Season 20/21

928 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season 20/21

by Hendo » 01 Oct 2020 10:28

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Decision to let Howe go is looking pretty questionable again.

Between end of last season and our two RB injuries he could easily have amassed a decent number of appearances by Xmas.

Howe is League One standard - would offer up more about him and players view, but wont be getting into that debate. He added nothing to positive team performance.

Not sure if he is injured or not, but not been involved with any Blackpool squad yet this season.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Oct 2020 10:32

Hendo
paultheroyal

Between end of last season and our two RB injuries he could easily have amassed a decent number of appearances by Xmas.

Howe is League One standard - would offer up more about him and players view, but wont be getting into that debate. He added nothing to positive team performance.

Not sure if he is injured or not, but not been involved with any Blackpool squad yet this season.

Bombed out the squad, not in manager's plans, fans think he is "bang average", "accident waiting to happen" - But hey - he's in our resident experts first 11 !!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2020 10:37

paultheroyal
Hendo
paultheroyal

Bombed out the squad, not in manager's plans, fans think he is "bang average", "accident waiting to happen" - But hey - he's in our resident experts first 11 !!

:D :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2020 12:16

paultheroyal

He didn't look remotely out of place when I saw him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2020 12:18

#Expert

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Oct 2020 12:53

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

I’d agree, in his brief first team outings and with the U23 he looked perfectly competent.
Saying some one is ‘League 1 standard’ is a meaningless sound bite.
I reckon Paul is alluding to some kind of off the pitch issue, and I have no idea if that is accurate or not.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2020 12:57

bit sad tbh and of course happens all the time in footy. Hopefully he can fight his way back in if he has been dropped. From the bits I saw I always quite liked him

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Oct 2020 13:19

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

I’d agree, in his brief first team outings and with the U23 he looked perfectly competent.
I reckon Paul is alluding to some kind of off the pitch issue, and I have no idea if that is accurate or not.

He only made 6 apps for us. 2 of which were against the side we sold him too and who's mstchday squad he fails to get in to. Struggling to categorise his sale as a mistake.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Oct 2020 13:30

Stranded
Nameless
Snowflake Royal He didn't look remotely out of place when I saw him.

He only made 6 apps for us. 2 of which were against the side we sold him too and who's mstchday squad he fails to get in to. Struggling to categorise his sale as a mistake.

Indeed, although that is applying significant hindsight.
It’s not contradictory to say he looked a perfectly capable player, and indeed a player who had improved significantly, and also not feel allowing him to leave was wrong...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Oct 2020 13:39

Hound bit sad tbh and of course happens all the time in footy. Hopefully he can fight his way back in if he has been dropped. From the bits I saw I always quite liked him

Reading the Blackpool forum, they had to name a 22 man squad for the season and Howe didn't make the cut so his only way of fighting his way back will be going out on loan. The suggestion being that he's not very good defensively and not strong enough physically.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Oct 2020 13:54

Stranded
Nameless

Perhaps the issue should be reversed - his asking to leave could be seen as a mistake in hindsight !

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Oct 2020 14:11

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

League 1 eyes spots League 1 talent - I get that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2020 15:41

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

I think Paul is alluding to being 'unashamedly itk' about Academy gossip that's been alleged on here before that Teddy got special treatment because of his relation with Nigel.

A bit tragic really.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Oct 2020 15:48

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

I think Paul is alluding to being 'unashamedly itk' about Academy gossip that's been alleged on here before that Teddy got special treatment because of his relation with Nigel.

A bit tragic really.

The only thing tragic was your original post backed up not only with performances on the pitch but the fact he cant make the 22 at Blackpool, Blackpool ffs.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2020 15:49

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

A bit tragic really.

The only thing tragic was your original post backed up not only with performances on the pitch but the fact he cant make the 22 at Blackpool, Blackpool ffs.

Ian holds qualifications in League 1 and what it takes to play in League 1, think he'd know.....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Oct 2020 16:35

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

A bit tragic really.

You can’t be referring to performances on the pitch for us.
The stuff about preferential treatment was always unfair, never heard any of it from players but certainly it was an easy stick to beat NH with in the days when he wasn’t popular with some fans.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2020 17:23

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

A bit tragic really.

You seem to have some sort of axe to grind.

You might want to take your hormone replacement meds, you're clearly getting a bit hysterical Paul.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2020 17:27

Ian can't debate with a football expert and has to be insulting, he lacks the knowledge to argue a point.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2020 17:35

You're pushing your luck with this OMA. I'm getting tired of you constantly following me around and being offensive and belittling.

Pack it in. Now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2020 17:36

You offend and belittle everyone you interact with, you just did it to Paul because he disagrees with you.

928 posts