a team who doesn't know how to attack or how it will attack and our crossing is pretty terrible, as is our desire and ability to get into dangerous positions in the box.

Look forward to Bowen building something over the summer, shifting deadwood and putting more of his stamp on us. He's done a great job with the defence and away record. Home and attack now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jul 2020 08:17

Snowflake Royal We all finished wetting the bed yet?

Cabral - 7 couple of good saves.
Osho - 6 ok
Blackett - 6 ok
Morrison - 7 quality
McIntyre - 6 less good game
Moore - 6 not even remotely a midfielder
Rinomhota - 6 subdued
Swift - 5 too slow and wayward for too much of the game, should be running the show
Olise - 6 great engine, trying most the right things but getting it wrong too often - that's what you get with young players, valuable experience
Meite - 6 didn't really get much
Puscas - 7 much better hold up play and work rate

Masika - 5 all pace no ideas
Baldock - 4 he just doesn't really add anything
Obita - 5 not the player he was
McCleary - 5 same, worth a start except he's leaving

We very much look like a team who doesn't know how to attack or how it will attack and our crossing is pretty terrible, as is our desire and ability to get into dangerous positions in the box.

Look forward to Bowen building something over the summer, shifting deadwood and putting more of his stamp on us. He's done a great job with the defence and away record. Home and attack now.

Really need to stop agreeing with you.

Attacking wise we need a massive overhaul in the way we do it, if not in personnel. This mini season really doesn't offer the time to do that. Hopefully the August break will.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 15 Jul 2020 08:33

A very flat performance and probably one we will see for the next two games as well now that our season is done. For me it did feel like every player just wanted to give the ball to Swift and didn’t take it on themselves to be creative, full backs didn’t want to cross it and no one ever fancied a shot from distance. We just became a bit predictable.

I felt we would lose the game as soon as we started making subs, we don’t have any players on the bench who can come on and make an impact on the game. Obita and McCleary come on and play out wide and don’t even put a cross in the box as for Masika he is really fast but that’s about it. Too many players want to make the easy pass backwards in the final 3rd rather than be creative.

None of the youngsters covered themselves in glory either today but they will probably learn more from a match like today than a 5 nil win against Luton.

With everyone fit we have a good 11 that can compete with most of the league but when injuries pile up it really shows our overall squad weakness.

Final point I wish we had some of Boro’s crossing ability, think our strikers would thrive on that.