85%

Total votes: 75
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Bowen out rumour

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2020 11:07

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Nothing random about those dates.

In terms of the point under discussion there is.

The point under discussion is the effect on performance the frequent sacking of managers has.

The first to last perm management team appointed under Madejski's ownership which saw the most successful period in our history compared to the appointments since where we're gone into heavy decline is very relevant.

It's also relevant to point out that our average over that second period, and particularly our last three managers, have all fallen short of the average tenure Woodley describes and so we're part of what makes that tenure so short. The way averages work, that means there absolutely are multiple clubs that we are worse than in the Championship for managerial stability.

There's an argument that sometimes managers don't work out and you just have to pull the trigger early - Bullivant and Rodgers.

That realistically applies to Gomes, and though I was against it Clement. Stam got time and fell apart rather than starting poorly and not getting a chance. But it's clear as day there was no NEED to sack Bowen. And that what we've needed for a long time is stability

None of that is relevant.
The comments were about a specific study of management tenure comparing 2 random dates
You then said we were a basket case because for a totally different set of dates our managers had shorter tenure.
Whether changing managers is good or bad is a valid discussion but far from certain either way.
Whether you telling other people what they are to discuss or twisting stuff to suit your views is valid is also open to debate.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2020 11:09

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless
In terms of the point under discussion there is.

The point under discussion is the effect on performance the frequent sacking of managers has.

The first to last perm management team appointed under Madejski's ownership which saw the most successful period in our history compared to the appointments since where we're gone into heavy decline is very relevant.

It's also relevant to point out that our average over that second period, and particularly our last three managers, have all fallen short of the average tenure Woodley describes and so we're part of what makes that tenure so short. The way averages work, that means there absolutely are multiple clubs that we are worse than in the Championship for managerial stability.

There's an argument that sometimes managers don't work out and you just have to pull the trigger early - Bullivant and Rodgers.

That realistically applies to Gomes, and though I was against it Clement. Stam got time and fell apart rather than starting poorly and not getting a chance. But it's clear as day there was no NEED to sack Bowen. And that what we've needed for a long time is stability

The comments were about a specific study of management tenure comparing 2 random dates
You then said we were a basket case because for a totally different set of dates our managers had shorter tenure.
Whether changing managers is good or bad is a valid discussion but far from certain either way.
Whether you telling other people what they are to discuss or twisting stuff to suit your views is valid is also open to debate.

You're the one trying to tell me I'm not allowed to discuss something pal.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Sep 2020 13:48

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal The point under discussion is the effect on performance the frequent sacking of managers has.

You’ll whine on whatever anyone says though...
Doesn’t change the fact that you constantly want everything to suit your agenda and telling people they are wrong because you miss the point being mentioned just makes you look daft.

You also clearly have not looked at the article....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Sep 2020 14:36

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Doesn’t change the fact that you constantly want everything to suit your agenda and telling people they are wrong because you miss the point being mentioned just makes you look daft.

Why would he look? He is done with the club apparently, no longer supports Reading according to him. Not sure why he is even on the team board.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 04 Sep 2020 15:26

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Snowflake Royal You're the one trying to tell me I'm not allowed to discuss something pal.

Why would he look? He is done with the club apparently, no longer supports Reading according to him. Not sure why he is even on the team board.

Give a rest mate! I first said I've had enough of this club about fifty years ago (and several times since) but I am still here. have you not ever said something and changed your mind later? I suspect a trawl through the different threads on this board will prove you have. Your constant sniping has now got boring. Before you tell me to ???? off as this discussion has nothing to do with me, let me remind you that you have said that this is an open forum and anyone is able to join in. By the way, you have also said the former in your posts, so that proves you have changed your mind, and simply say things to annoy other posters.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Sep 2020 16:23

The Royal Forester
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Give a rest mate! I first said I've had enough of this club about fifty years ago (and several times since) but I am still here. have you not ever said something and changed your mind later? I suspect a trawl through the different threads on this board will prove you have. Your constant sniping has now got boring. Before you tell me to ???? off as this discussion has nothing to do with me, let me remind you that you have said that this is an open forum and anyone is able to join in. By the way, you have also said the former in your posts, so that proves you have changed your mind, and simply say things to annoy other posters.

I have no idea who you are.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 04 Sep 2020 16:36

So what? Do you know all the posters personally on this board? I have not posted nearly 20,000 times on this board, unlike you, most of which carry disparaging remarks to other posters. Please, reign it in a bit, and why not make a complementary remark sometimes, you never know it may make you feel a bit happier.

Nevpay

by Nevpay » 04 Sep 2020 16:46

I have followed this board for years, had several different names but rarely post and therefore lost my logins more often than not. th reason I've never posted much is this:

Often, I'll read a thread and then flick through to the end to see exactly when the subject matter has disintegrated and the arguing and name throwing has started. I don't think I've ever seen a thread on here that hasn't ended that way. there have been some very good discussions on here and then someone doesn't their own way and it turns into a playground fight

if you ever go on other teams boards, this rarely happens. It's a regular occurrence on ours. Very odd, must be something in the Berkshire air!!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Sep 2020 16:47

I know Ian intimately.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2020 17:48

Old Man Andrews I know Ian intimately.

You wish.