MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h) sponsored by Andy Legg & Jason Bowen

216 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h) sponsored by Andy Legg & Jason Bowen

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2020 21:46

Sutekh Out of interest anyone got the final Championship table since MB took over?

Not sure how you'll get that but I do know we have something like 13 points from 42

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 Jul 2020 21:47

I may be the only one but we need to keep Bowen. He has inherited a crock of shit from previous managers and he needs an opportunity to build his team. Give him till Christmas. Tonight was not him it was the players how do you motivate a group of players who don’t have a job tomorrow.

I think you are all overreacting. Untwist you’re knickers and get behind our manager and our team.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2020 21:47

Snowball We had 19 shots, 6 on target playing 50 minutes with ten men
against a side which made the play-offs.

This game made me feel good about next season.

2 of those on target shots were from Olise and McCleary, both were hit at a snails pace directly at the keeper. The definition of "he could have thrown his cap on it".

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jul 2020 21:47

Snowball What is wrong with you lot?

That was a very good Swansea side and we were a man short.

Apart from the first few minutes, I thought we were great

Olise is a fantastic player

I think Olise has a lot of potential but we are expecting way too much of him. He's been poor since the season resumed in all honesty like the rest of the squad.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 21:48

Posting in bold doesn't make you any more right.

You are totally and utterly deluded.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Jul 2020 21:49

After reading the pants wetters comments on Twitter, I’m hoping for a balanced opinion on here lol. How did we play?

I mean Swansea always batter us at home anyway so it was to be expected!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2020 21:50

Old Man Andrews

Posting in bold doesn't make you any more right.

You are totally and utterly deluded.

He failed to mention it was against a team who opened the game up because they needed goals. If he thinks we are gonna get a game like that every week, your right....he's deluded.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jul 2020 21:50

NewCorkSeth

2 of those on target shots were from Olise and McCleary, both were hit at a snails pace directly at the keeper. The definition of "he could have thrown his cap on it".

Exactly - they were embarrassing. Keeper could've gone for a water break and still got back in time to collect the ball! Snowball is clearly very easily impressed. He will doubtless find some stats to excuse Bowen's abysmal home record.

As for against a side which made the play-offs - that only happened because we were so shyte today as usual.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2020 21:51

Notts Royal After reading the pants wetters comments on Twitter, I’m hoping for a balanced opinion on here lol. How did we play?

Some really good spells with some really lacklustre defending thrown in. Rafael was pretty poor, Gunter surprisingly good, Richards pretty poor, Puscas surprisingly good and Olise probably came out looking the best.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jul 2020 21:51

Bowen OUT

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 21:52

Sick of certain posters acting like criticising the manager is completely unreasonable. We are supporters and have the right to pass judgement. The majority now want change and don't believe in Bowen, we can't all be wrong.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jul 2020 21:53

Old Man Andrews
genome To be honest I could well see the owners moving Bowen back upstairs but something irks me about sacking a manager without a full transfer window and pre-season, and frankly I'm sick of sacking managers

If we were losing with some kind of fight and passion or losing but playing nice football and creating chances I'd be fine with Bowen being given the summer but we aren't, not even close.

It's difficult because for the last three games of the season, we were on the beach. You might blame Bowen for not getting them up for a fight, but even so those are dead rubber matches with a squad where a significant chunk of them will be off following the last game. Bowen had already done the job asked of him.

Unless a standout candidate becomes available then I don't see the benefit in chopping and changing again.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 21:55

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome To be honest I could well see the owners moving Bowen back upstairs but something irks me about sacking a manager without a full transfer window and pre-season, and frankly I'm sick of sacking managers

If we were losing with some kind of fight and passion or losing but playing nice football and creating chances I'd be fine with Bowen being given the summer but we aren't, not even close.

It's difficult because for the last three games of the season, we were on the beach. You might blame Bowen for not getting them up for a fight, but even so those are dead rubber matches with a squad where a significant chunk of them will be off following the last game. Bowen had already done the job asked of him.

Unless a standout candidate becomes available then I don't see the benefit in chopping and changing again.

Bring back Nigel Adkins. He has experience of working within a tight budget at Hull City and did a great job with them. Positive man.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jul 2020 21:57

Lovely to help feck up Forest season though, but to be fair losing 4-1 to Stoke had a massive influence, payback time for 2014.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2020 21:57

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

Bring back Nigel Adkins. He has experience of working within a tight budget at Hull City and did a great job with them. Positive man.

Cowley brothers? If they want a more stable, better run club than Huddersfield we could be perfect!

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Jul 2020 21:57

NewCorkSeth
Notts Royal After reading the pants wetters comments on Twitter, I’m hoping for a balanced opinion on here lol. How did we play?

Some really good spells with some really lacklustre defending thrown in. Rafael was pretty poor, Gunter surprisingly good, Richards pretty poor, Puscas surprisingly good and Olise probably came out looking the best.

Sounds like standard Reading then. Talented players but lacking in consistency...when will that ever change!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jul 2020 21:58

NewCorkSeth

Same. Absolutely with you on that. Posted about it earlier today. I get the complaints about performances and lack of identity and even that it seems we play without any sort of plan but we can't keep sacking over and over again can we?

Do you know what the problem is. It is Bowen's but it's also far deeper than that. It's the people who hire people who aren't up to their job.

What is our actual strategy when we hire a manager? is it style of play? is it something else? we just seem to hire completely random managers and hope they come good. We have no ethos, the Reading way is long gone. We just seem to plum for poor and inexperienced people.

We are rubbish at scouting players as well. How do we identify players and management?

Remember when we were linked with Luis Castro via Kia Joorabchian? then hired Jose Gomes via him! In my opinion our reliance on him from the owners is the problem, We clearly have no real proper 'football' people at Reading FC. Nigel Howe played a part in our rise to the Premier League but he's not a football man. He's a property man.

We need someone at the top who has experience running a championship club and can stamp an ethos on the club.

This is our problem. That is why we are shit.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 22 Jul 2020 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 21:58

WestYorksRoyal
Old Man Andrews
genome

Cowley brothers? If they want a more stable, better run club than Huddersfield we could be perfect!

Would take the Chuckle Brothers over Mark Bowen.... And one of them is fcuking dead!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Jul 2020 22:00

Old Man Andrews
WestYorksRoyal
Old Man Andrews Bring back Nigel Adkins. He has experience of working within a tight budget at Hull City and did a great job with them. Positive man.

Would take the Chuckle Brothers over Mark Bowen.... And one of them is fcuking dead!

Training sessions would be a laugh at least.

"to me. To me. To me. To me. To me. To me. To you."

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jul 2020 22:01

comedy gold

216 posts