12%
Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 148
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Veljko Paunović - Whelmgauge

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 17:09

Like I am under most new appointments or nearing the start of a new season I’m kind of excited but god knows why. Expect this to fail but who knows. Maybe just maybe something might click. Doubt it but oxf*rd it can’t control it let’s enjoy the ride, or try to.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Veljko Paunović - Whelmgauge

by SCIAG » 31 Aug 2020 17:27

Not sure I could place myself on the whelmed scale. I’m somewhere between apathetic and bewildered. He has a better record as a head coach than Bowen, but I don’t understand why we’re rolling the dice at all.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2020 17:49

Underwhelmed.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Aug 2020 17:50

CountryRoyal Like I am under most new appointments or nearing the start of a new season I’m kind of excited but god knows why. Expect this to fail but who knows. Maybe just maybe something might click. Doubt it but oxf*rd it can’t control it let’s enjoy the ride, or try to.

Yeh, I'm kind of here now. Started off angry, then bemused, apathetic for a couple of days, and have now reached blind optimism.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Aug 2020 18:02

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal Like I am under most new appointments or nearing the start of a new season I’m kind of excited but god knows why. Expect this to fail but who knows. Maybe just maybe something might click. Doubt it but oxf*rd it can’t control it let’s enjoy the ride, or try to.

Yeh, I'm kind of here now. Started off angry, then bemused, apathetic for a couple of days, and have now reached blind optimism.

I'm still at the bemused and apathetic stage. Tbh, I'm like this every season for this last while. But it wears off when I get to a game. This year, though.....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2020 18:16

None of the above. Like with any new manager until we’ve played a decent number of games we simply have nothing to judge by. We haven’t even brought in the players he’ll be working with yet.
I don’t really understand the need to change but then the current general situation means I feel rather disconnected from sport generally right now.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Aug 2020 18:38

Bemused. Not sure the change was necessary but every manager starts with a clean slate and full support.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 31 Aug 2020 18:39

Have to be positive - one of these random changes we will get lucky on the law of averages like Leeds did with Bielsa

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 19:19

Mid Sussex Royal Have to be positive - one of these random changes we will get lucky on the law of averages like Leeds did with Bielsa

Pretty terrible example, Bielsa was the most respected and accomplished manager to ever be in this league. :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2020 19:41

There's two things to consider here.

The decision to remove Bowen and appoint him. And how he performs. How he performs can only be judged after 10 - 20 games in charge so I'll leave that, my issues have nothing to do with the new guy. Regardless of how good or bad an appointment it might seem, once in post you have to judge on actual performance.

The decision to remove Bowen is a disgrace and one step too far for me. It's illogical, it's stupid, it's ungrateful and it disgusts me. The decision to appoint a guy with one good season in the MLS and a slightly spawny Youth WC win, but no experience in England, over a guy who took us from bottom three to mid-table is nothing short of moronic.

I'm done. I'll watch to see what happens and could be brought round, but right now I think the club deserves relegation and I welcome anything that hastens the departure of the oxf*rd, morally bankrupt owners we have.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Aug 2020 19:42

Snowflake Royal There's two things to consider here.

The decision to remove Bowen and appoint him. And how he performs. How he performs can only be judged after 10 - 20 games in charge so I'll leave that, my issues have nothing to do with the new guy. Regardless of how good or bad an appointment it might seem, once in post you have to judge on actual performance.

The decision to remove Bowen is a disgrace and one step too far for me. It's illogical, it's stupid, it's ungrateful and it disgusts me. The decision to appoint a guy with one good season in the MLS and a slightly spawny Youth WC win, but no experience in England, over a guy who took us from bottom three to mid-table is nothing short of moronic.

I'm done. I'll watch to see what happens and could be brought round, but right now I think the club deserves relegation and I welcome anything that hastens the departure of the oxf*rd, morally bankrupt owners we have.

Bed wetter.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 20:04

I’d agree it was a disgrace if we had seen good football and clever tactics last season and , say a top 10 finish

A season of turgid football hardly any home wins, some odd decision making doesn’t make removing him a disgrace in my view.

Oh and we finished 14th, hardly earth shattering

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 31 Aug 2020 20:18

I’m feeling exactly the same as you. We deserve to be relegated and if it does happen it will be all of our own making.
I fcking despise our owners.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Aug 2020 20:20

Beyond comment or caring any longer. Finally are we about to go into freefall. Been teetering on the edge for a while. The soul of the club has been totally destroyed.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2020 20:36

Excellent does that mean you’ll be on here less? If so then this has been an even better appointment than I first thought.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Aug 2020 20:36

CountryRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Have to be positive - one of these random changes we will get lucky on the law of averages like Leeds did with Bielsa

Pretty terrible example, Bielsa was the second most respected and accomplished manager to ever be in this league. :lol:

Fixed.

(In all seriousness you're completely right)

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 Aug 2020 20:41

Pepe the Horseman

Mine has been a journey of anger > frustration > hunger > whimsy > disappointment > yearning > nostalgia > befuddlement > confusion > resentment > horny. In that order.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2020 20:46

You’ll cringe when you read that tomorrow.
‘Morally bankrupt’ ? Where does that leave the real villains of the world ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2020 21:01

Nameless

You’ll cringe when you read that tomorrow.
‘Morally bankrupt’ ? Where does that leave the real villains of the world ?

Just to add I do admire your passion, you clearly care a huge amount. Probably too much.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2020 21:01

Confused and more than a little bemused

But it is what it is. Maybe it is all Kia’s master plan again. Who knows where they will lead us

242 posts