CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

434 posts
skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

by skipper » 31 Aug 2020 07:27

Snowflake Royal First I've seen any mention of that anywhere. Seems strange seeing as we could sign Laurent without a problem. And it went ahead pretty much as soon as Howe and Bowen were out the way with little change in financial situation. Or are we saying a shirt sponsor paid for it.

Mate, I just searched the phrase on this board and found you talking about our soft embargo in the Sheff Wed match thread.

Why would you even bother lying when it is so easily checked?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Aug 2020 07:48

In Ian's defence, that was over a year ago when we were under one but it's has been mentioned a number of times in the past few of weeks in the press and on here that we were under another one.

To be fair, I didn't know we were under another one until it was mentioned a couple of weeks ago but in hindsight, it makes complete sense. The Josh Laurent transfer would be approved straight away because a free transfer from the lower leagues after releasing 12 players is exactly the sort of deal that demonstrates we are trying to get our house in order. It would also explain why it took so long to finalise the Ejaria transfer and the fact that there has been no other transfer activity.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 31 Aug 2020 08:17

I do not understand the negativity.
Whether or not we like the bizarre nature of the modern football world or not; it is what it is.
For our Club to remain in the Championship, with the possibility of competing for a place in the Premier League; our owners must be quick or be gone.
Our owners do not run the football world nor do they have the power to influence it to any extent.
Whether we like Bowen or not; the results were not good enough and the team was going backwards and not forwards.
I was at Fulham in New Years Day and we looked very good and Lucas as our lone striker was awesome.
Without him; we became less and less of a threat.
Our owners have resisted the temptation to sell our best players and are ruthless and want success.
They have seen what being loyal to mediocrity gets you (Clement, Gomes); they will now not tolerate it.
Modern football at this level
Is about taking risks and committing 100%.
Not faffing around and waiting to fail.
If it comes off (Villa); it’s success and an adventure in the Premier League.
If it fails, we end up like Sunderland.
FFP rules were clearly going in the bin
Once Covid-19 struck and Championship Clubs lost vast sums of money playing behind closed doors.
We have a window of opportunity (FFP) and an exciting new, dynamic, inventive coach; we have Ovie and Laurent and possibly more to come; and if we can keep Swift too and others; and get some attacking wide players; this season could be one to remember; for the best of reasons.
And finally, in sport, a decision is judged as being either poor or great; on the basis of one singular factor; results.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2020 09:12

skipper
Snowflake Royal First I've seen any mention of that anywhere. Seems strange seeing as we could sign Laurent without a problem. And it went ahead pretty much as soon as Howe and Bowen were out the way with little change in financial situation. Or are we saying a shirt sponsor paid for it.

Mate, I just searched the phrase on this board and found you talking about our soft embargo in the Sheff Wed match thread.

think he means this season. Tbf, the only time I've seen it mentioned was by Low in a twitter thread.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2020 09:25

skipper

That's from July 2019 you idiot. It's about last summer not this summer.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 31 Aug 2020 11:04

Lower West Perhaps we need someone that actually know something about football to appoint a manager. Maybe the fans should conduct the interviews!

:arrow:

Are you new to the Team Board?

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 31 Aug 2020 11:15

Why hiring Veljko Paunovic is a mistake...
https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2020/ ... Yhw9EafFgo

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Aug 2020 11:38

DelBoyRodders Why hiring Veljko Paunovic is a mistake...

Looking forward to it!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2020 11:55

Not sure how credible that is. The author is the Bundesliga not MLS 'expert'. There is no indication in the article as to what his 'sources' were and there is not a single quote within it. It may not have influenced him at all but it might also be worth noting that he appears to have a Bosnian background. Could it be a bit like expecting a Reading fan to write a positive article about Oxford?!

The views on VP that I'm hearing from the US are mixed. Yes, he has plenty of critics but he has some advocates too. From what I've heard,, Chicago Fire also have a pretty long history of 'off the pitch' issues that cannot have made things easy for their coaches. In contrast we currently appear to have wealthy owners who are really committed to the club and happy to put big money into it (and its supporters).

Personally, I'm going to give the guy a fair chance and see what happens, rather than get on his case even before he's arrived in England.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Aug 2020 12:16

RoyalBlue

Not sure how credible that is. The author is the Bundesliga not MLS 'expert'. There is no indication in the article as to what his 'sources' were and there is not a single quote within it. It may not have influenced him at all but it might also be worth noting that he appears to have a Bosnian background. Could it be a bit like expecting a Reading fan to write a positive article about Oxford?!

