CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

434 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 20:32

Christ our fan base really are a bunch of bed wetters. Bowen was shit, face it. Did he deserve to be treated the way he has been? Probably not, but it’s all a bit meh. He’s a grown man, he’s been in the game for years, I’m sure nothing surprises him in football. We don’t know what went on behind the scenes either, rumours of falling out with players. But we can’t ignore the face the results were bang average. Im all for massive change things have been stale for years. It’s a sign of insanity to repeat the same things over and over again and expect different results. I’m excited new ceo new manager new coaches and a rumoured war chest. Stop feeling sorry for Bowen. And get behind the owners and new manager ffs. Be thankful for what we have and stop being such a bunch of massive pcunts. We move on.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Aug 2020 20:35

Torbay Royal
The way this has been done smacks of a lack of class. An unknown replacement, a sudden trip to Portugal and with two weeks to the start of the season, hardly any signings and a glaring need for recruitment.

Other than for the money. Reading FC aren't an attractive proposition for anyone as an employer. The game I used to love has finally imploded I feel.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 Aug 2020 20:35

Oh Mark Bowen,
Our feelings were growing,
But now we're knowing,
Which way your wind is blowing,

Oh Dai Yongge,
This news you have sprung,
Upon us with your tongue,
Your ownership feels like one big WUM

Winston Biscuit, 2020
Last edited by Winston Biscuit on 31 Aug 2020 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Aug 2020 20:36

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman CONFIMRED. A nice parting gift from RFC making it sound like it was his decision to step down as manager.

Looking forward to all those saying the changed were fine because Bowen was in the loop and happy to be DoF eating some pie.

Treated disgracefully.

Bowen’s League record of 13 wins, 13 losses and 9 draws is a marked improvement on what Stam (second season), Clement and Gomes achieved. I can guarantee we will have some muppets applauding the new appointment who will want him sacked if we start badly.

Can't include me on that. I've put my head on the block.....I think the new guy is a good appointment and will get us to kick on. If I'm wrong I'll let Snowflake and the rest of the board savage me but I'm backing the owners the manager and the players to do well now? Timing wasnt great for all this but then again the owners have made some bad decisions, but this decision for me is the right one. With regards treatment of Bowen people think this is some sort of new reaction? Can I remind them the treatment of McDermott TWICE from previous owners....and he was successful Mark Bowen will get a nice payoff and no doubt if Hughes comes back to management he will probably be by his side. That's modern football I'm afraid, happens everywhere. I seem to remember the protesting when he was appointed and droning on about snakes.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 31 Aug 2020 20:37

Losing games and ultimately relegation from results on the pitch I can deal with - they are all part of football. You can’t win every game. The ups and downs are all part of being a football fan. Sometimes you have to experience the lows to fully appreciate the highs.
But what worries me now is it is rumoured we’re going to embark on a reckless spending spree.
Some fans will be excited by that, but we need to be concerned about being in breach of FFP.
We're already in breach after 2017/18 & 2018/19 seasons, so need to show a profit this season and next to get on the right side of FFP. How on earth can we do that with no fans or very limited being allowed in the stadium for the foreseeable future?
FFP has not been frozen for 2020-21, despite what has been rumoured in some quarters.
Any spending spree this season will put us in breach of FFP rules unless we get promoted to the Premier League - which is very unlikely.
And then what?
Most likely a Points deduction and relegation to League One. And no doubt our owner contesting it through the courts.
Even more concern is if the owner then decides to sell the club, but unfortunately the club no longer owns their own stadium.
Selling the stadium to ourselves to avoid being in breach of FFP never sat easy with me and as feared it could come back to haunt us.
Very worrying times ahead.
Last edited by DelBoyRodders on 31 Aug 2020 20:41, edited 4 times in total.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 31 Aug 2020 20:37

"Having stepped away from his position as Manager" etc. Who on earth will believe he stepped away? It is clearly an attempt to put the blame on Mark for this ridiculous situation we are in. I hope he has got a good payoff, plus all of his deferred pay and if not he takes it to a tribunal for constructive dismissal, I am sure he would win the case. I used to laugh and sneer at other clubs who changed their manager every few months and seemed to run by idiots. Now I know what it feels like to be on the other side, now my club is not my old and trusted friend anymore.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2020 20:38

It is all rather odd.
I certainly had a scenario in mind that meant this was actually all very logical but Bowen opting to walk away blows that’s out of the water.
Not sure who does the transfers now, presumably outsourced again. Not too worried about the urgency of signings, we are fine for the start of the season but need to build depth. Ages until window closes though.
Hopefully the coaching staff don’t walk as well.
One or two people really need to get some perspective on all this. It’s a game of football. I really can’t invest negative energy init these days. Once upon a time I would probablyhave got all wound up, these days I’ll roll with the bad times Andy know there’s will be good times alongmin due course. And frankly these are nowhere near the worst times we’ve had...

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 20:41

Nameless It is all rather odd.
I certainly had a scenario in mind that meant this was actually all very logical but Bowen opting to walk away blows that’s out of the water.
Not sure who does the transfers now, presumably outsourced again. Not too worried about the urgency of signings, we are fine for the start of the season but need to build depth. Ages until window closes though.
One or two people really need to get some perspective on all this. It’s a game of football. I really can’t invest negative energy init these days. Once upon a time I would probablyhave got all wound up, these days I’ll roll with the bad times Andy know there’s will be good times alongmin due course. And frankly these are nowhere near the worst times we’ve had...

