CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

434 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: (Soon to be) CONFIMRED - Aleksandar Stanojević

by linkenholtroyal » 26 Aug 2020 11:32

Old Man Andrews This Millsy character might be up there as one of the worst posters I have seen on the teamboard. I mean he will never quite get to Westwood's level but he is having a go.

You have to have ambition I spose.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Aug 2020 11:38

Millsy
Old Man Andrews This Millsy character might be up there as one of the worst posters I have seen on the teamboard. I mean he will never quite get to Westwood's level but he is having a go.

I'm much worse than Westwood, trust me.

You ain't seen nuffink yet.

Hmm and I thought I stood alone.Seems OMA has even more issues than initially diagnosed.

TiagoIlori

Re: (Soon to be) CONFIMRED - some kind of Serbian bloke

by TiagoIlori » 26 Aug 2020 11:44

I’m really not convinced he’s the man either. Talksport and Jonathon Low doesn’t count as a source.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Aug 2020 11:46

Serious question - as we're now in the business of regressing roles, can we regress Bowen all the way back to left-back? We are short in that department.

We used to have player-managers, what about player-DOF?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2020 11:55

From Despair To Where? Is there actually any substance in the rumours of Bowen moving upstairs other than a few local journos spaffing about on Twitter?

Bowen's done an OK job as manager and I think he's good for the club so actually seeing him move to a role with a bit more job security wouldn't be a to bad as long as we replaced him with someone with a bit of nous.

One thing for sure though, the level of clarity and communication from the club is appalling.

tbf, don't know why they should be giving us a running commentary of what they are doing. They gave the news about Howe.

Sure they'll announce it as soon as its all sorted.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Aug 2020 12:20

And I thought that the running of Watford was a joke..............

Seems as if we've Gomes Mk2 on the way.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 26 Aug 2020 12:31

Not a clue what’s happening. The local rags usually have a steer on what’s going on. Only going by the press that we are flying to Portugal, who knows if that’s actually happening :lol:

JLo now reporting that Paunovic will be manager with Quinton Fortune as assistant.

I’ll have everything with a huge pinch of salt please!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Aug 2020 12:34

Surely this has to be a wind up. Firstly we were going to appoint one Serb I had never heard of and now we were going to appoint a different one I have never heard of whereas what we desperately need is a manager with experience of this league

This after appointing a Portuguese that none of us had heard of who turned out to be a nice bloke but a useless manager. Bowen steadied the ship so it looks like his prize is to get pushed back upstairs as he was far too successful.

If this bloke is appointed you can virtually guarantee we will start poorly yet again, then he will be sacked by Christmas and Bowen reappointed to save the day.

Fing shambles.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 12:42

andrew1957 Surely this has to be a wind up. Firstly we were going to appoint one Serb I had never heard of and now we were going to appoint a different one I have never heard of whereas what we desperately need is a manager with experience of this league

This after appointing a Portuguese that none of us had heard of who turned out to be a nice bloke but a useless manager. Bowen steadied the ship so it looks like his prize is to get pushed back upstairs as he was far too successful.

If this bloke is appointed you can virtually guarantee we will start poorly yet again, then he will be sacked by Christmas and Bowen reappointed to save the day.

Fing shambles.

You're not a fan of foreign people are you? You still have Brexit to fall back on pal.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Aug 2020 12:48

I did voluntary work in the Balkans and I can tell you that Serbians are really good at mass murdering, oops sorry I mean football. I think.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 26 Aug 2020 13:07

Old Man Andrews
andrew1957 Surely this has to be a wind up. Firstly we were going to appoint one Serb I had never heard of and now we were going to appoint a different one I have never heard of whereas what we desperately need is a manager with experience of this league

Fing shambles.

You're not a fan of foreign people are you? You still have Brexit to fall back on pal.

Stupid left-win PC woke comment that bears no relationship to the point in question. I thought better of you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 13:08

strap
Old Man Andrews

Fing shambles.

Stupid left-win PC woke comment that bears no relationship to the point in question. I thought better of you.

Why have you turned up again you lunatic? No shock to see you defending anti foreign comments.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2020 13:35

strap
Old Man Andrews

Fing shambles.

Have you not read any of his posts before then?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 13:48

Snowflake Royal
strap
Old Man Andrews You're not a fan of foreign people are you? You still have Brexit to fall back on pal.

Have you not read any of his posts before then?

Defending bigotted comments now Ian. There is no end to your talents........