The views on VP that I'm hearing from the US are mixed. Yes, he has plenty of critics but he has some advocates too. From what I've heard,, Chicago Fire also have a pretty long history of 'off the pitch' issues that cannot have made things easy for their coaches. In contrast we currently appear to have wealthy owners who are really committed to the club and happy to put big money into it (and its supporters).

Personally, I'm going to give the guy a fair chance and see what happens, rather than get on his case even before he's arrived in England.

Balanced, reasonable, using facts as far as we know them,
no ad hominem attacks. Mate, that's enough to get you banned

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Aug 2020 12:23

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Aug 2020 12:54

He has his own YouTube channel, might be interesting

https://www.youtube.com/user/qmtrader

The day Serbia U-20 beat Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMJ0Es_VrDc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2020 13:05

You all know my feelings on this, so this might surprise a few of you.

That reads like a hatchet job from beginning to end. No positives, no balance. Even winning the youth world cup is spun as a negative.

As already said there's no quotes or sources. But some of it is verifiable if anyone can be arsed to try.

It's probably not worth taking seriously, but it's also probably not entirely worth just writing it off either.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Aug 2020 13:24

RoyalBlue

Good man. I'm getting sick of hearing these moaners. This owner has kept season ticket prices down, free away travel and even kept away prices down. How many clubs can boast that. He has trusted people, rightly or wrongly, to spend his money on players, to me he is a positive owner. We HAD to change. The club just plodded along with the same shitty style and bugger all fight in the team. Many of you seem happy to continue with that bollox.
The new bloke looks a positive move and as for some knobs on here asking for a boycott......well sod off and support another team. We have a good owner and we need to back him. He clearly wants what we want.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2020 13:33

Ascotexgunner
RoyalBlue

Good man. I'm getting sick of hearing these moaners. This owner has kept season ticket prices down, free away travel and even kept away prices down. How many clubs can boast that. He has trusted people, rightly or wrongly, to spend his money on players, to me he is a positive owner. We HAD to change. The club just plodded along with the same shitty style and bugger all fight in the team. Many of you seem happy to continue with that bollox.
The new bloke looks a positive move and as for some knobs on here asking for a boycott......well sod off and support another team. We have a good owner and we need to back him. He clearly wants what we want.

You massive hypocrite. You just spent months slating Bowen and saying he should go despite him giving us our best season in a few years from a starting point of being in relegation fight.

Didn't you just admit in the last couple of days to not having rated a single manager we've had since Adkins went?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2020 16:02

No room for negativity now.

I have been against certain managers but as soon as they join, I will support them.

I don't like this change anymore than anyone else and I agree it seems a daft thing to do at a daft time and if I had to put money on it I'd say he's another Gomes who will achieve not much and we'll be looking for someone again.

BUT he is here now, and like it or not I appreciate I'm an utter nobody in the grand scheme of things. Quite rightly nobody consulted me for my opinion before signing him so I do not know the reasons behind it, but there are obviously some decent reasons. .

If he ends up taking us up, absolutely 100% this will have been a brilliant decision and I will put my hands up and admit it. If he's rubbish, then I can say I guessed right when I "told you so". But that doesn't matter - who cares.

He's here now, and I'm going to make myself feel better by believing they have good reason to believe he's the next Jokanovic.

Paunovic's barmy army!!!!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Aug 2020 17:09

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
RoyalBlue

You massive hypocrite. You just spent months slating Bowen and saying he should go despite him giving us our best season in a few years from a starting point of being in relegation fight.

Didn't you just admit in the last couple of days to not having rated a single manager we've had since Adkins went?

Yep, I said didn't rate any of the people selected to manage since Adkins, and I still stand by that comment, though I said I thought Clarke might do well, but then he stabbed us in the back. I'm agreeing with the original comments by Royal Blue that we have a good owner and that he is prepared to get behind the team. But I've never criticized the owners to the point of driving them out the club like some on here, even though I have questioned their decisions, their heart is clearly in the club.
All I'll say about Mark Bowen is he did ok to get us out of trouble, but that's it. Best season in a couple of years? 1 win at home in 2020, Gormless Gomez and Clement were not difficult acts to follow.....but it was a challenge to get the players off their knees, which to his credit he did manage. But I'll say it again, no way would be take us forward to where we should be. I've seen enough to come to that conclusion.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 31 Aug 2020 17:26

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
RoyalBlue

FMe, now you know how the 17.5 million feel re the Brexit remoaners!.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Aug 2020 17:52

Bowen could be leaving after all, according to ya man Eddie.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 31 Aug 2020 18:10

karbota
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

FMe, now you know how the 17.5 million feel re the Brexit remoaners!.

Only another 35 or so years to go until we catch up with the length of time you Frighty Righties moaned about the EU champ.

434 posts