Is that still a thing?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: (Soon to be) CONFIMRED - some kind of Serbian bloke

by Notts Royal » 28 Aug 2020 21:56

AthleticoSpizz ....not worried.....just p1ssed off tbf

Revolving doors.

Might just throw away my virtual ST in protest

I’m struggling to give a toss now...can’t get excited about any new managers when we all know they’ll last under a year.

Feel sorry for Bowen...can’t believe he was made to take charge of the game today. It’s a joke and a total shambles.

Dai has managed to hack off the squad, the management team...and the tide is well and truely turning in terms of the fans believe in him.

I guess it’s just going to be more of the same until Dai oxf*rd off...and I’m looking forward to that day.

It’s egg in the face for all us fans who invest so much time & money supporting this club. It’s my club, it’s your club, it’s not Dai’s toy. He can oxf*rd off

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Aug 2020 21:57

Old Man Andrews Bowen has confirmed to Tim Dellor he has been removed.

I know Bowen's hurting but sacking Tim Dellor is a bit harsh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Aug 2020 21:58

genome

Harsh but fair, no?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Aug 2020 22:09

morganb TalkSport have gone for it on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkSPORT/st ... 6531481600

EXCLUSIVE: Veljko Paunović is confrimed as the new manager of #ReadingFC.

- talkSPORT sources understand.

We first revealed that he was the big favourite for the job earlier in the week.

LOL

Revealing it AFTER saying we were appointing a totally different Serbian manager that they just lifted from other sources

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Aug 2020 22:10

talkSquawk

(Chelsea, Man C, Man U FM)

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 28 Aug 2020 22:39

Even Low seems hacked off lol that’s a first

Imagine if you were a Reading player right now, having played under so many different managers. What would make you listen to this manager? What difference would taking any advice from him make, when you know full well he won’t be around in a few months?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Aug 2020 23:00

Players going through the motions...I guess

Now where have we seen that in recent years???

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Aug 2020 23:17

If anyone was curious to know how the hell Paunovic was allowed to go to Portugal in order to quarantine despite Serbia and the US not being on the exception list for the EU along with work permit etc, it’s because he has Spanish citizenship.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Aug 2020 23:39

SouthDownsRoyal
morganb TalkSport have gone for it on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkSPORT/st ... 6531481600

EXCLUSIVE: Veljko Paunović is confrimed as the new manager of #ReadingFC.

- talkSPORT sources understand.

We first revealed that he was the big favourite for the job earlier in the week.

LOL

Revealing it AFTER saying we were appointing a totally different Serbian manager that they just lifted from other sources

Kia Joorabchian is often interviewed on this station so perhaps he put them straight on what is really going on?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 Aug 2020 02:38

This just seems another’ Gomes. Just mental makes no sense at all. You have proven managers like Pearson, Houghton, Pullis and yes Pardew out there and we bring in foreign clueless clowns who nothing about the players we have or the Championship. The saving grace is at least by the time season tickets are available we will have one foot in division one. So we a all save some money.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Aug 2020 08:47

Jackson Corner This just seems another’ Gomes. Just mental makes no sense at all. You have proven managers like Pearson, Houghton, Pullis and yes Pardew out there and we bring in foreign clueless clowns who nothing about the players we have or the Championship. The saving grace is at least by the time season tickets are available we will have one foot in division one. So we a all save some money.

At least Gomes had some positive reviews when he came into the job. I haven't read a single good thing about Paunovic from Chicago Fire fans. The Gomes appointment was baffling, but this one is completely ludicrous.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Aug 2020 09:27

Pepe the Horseman
Jackson Corner This just seems another’ Gomes. Just mental makes no sense at all. You have proven managers like Pearson, Houghton, Pullis and yes Pardew out there and we bring in foreign clueless clowns who nothing about the players we have or the Championship. The saving grace is at least by the time season tickets are available we will have one foot in division one. So we a all save some money.

At least Gomes had some positive reviews when he came into the job. I haven't read a single good thing about Paunovic from Chicago Fire fans. The Gomes appointment was baffling, but this one is completely ludicrous.

I couldn’t have put it better myself. I see almost nothing positive about Paunovic.

Would we rather a foreign ( as in no experience of English footy) nobody over a local manager with years of experience of the league, management of almost a season and a record of turning a club around and saving from relegation? We wouldn’t be exactly excited about the latter but we’d take it over random nobody Gomes wannabe surely.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Aug 2020 10:01

Millsy
Pepe the Horseman

I couldn’t have put it better myself. I see almost nothing positive about Paunovic.

Would we rather a foreign ( as in no experience of English footy) nobody over a local manager with years of experience of the league, management of almost a season and a record of turning a club around and saving from relegation? We wouldn’t be exactly excited about the latter but we’d take it over random nobody Gomes wannabe surely.

Only positive stuff I’ve seen is that he’s good in developing youngsters and won the u-20 World Cup as manager of Serbia back in 2015. Everything else about his management experience is just total indifference at best. Much rather we kept MB where he is and hired a DoF instead than have this appointment which hardly inspires enthusiasm and certainly doesn’t get the media or supporters onside from the start (which hardly helps the guy either). God only knows what the senior players will make of it.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 29 Aug 2020 10:02

At least Gomes came in when Clement did a poor job. Bowen’s done a decent job...this is completely baffling.

Based on the reviews from the Chicago fans, it won’t be long before he falls out with the players. Hopefully this will be another short-lived appointment and Bowen can step in again

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Aug 2020 10:17

No use crying now. Let's hope he's a success rather than wanting him to fail so he gets sacked :roll:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 Aug 2020 10:18

Gonna be funny when Bowen, O'Shea and Niedzwiecki all walk out before the Colchester game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Aug 2020 10:24

So. Is he a Serb?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Aug 2020 10:28

genome

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 Aug 2020 10:33

NewCorkSeth So. Is he a Serb?

According to the press release yes he is.

Also good to see the club give US soccer the respect it deserves by repeatedly calling it 'the mls'

434 posts