End of season ratings

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: End of season ratings

by paultheroyal » 06 Aug 2020 10:55

Westwood52 Rafael 6 Few major howlers;but that nagging feeling that he should have saved a few.Poor short and long kicks;a constant problem.

Yids 7 When he played.Season ruined by two major injuries.Physical and aggressive ,but lacking in finesse.A good buy however.
Gunter 6 After a couple of poor previous seasons,was back to average this season.Standing off his winger still a problem.
Osho 7 Very promising.
Obita 5 Still a good crosser;but two bad injuries have left him unable to put in much of an influence in games.
Richards 6 Targeted early season,then hit good form;then dropped off post lockdown.
Blackett 6 Better,but still prone to lapses of concentration.
Moore 5 Bit iffy really.Had his moments,then let himself down.
Miazga 5 Bad injury,stupid sending off.More influential last year.
Morrison 6 Started with three or four goals against him,but was reasonably solid thereafter.Limited mobility however.
McIntire 5 Great against Luton,but needs to beef up over the break,too easily bossed.
Rino 6 Started with second season syndrome,but then got back into it as the season progressed.Limited however,but strong at driving at the opposition.
Pele 6 Again injury ruined season.Some games he did look top class.Sorry to see him go.
Swift 6 TBF he kept offering himself when he was completely off his game.I really don’t think he is good enough for the Prem.
Ejaria 6 There is a great player in there somewhere,but he needs to be more consistent and find a pass rather than try to beat the third man.We are so much more dangerous with him.
Olise 8 Apart from his shooting,which needs to improve we have got someone special here.
Macca 6 Occasionally showed glimpses of his best days.
Masika 5 Never really got a chance,but looks a one trick pony.
Baldock 5 Towards the end of the season,veered towards a 6.Rarely used properly.
Meite 7 You can’t argue with 17 goals can you.Bit of a bull in a china shop though.Will he get better?
Jao 6 Injury ruined season.
Puskas 6 Rarely injured.A return of 13 goals probably fair enough.I think it would be a mistake to sell him.I have this nagging feeling he could be very sharp next season.

Quite possibly the worst end of season review of players and scores I have ever seen. Well done.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Aug 2020 12:50

Westwood getting stick for some reason but

a) a good topic with not much else to talk about, with good effort gone into it, thanks - more than others are doing on HNA atm and

b) generally fair comments and ratings.

Obviously no two people are going to agree on all ratings for all players, so with respect my only points of disagreement (without knocking OP) would be:

Rafael

I might agree with 6 but the wording suggests he's a liability in which case he shoudl more like a 3 or a 4. No mention of some great performances and probably quite rightly player of the season. i.e. the least bad of the bunch

Olise

Ok I won't argue with Ejaria's rating of 6, but can't then stand to see him get 6 and Olise get 8. Both 8 or both 6. Both young players with enormous amounts of promise. Olise has had some good games and a couple of good moments. I missed him out when discussing the best ball crosser as that's not his role but his long searching balls into the box are inch perfect. BUt he's also been ineffectual and had to be subbed off, we must'nt forget.

Ejaria has provided infinitely more wow factor, scoring some great goals, creating chances and excitement out of nothing almost every game at least once, and as you say takes us from being bland to looking dangerous at almost any given opportunity out of nothing. Remember he made Eze (£20mill!?) look normal, and as a result teams haev three players on him every game. Watch him every time he gets the ball and you'll pretty much count three players there, yet miraculously he still manages to wriggle free more often than not. Noone puts men on Olise. Good promising player yes but I don't yet see any world beating standout wow performances from him (yet) or people putting three men on him to free up our other players.

And Ejaria played an awful lot more, looked incredible for quite a while then tired/was quietened for the latter part - although we obvioiusly missed him when he wasn't playing. Olise hasn't done anything of the sort although of course he is good. So if you're giving Olise an 8 because of promise then Ejaria deserves the same. Otherwise overall the season has been shit, most players have generally been a bit shit, 6 for each would also be reasonable.