Well quite, Ian is allegedly a grown man but is behaving like some self entitled toddler. Grow the oxf*rd up people, and enjoy the ride.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2020 20:46

Pretty much my thoughts word for word. Bar the typos in the last para

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2020 20:48

Hound

Sory

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Aug 2020 21:06

I used to be called an RTG on here but losing Bowen could easily set us on a slide to L1 or worse. With Howe also effectively gone it looks like we will be run by agents going forwards. I genuinely hope I am proved wrong but I expect a very tough season ahead and with no one left at the club to exert common sense we could easily fall foul of FFP.

Oh for the days of SJM and stability.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2020 21:09

andrew1957 I used to be called an RTG on here but losing Bowen could easily set us on a slide to L1 or worse. With Howe also effectively gone it looks like we will be run by agents going forwards. I genuinely hope I am proved wrong but I expect a very tough season ahead and with no one left at the club to exert common sense we could easily fall foul of FFP.

Oh for the days of SJM and stability.

Same. The difference is back then the optimism wasn't blind.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 31 Aug 2020 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Aug 2020 21:09

Zip
Notts Royal
Old Man Andrews Shambles.

The decision to remove Bowen aside, the communication and overall way the whole thing has been handled is amateurish and disgraceful.

It’s been an absolute shambles. Too quick to offer him the perm contract & treating him like shit when he kept us up is a disgrace. Can’t imagine we are going to fare much better this season & we could see all his work undone pretty quickly.

Good on Bowen for leaving us...he’ll be much better off out this basket case of a club. Bumpy times ahead guys, buckle up

Sad to say I agree. I tend to be relatively positive re Reading FC but the shambles over the past week defies belief. We are about to start the new season with rookies in charge of the club. They have no experience of the Championship. At least when Gomes came in Nigel Howe was in the background. I wish them all the best but I think we are going to be in deep trouble.

+ 1 to all of this

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 Aug 2020 21:49

andrew1957
Zip
Notts Royal
It’s been an absolute shambles. Too quick to offer him the perm contract & treating him like shit when he kept us up is a disgrace. Can’t imagine we are going to fare much better this season & we could see all his work undone pretty quickly.

Good on Bowen for leaving us...he’ll be much better off out this basket case of a club. Bumpy times ahead guys, buckle up

Sad to say I agree. I tend to be relatively positive re Reading FC but the shambles over the past week defies belief. We are about to start the new season with rookies in charge of the club. They have no experience of the Championship. At least when Gomes came in Nigel Howe was in the background. I wish them all the best but I think we are going to be in deep trouble.

+ 1 to all of this

Apart from Jaap Stam + Brian Tevreden a couple of years ago? That didn’t turn out too badly tbh.

The owners are serious on going up and the majority may not agree with the restructure thus far, but they’ve made the changes and that’s all about it.

They’ve also brought in Ejaria, rejected bids for Swift. Sorted Bearwood and funded a chunk of the away travel. We’re pretty lucky to have them, however shite the Bowen situation has been handled.

Football just isn’t a ‘nice’ industry (unless you’re picking up the results, then nobody really cares if you just cast off players / manager every six months)
Last edited by royalp-we on 31 Aug 2020 21:56, edited 2 times in total.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 31 Aug 2020 21:50

Nameless Once upon a time I would probablyhave got all wound up,

Yeah, I remember what it was like to be 15 as well. I always get sad when I see grown men lose their minds at football matches.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 21:53

WoodleyRoyal

Well quite, Ian is allegedly a grown man but is behaving like some self entitled toddler. Grow the oxf*rd up people, and enjoy the ride.

Exactly, we have no choice in the matter!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 21:54

Nameless
Hound

Sory

:mrgreen:

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 01 Sep 2020 05:45

WoodleyRoyal Christ our fan base really are a bunch of bed wetters. Bowen was shit, face it. Did he deserve to be treated the way he has been? Probably not, but it’s all a bit meh. He’s a grown man, he’s been in the game for years, I’m sure nothing surprises him in football. We don’t know what went on behind the scenes either, rumours of falling out with players. But we can’t ignore the face the results were bang average. Im all for massive change things have been stale for years. It’s a sign of insanity to repeat the same things over and over again and expect different results. I’m excited new ceo new manager new coaches and a rumoured war chest. Stop feeling sorry for Bowen. And get behind the owners and new manager ffs. Be thankful for what we have and stop being such a bunch of massive pcunts. We move on.

Could not agree more.
Football is a ruthless professional sport where only results matter.
If Bowen had been successful, he would be leaving us for a bigger opportunity. That’s football.
He wasn’t.
He may be offered a good opportunity elsewhere, either immediately or in the near future.
Our owners have invested, have always considered the Club’s fans and want success and want us to play attractive football whilst getting results.
They’ve just achieved a great result in securing Ovie and have proven that they will not be cowed on transfers of our big players; unless the money is right.
Instead of sacking Bowen; they offered him another prestigious role at the Club and he turned it down.
Can we get a grip on reality? The whining is tiresome.
We have a new coach; who has coached at the highest level and who played at the highest level.
I hope he’ll demand more from all our players.
And I think many have a lot more to give.
The only way to create certainty in life is to look backwards and judge retrospectively.
Doing so is not an option.
Exciting times ahead.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Sep 2020 06:15

Pretty much how I feel. Would have liked Bowen to stay as DoF but can't blame him for going.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 01 Sep 2020 06:49

Sebastian the Red
Nameless Once upon a time I would probablyhave got all wound up,

Yeah, I remember what it was like to be 15 as well. I always get sad when I see grown men lose their minds at football matches.

Sad? Grow up man. How old are you, 15?

434 posts