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2020 13:52

I'm defending nothing. I'm firmly on the offensive about the shite you consistently output.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Aug 2020 13:55

strap
Old Man Andrews

Fing shambles.

Does the phrase "left-wing PC woke comment" make anyone else cringe inside deeply?

It's on a par with "virtue signalling" in the reductive bullshit stakes

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2020 13:57

genome
strap
Old Man Andrews You're not a fan of foreign people are you? You still have Brexit to fall back on pal.

Does the phrase "left-wing PC woke comment" make anyone else cringe inside deeply?

It's on a par with "virtue signalling" in the reductive bullshit stakes

I tend to find anyone complaining about left-wing wokeness is, at best, casually xenophobic.

Strap has a history of xenophobic rants on here.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Aug 2020 13:58

Why haven’t the club learned from previous mistakes of appointing inexperienced but nice people to the manager’s job. Why are the club even considering changing MB for another guy who looks to have minimal knowledge of the English game and who has no record of anything other than winning the u-20 World Cup with the Serbia in 2015, but then the international arena is different to domestic club management. If a change was felt to be needed, why are the likes of Chris Hughton, Gareth Ainsworth, Eddie Howe seemingly not even being spoken to?

Then we’ve got the entire first team all jetting off to Portugal for a training camp despite the fact that there’s a cup fixture to be played which leaves a few u18 and u23 players to make up the side - or are they going to pop back to play the game?

And, even with the previous management team still being at the club, we’ve now got another manager who’ll want to look at each player and make his own decisions and no doubt the club will have yet another slow start and we’ll all be wondering if new bloke can make it to Xmas as manager.

For the record at least Вељко Пауновић (that’s Veljko Paunovic in the Cyrillic alphabet) does speak fluent English, works well to bring the best out of younger players, and he is a fan if the possession game (just hope it’s not the Jaap Stam possession experiment again though).

OK it all might work out well and Reading might suddenly click but given the previous track record is anyone rushing off to put that bet on promotion?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Aug 2020 14:08

Well if it is Paunovic - this makes for an interesting and relatively positive read:

https://twitter.com/BeesAnalytica/statu ... 4565533700

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2020 14:15

Sutekh Why haven’t the club learned from previous mistakes of appointing inexperienced but nice people to the manager’s job. Why are the club even considering changing MB for another guy who looks to have minimal knowledge of the English game and who has no record of anything other than winning the u-20 World Cup with the Serbia in 2015, but then the international arena is different to domestic club management. If a change was felt to be needed, why are the likes of Chris Hughton, Gareth Ainsworth, Eddie Howe seemingly not even being spoken to?

Then we’ve got the entire first team all jetting off to Portugal for a training camp despite the fact that there’s a cup fixture to be played which leaves a few u18 and u23 players to make up the side - or are they going to pop back to play the game?

And, even with the previous management team still being at the club, we’ve now got another manager who’ll want to look at each player and make his own decisions and no doubt the club will have yet another slow start and we’ll all be wondering if new bloke can make it to Xmas as manager.

For the record at least Вељко Пауновић (that’s Veljko Paunovic in the Cyrillic alphabet) does speak fluent English, works well to bring the best out of younger players, and he is a fan if the possession game (just hope it’s not the Jaap Stam possession experiment again though).

OK it all might work out well and Reading might suddenly click but given the previous track record is anyone rushing off to put that bet on promotion?

Most of that disappears if the job specs of the various people are correctly in place.
Assuming the new guy comes in as a first team coach type man, tasked with working with a group of players to deliver results. Training ground based, match focused etc etc.
Bowen is responsible for recruitment, scouting and everything that isn’t about the next 2 or 3 games. He has input into playing style, is the source of knowledge about the league, opposition, players etc etc.
The new guy works with what he has, he isn’t given the option to make huge changes to,the squad and the 6-8 players talked about are already lined up and waiting to come subject to confirmation of FFP status.
What happens to O’Shea and Eddie will be interesting and where Fortune comes from and fits in I don’t quite see.

It could make sense as long as it is what all parties have bought in to. I can’t see on what basis Bowen’s still here otherwise.

In terms of the names menti9ned, no way would Ainsworth quit Wycombe at this point, Howe would expect way too much money and Hughton would be looking for a PL job or a nailed on promotion contender. We’d be a gamble, which could work, but not short enough odds for someone wanting to work at the highest level.

Recruitment will be very interesting. 8 players seems a lot to be bringing in, I hope we are focusing on quality rather than quantity otherwise we may as well have kept Osho, Blackett etc.

434 posts