MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h) sponsored by Andy Legg & Jason Bowen

216 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h) sponsored by Andy Legg & Jason Bowen

by Simmops » 22 Jul 2020 22:02

genome comedy gold

It isn't really. Watching Reading is though!

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 Jul 2020 22:02

Ascotexgunner
Sutekh Out of interest anyone got the final Championship table since MB took over?

Not sure how you'll get that but I do know we have something like 13 points from 42

49 from 35 I believe not amazing but still not the worst

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2020 22:04

Royal_jimmy
NewCorkSeth
genome To be honest I could well see the owners moving Bowen back upstairs but something irks me about sacking a manager without a full transfer window and pre-season, and frankly I'm sick of sacking managers

Same. Absolutely with you on that. Posted about it earlier today. I get the complaints about performances and lack of identity and even that it seems we play without any sort of plan but we can't keep sacking over and over again can we?

Do you know what the problem is. It is Bowen's but it's also far deeper than that. It's the people who hire people who aren't up to their job.

What is our actual strategy when we hire a manager? is it style of play? is it something else? we just seem to hire completely random managers and hope they come good. We have no ethos, the Reading way is long gone. We just seem to plum for poor and inexperienced people.

Yep. You nailed it. And they will probably make the same mistake again.
I just don't understand why they have it in their heads to ignore available managers with experience and a decent CV.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jul 2020 22:05

Ascotexgunner
Royal_jimmy
NewCorkSeth Same. Absolutely with you on that. Posted about it earlier today. I get the complaints about performances and lack of identity and even that it seems we play without any sort of plan but we can't keep sacking over and over again can we?

Do you know what the problem is. It is Bowen's but it's also far deeper than that. It's the people who hire people who aren't up to their job.

What is our actual strategy when we hire a manager? is it style of play? is it something else? we just seem to hire completely random managers and hope they come good. We have no ethos, the Reading way is long gone. We just seem to plum for poor and inexperienced people.

I just don't understand why they have it in their heads to ignore available managers with experience and a decent CV.

Maybe these managers don’t want to come and manage us? Just a thought.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 22:08

Hendo
Ascotexgunner
Royal_jimmy

Not true in the case of Ainsworth. Was interviewed, wanted the job but missed out to Jose Gomes. Shocking decision by the club.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2020 22:11

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Ascotexgunner

Not true in the case of Ainsworth. Was interviewed, wanted the job but missed out to Jose Gomes. Shocking decision by the club.

Oh god Wycombe are going to finish above us next season arent they..

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2020 22:12

Hendo
Ascotexgunner
Royal_jimmy

Or maybe we went asking them and looking for cheap options whilst p+ssing money up the wall on crocks like João.
And as said above Ainsworth would have come and we ended up with a fake Mourinho.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 22 Jul 2020 22:15

Snowball We had 19 shots, 6 on target playing 50 minutes with ten men
against a side which made the play-offs.

This game made me feel good about next season.

Really a 1-4 spineless home defeat gives you cause for hope. Are u for real?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jul 2020 22:38

Old Man Andrews Sick of certain posters acting like criticising the manager is completely unreasonable. We are supporters and have the right to pass judgement. The majority now want change and don't believe in Bowen, we can't all be wrong.

Exactly. I think Bowen does deserve criticism. Although I'd pass that criticism to the players and owners too

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jul 2020 22:38

Old Man Andrews Sick of certain posters acting like criticising the manager is completely unreasonable. We are supporters and have the right to pass judgement. The majority now want change and don't believe in Bowen, we can't all be wrong.

Exactly. I think Bowen does deserve criticism. Although I'd pass that criticism to the players and owners too

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Jul 2020 23:58

12 home defeats is a new club record, isn't it?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Jul 2020 00:44

Franconian Royal Thought Swansea did a job on us second half. We looked fine until the their second goal and then we fell to pieces.

Swift looked like he's going, which is a real shame, but I would understand that he wants to go and prove himself in the Prem. Only real shining performances were Olise who was amazing. I'd not be surprised if a bigger team came looking for him. If I were the owners I'd sort the future of Bowen out ASAP. If we can keep Swift, I'd build my midfield around him, Olise and Ejaria.

I'd let Moore go, he was tosh tonight and looks like his head has been turned. I don't understand why he was playing at DM, because the game passed him by so much.

If someone could post up the post-match interview, I'd be grateful for that.

Was a 5-3-2, so Moore was at CB, not DM

He just doesn’t know what he’s doing without Joao up top. Been dire since Fulham

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Jul 2020 00:46

Old Man Andrews
genome To be honest I could well see the owners moving Bowen back upstairs but something irks me about sacking a manager without a full transfer window and pre-season, and frankly I'm sick of sacking managers

If we were losing with some kind of fight and passion or losing but playing nice football and creating chances I'd be fine with Bowen being given the summer but we aren't, not even close.

The thing is when you play such a defensive style, you can get away with it whilst picking up points. Trouble is, once you start losing, it’s the worst of both worlds, awful performances and no results

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 23 Jul 2020 06:54

All this talk about wanting Ainsworth. You do realise that it would be like watching Branfoot style football. :roll:
Wouldn’t need Ejaria or Swift (Or any midfielders come to think of it) .

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Jul 2020 07:48

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

If we were losing with some kind of fight and passion or losing but playing nice football and creating chances I'd be fine with Bowen being given the summer but we aren't, not even close.

The thing is when you play such a defensive style, you can get away with it whilst picking up points. Trouble is, once you start losing, it’s the worst of both worlds, awful performances and no results

I don't think we are that defensive. We are just rubbish at attacking. Creativity has been a problem for years.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Jul 2020 09:44

tmesis
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

I don't think we are that defensive. We are just rubbish at attacking. Creativity has been a problem for years.

Funnily enough we created a bagful of chances last night, even before when the game became stretched. Some of the finishing was absolutely powder puff.

216 posts