Baldock

Strange to give the lad 5. Some insanely good and important goals for us. Yes ok overall in a shit season it's hard to say he deserves more than a 6 but 5 is unacceptable to me.

Bowen

Speaking of a team of 6s not really the poing of this thread but I'll throw it in here - a 6 for me. Nothing spectacular. Did a job. Like the majority of our players.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Aug 2020 00:10

paultheroyal
Westwood52 Rafael 6 Few major howlers;but that nagging feeling that he should have saved a few.Poor short and long kicks;a constant problem.

Yids 7 When he played.Season ruined by two major injuries.Physical and aggressive ,but lacking in finesse.A good buy however.
Gunter 6 After a couple of poor previous seasons,was back to average this season.Standing off his winger still a problem.
Osho 7 Very promising.
Obita 5 Still a good crosser;but two bad injuries have left him unable to put in much of an influence in games.
Richards 6 Targeted early season,then hit good form;then dropped off post lockdown.
Morrison 6 Started with three or four goals against him,but was reasonably solid thereafter.Limited mobility however.
McIntire 5 Great against Luton,but needs to beef up over the break,too easily bossed.
Rino 6 Started with second season syndrome,but then got back into it as the season progressed.Limited however,but strong at driving at the opposition.
Pele 6 Again injury ruined season.Some games he did look top class.Sorry to see him go.
Swift 6 TBF he kept offering himself when he was completely off his game.I really don’t think he is good enough for the Prem.
Ejaria 6 There is a great player in there somewhere,but he needs to be more consistent and find a pass rather than try to beat the third man.We are so much more dangerous with him.
Olise 8 Apart from his shooting,which needs to improve we have got someone special here.
Baldock 5 Towards the end of the season,veered towards a 6.Rarely used properly.
Meite 7 You can’t argue with 17 goals can you.Bit of a bull in a china shop though.Will he get better?
Puskas 6 Rarely injured.A return of 13 goals probably fair enough.I think it would be a mistake to sell him.I have this nagging feeling he could be very sharp next season.

Quite possibly the worst end of season review of players and scores I have ever seen. Well done.

Bully.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Aug 2020 07:14

Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal

Osho 7 Very promising.

Bully.

Old Man Andrews

Osho 7 Very promising.

You are by far the thickest person on the teamboard and that is some achievement given the competition.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Aug 2020 08:13

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal

Bully.

Old Man Andrews

Osho 7 Very promising.

You are by far the thickest person on the teamboard and that is some achievement given the competition.

Whoops, another rare occasion where Hendo is completely wrong and has made an arse of himself.

That post to Paul was in relation to someone calling me a bully for saying more or less exactly the same as what he did, read the posts next time before trying to show people up.

Arse.

Oh and before you say anything further, someone who repeatedly spells our players names incorrectly despite having various avenues or reference points to spell check is a thick, knuckle dragging moron. It is fair comment.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 07 Aug 2020 10:09

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Bully.

Old Man Andrews You are by far the thickest person on the teamboard and that is some achievement given the competition.

Whoops, another rare occasion where Hendo is completely wrong and has made an arse of himself.

That post to Paul was in relation to someone calling me a bully for saying more or less exactly the same as what he did, read the posts next time before trying to show people up.

Arse.

Oh and before you say anything further, someone who repeatedly spells our players names incorrectly despite having various avenues or reference points to spell check is a thick, knuckle dragging moron. It is fair comment.

I am so pleased I am top of your substantial hit list.I will miss all this once you take the course.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Aug 2020 09:28

You can't call someone a thick knuckle-dragging moron for getting name spellings wrong though, that's a bit harsh.

Most of the country are thick morons in that case. There are obviously people even brighter/more anal than I am who can easily spot grammatical mistakes in what I type. Where's the cutoff?

Tolerance is important - someone's opinion in football is no more or less valid because of their education. (Brexit, now that's another issue but we won't go there :wink: )

We don't want people being scared off the board for not being nerds do we?