Season 20/21

928 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Season 20/21

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Oct 2020 08:06

Paunovic wins the Championship "Manager of the Month" award.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Oct 2020 09:05

linkenholtroyal Osho seems to have gone to Salford, played (and scored) for there reserves last night.

There were people convinced he would get a few Championship offers after a handful of decent performances at the end of last seasosn, I know I said at the time he would end up at League One at the best, if he does sign for Salford I think he'll do very well at that level.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Oct 2020 09:05

tidus_mi2
linkenholtroyal Osho seems to have gone to Salford, played (and scored) for there reserves last night.

There were people convinced he would get a few Championship offers after a handful of decent performances at the end of last seasosn, I know I said at the time he would end up at League One at the best, if he does sign for Salford I think he'll do very well at that level.

:arrow: Ex-players thread

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 09 Oct 2020 09:07

Old Man Andrews Paunovic wins the Championship "Manager of the Month" award.

Kiss of death :o

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 09 Oct 2020 11:08

tidus_mi2

I thought his problem was the value of contract?

Did Salford offer more than Reading?

(Unless he sold his house..)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Oct 2020 12:00

SouthDownsRoyal

It's not like we've already lost the last 7 games against Middlesbrough.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 09 Oct 2020 12:12

Have we ever had a home game after the international breaks? I seem to recall it's always a long trip like Middlesborough every time. :roll:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Oct 2020 13:33

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Oct 2020 14:25

Rusty royal Have we ever had a home game after the international breaks? I seem to recall it's always a long trip like Middlesborough every time. :roll:

Three games after the international break last season, yes one was Middlesbrough (a) :lol:

Other two were a trip to Brentford and a home game with Preston

The previous season to that Reading had 2 games at home (Millwall and Preston) and 2 away (Preston and Wigan)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Oct 2020 16:04

WoodleyRoyal paunovic interview with Sky sports

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... s-and-more

comes over well and an interesting chap

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 09 Oct 2020 17:30

WoodleyRoyal paunovic interview with Sky sports

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... s-and-more

Thank you that was a good read.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 09 Oct 2020 19:07

tidus_mi2
SouthDownsRoyal

It's not like we've already lost the last 7 games against Middlesbrough.

We haven't played them in our last 7 games. HTH

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 09 Oct 2020 19:29

The more I read these interviews the more puzzled I get to working out why Paunovic did so badly in the MLS, he was seen as someone who added to the problems Chicago Fire had rather than improved their problems. Either he was the worst possible fit for them or that there’s a major problem in his game we are unaware about. Doesn’t seem particularly obvious what that problem is so far, so I hope it’s the former.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Oct 2020 19:38

TiagoIlori The more I read these interviews the more puzzled I get to working out why Paunovic did so badly in the MLS, he was seen as someone who added to the problems Chicago Fire had rather than improved their problems. Either he was the worst possible fit for them or that there’s a major problem in his game we are unaware about. Doesn’t seem particularly obvious what that problem is so far, so I hope it’s the former.

Why did Brendan Rodgers only fail here? It sometimes just happens, add to that, it was his first full management role after Serbia U20s. Despite the average record he was still well liked at Chicago Fire.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Oct 2020 19:48

tidus_mi2
TiagoIlori The more I read these interviews the more puzzled I get to working out why Paunovic did so badly in the MLS, he was seen as someone who added to the problems Chicago Fire had rather than improved their problems. Either he was the worst possible fit for them or that there’s a major problem in his game we are unaware about. Doesn’t seem particularly obvious what that problem is so far, so I hope it’s the former.

Why did Brendan Rodgers only fail here? It sometimes just happens, add to that, it was his first full management role after Serbia U20s. Despite the average record he was still well liked at Chicago Fire.

It’s almost like there is some kind of learning process involved in being a manager.....

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 09 Oct 2020 19:56

Nameless
tidus_mi2

It’s almost like there is some kind of learning process involved in being a manager.....

Brendon Rodgers was sacked by December whilst Paunovic was given 4 years at Chicago Fire bit of a difference...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 09 Oct 2020 20:31

Nameless
tidus_mi2

Now you’re just being silly...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Oct 2020 20:46

You learn best by failing so they say, Rodgers did a hell of a lot of learning here. Not that he showed any sign of it until afterwards.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Oct 2020 21:06

As much as the Fire fans hate to admit it, their problems lie far deeper than the manager. They finished 3rd in 2017 under Pauno, their highest finish since 2012. They are currently 11th in a division of 14.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Oct 2020 22:55

royalp-we

As much as the Fire fans hate to admit it, their problems lie far deeper than the manager. They finished 3rd in 2017 under Pauno, their highest finish since 2012. They are currently 11th in a division of 14.

Looking at it, seems like he had 2 bad seasons, 1 good season, and 1 mediocre season. If we're getting his 1 in 4 good season, that will do me, he'll never be here long enough to give us 2 bad seasons as well.

928 posts