Osho - best crosser of the ball at the club. Discuss.

125 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Osho - best crosser of the ball at the club. Discuss.

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2020 15:20

Old Man Andrews
Mid Sussex Royal He'll get a few games in a league one club, who else will sign him?

He's taken a huge risk in the current climate and is being poorly advised, probably got the same agent as Loader

I'd say he has been advised just fine, we have tried to stuff him on the wages and his agent has got him a better deal elsewhere. No way he would leave for the sake of leaving at this point in his career, must have something lined up. Such a shame we are losing him.

My understanding is we originally offered him a reduced deal (which was understandable, he’d not done anything to earn in improvement)
That was withdrawn and replaced by an improved deal on the basis of his recent cameos.
I’m not sure how you can ‘stuff’ someone on wages. You make them an offer, they accept, reject or negotiate. If he thinks he can get more elsewhere good luck. But he says he is leaving because he wants to play which is hardly leaving for the sake of it. At his age it is a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2020 15:23

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Mid Sussex Royal He'll get a few games in a league one club, who else will sign him?

He's taken a huge risk in the current climate and is being poorly advised, probably got the same agent as Loader

I'd say he has been advised just fine, we have tried to stuff him on the wages and his agent has got him a better deal elsewhere. No way he would leave for the sake of leaving at this point in his career, must have something lined up. Such a shame we are losing him.

My understanding is we originally offered him a reduced deal (which was understandable, he’d not done anything to earn in improvement)
That was withdrawn and replaced by an improved deal on the basis of his recent cameos.
I’m not sure how you can ‘stuff’ someone on wages. You make them an offer, they accept, reject or negotiate. If he thinks he can get more elsewhere good luck. But he says he is leaving because he wants to play which is hardly leaving for the sake of it. At his age it is a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do.

If we pay him a decent wage he stays, quite simple. Not sure why you need that explaining to you. We offered him a shite deal, plain and simple.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 15:36

I guess you have a direct line to him then OMA and have seen the deal and assurances we gave him?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Aug 2020 15:38

I agree with both sides.

We obviously offered him a relatively shite deal, and I'm not too pleased about it. We now will have no cover for Yiadom right? Some would suggest he starts ahead of Yiadom anyway. So yeah that bit is probably certainly true, unless his agent is being unreasonable.

But I also feel Osho has screwed up here. In the current situation you just want to make sure you have security, and where better than the club that produced you, respects and values you, fans love you, has given you first team experience in the champ, which you have done very well in, with only one person ahead of you... possibly even an equal battle. If he turns out to be a very good player and our finances improve of course he'd have every reason to ask for a pay rise and we'd be stupid to decline it for fear of losing him/ruining his morale. It's not like players sign a contract and are then stuck on it. I just hope for his sake he has a decent agent who has lined up a very decent alternative where he's either a guaranteed starter or is on much bigger bucks or both.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 15:41

Millsy We now will have no cover for Yiadom right? Some would suggest he starts ahead of Yiadom anyway.

We still have Watson and I don't think there is anyone suggesting that he would start ahead of Yiadom :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 15:53

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews I'd say he has been advised just fine, we have tried to stuff him on the wages and his agent has got him a better deal elsewhere. No way he would leave for the sake of leaving at this point in his career, must have something lined up. Such a shame we are losing him.

If we pay him a decent wage he stays, quite simple. Not sure why you need that explaining to you. We offered him a shite deal, plain and simple.

Here we go. Lord Arsehole of Pompousclyde is back to tell everyone they're stupid and he knows everything.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 15:54

Hendo
Millsy We now will have no cover for Yiadom right? Some would suggest he starts ahead of Yiadom anyway.

We still have Watson and I don't think there is anyone suggesting that he would start ahead of Yiadom :|

And Araruna.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Aug 2020 15:55

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Here we go. Lord Arsehole of Pompousclyde is back to tell everyone they're stupid and he knows everything.

If I'm the lord then what does that make you? God? King? Crown Prince? Chief Bellend?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Aug 2020 15:56

Oh well. Good luck to him, hope he goes the Dickie, Copper and Stacey root and gets the game time he's looking for.

He's certainly backed himself in these difficult times.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 15:56

Snowflake Royal
Hendo

And Araruna.

And Rino, but we obviously don't want him playing there. But if it was for one or two games, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 15:58

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

And Araruna.

And Rino, but we obviously don't want him playing there. But if it was for one or two games, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I don't like that, and I'd try to avoid it at all costs, but I can't fault it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 15:59

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Snowflake Royal And Araruna.

I don't like that, and I'd try to avoid it at all costs, but I can't fault it.

Yeah, I am talking worst case scenario here.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2020 16:13

Are people really getting their knickers in a twist because a squad player is leaving?

He did well in his few games but had been dropped again. In a normal season, he would never have had a chance and would have just been a name on the released list.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 16:24

Modern world innit stranded.

You're nothing until someone sees you and thinks you might be something, at which point you're the bestest thing possible, and then later when you don't live up to ridiculous expectations you're nothing and always have been shit.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Aug 2020 17:14

Snowflake Royal
Hendo

And Araruna.

Ok that's fair. I had overlooked both Watson and Araruna (I can't remember is he a loan or permanent signing) .

But in any case my tongue-in-cheek comment was that we now have no crossers of the ball having lost Osho, Obita and Blackett.

Of course that doesn't mean we should have paid over the odds for Osho's wages as we weren't exactly goign to use him on the wing, but I hope this problem is going to be addressed.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 03 Aug 2020 17:32

Big shame this - liked the look of him at rb

So at present, we have no back up rb or lb!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 17:42

Notts Royal Big shame this - liked the look of him at rb

Sigh.

Araruna and Watson.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2020 17:52

Snowflake Royal

Sigh.

Araruna and Watson.

It’s bizarre, we’re barely into the close season and people are worried we don’t have more than a couple of back up options at full back !
I suspect Bowen has spotted this, Imsuspect it will be extremely easy to sign a couple of spare full backs (maybe not Primiership quality but there are going to be a lot of out of work footballers this summer who will probably not be asking for daft money.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Aug 2020 17:53

Has anyone mentioned we have Araruna and Watson as back up right backs yet?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Aug 2020 17:55

I liked the look of him at centre back. A shame to see him go.

125 posts