MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored by Chris Casper

288 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored by Chris Casper

by South Coast Royal » 23 Sep 2020 11:42

NewCorkSeth
South Coast Royal
NewCorkSeth I predict Kiefer Moore will fall away later in the season making everyone's snap judgement of him being a player "premier league clubs should have been looking at" to be foolish.

No snap judgement from this quarter.
We have seen quite a bit of him over the years and I would have liked us to have been in for him when Wigan started their fire sale.
With Joao's injury record he would have been a useful addition to our squad and I think you have been a bit dismissive of his ability.

Also it would have made Zip happy to have another Welsh player in our squad. :wink:

I feel like there was lots said on the football podcasts about his "premier league" ability. He looks a decent player but wouldn't say he is going to pull up trees.

He looks big enough to pull up trees.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2020 12:38

paultheroyal
SCIAG If we’re concerned about Cardiff being a big side, maybe there’s a case for bringing in Holmes?

And similarly, I think I’d probably leave Olise on the bench. He doesn’t offer as much defensively as his competitors and his versatility in many ways makes him the ideal sub. Very harsh after his first goal.

So that leaves something like:
Rafael

Araruna
Holmes
Morrison
Richards

Rinomhota
Swift
Laurent

Meite
Joao
Ejaria

Subs: Southwood, Moore, McIntyre, Olise, Aluko, Baldock, Puscas

Fair play to writing all that out etc - but this wont be the team and infact be surprised if 4 of them make the starting 11.

Er...which 4... I've got 2?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2020 14:00

I'd certainly be more than a bit concerned about K Moore up against L Moore/Morrison. Almost to the point I'd consider bring Gibson in either alongside or instead of one of them.

Really tough calls to make here. Think Meite would be in for Olise rather than Swift for me, but can see why you'd drop Swift. But think his additional experience will be useful

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 14:30

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
SCIAG If we’re concerned about Cardiff being a big side, maybe there’s a case for bringing in Holmes?

And similarly, I think I’d probably leave Olise on the bench. He doesn’t offer as much defensively as his competitors and his versatility in many ways makes him the ideal sub. Very harsh after his first goal.

Rafael

Araruna
Holmes
Morrison
Richards

Rinomhota
Swift
Laurent

Meite
Joao
Ejaria

Fair play to writing all that out etc - but this wont be the team and infact be surprised if 4 of them make the starting 11.

Wait, what is Sciags case for bringing in Holmes??

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2020 14:44

he is tall

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 14:48

Hound he is tall

He is 6ft1. Same height as Moore..

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2020 14:58

NewCorkSeth
Hound he is tall

tell SCIAG not me

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 15:06

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Hound he is tall

tell SCIAG not me

He has blocked me. I asked him a question once about why he thought "You Only Live Twice" was the best Bond song and he flew off the handle.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Sep 2020 15:19

NewCorkSeth
Hound
NewCorkSeth He is 6ft1. Same height as Moore..

tell SCIAG not me

He has blocked me. I asked him a question once about why he thought "You Only Live Twice" was the best Bond song and he flew off the handle.

What’s wrong with Shirley’s effort and she’s Welsh.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Sep 2020 19:32

NewCorkSeth
Hound he is tall

No he isn't :lol:

He was clearly the taller of the two when they played against Bolton, and he's grown since then... He was also obviously taller than McIntyre the other week.

But even if it does turn out that their "official" heights are accurate, I would argue that Holmes is comfortably the best in the air of the four.

(I blocked you over the breadmaker incident)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2020 20:02

I think SCIAG has blocked most of us .

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2020 20:04

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Rafael

Araruna
Holmes
Morrison
Richards

Rinomhota
Swift
Laurent

Meite
Joao
Ejaria

Eh? Paul is saying only four of that starting line up will make the side on Saturday. He’s had a mare here as most of them will be starting although Holmes won’t be.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2020 20:07

Zip I think SCIAG has blocked most of us .

Has he blocked you? Surely not. You’re up there with the least offensive posters on the board

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2020 20:09

Hound

Has he blocked you? Surely not. You’re up there with the least offensive posters on the board

He mentioned a few posters who he hadn’t blocked. Literally two or three posters. Can’t recall who they were. Maybe you? Can’t remember.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2020 20:13

Better tread carefully in that case to remain that way :)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Sep 2020 21:19

Imagine bring that much of an overly offended fairy that you have to block people you disagree with rather than arguing your point. Weak, weak and weak.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Sep 2020 21:45

Zip
Hound

He mentioned a few posters who he hadn’t blocked. Literally two or three posters. Can’t recall who they were. Maybe you? Can’t remember.

No I haven’t :lol: I thought that was a very transparent joke. I also haven’t blocked NCS over the breadmaker incident.

That said I do recommend the block function as a useful way to remind yourself not to quote the forum’s troublemakers.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2020 22:10

Zip
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

Eh? Paul is saying only four of that starting line up will make the side on Saturday. He’s had a mare here as most of them will be starting although Holmes won’t be.

I think you're reading it wrong.

It'd be full on mental to think it would be a surprise if as many as four of those 11 start.

It's just a bit confusing to think that it would be a surprise for a particular four of those players to start,

ie Paul thinks it would be a surprise if Holmes, Richards, er Laurent and Meite? start.

It's not great English for sure.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Sep 2020 23:24

TBF I have only seen Holmes play once;from memory the occasion was a total left field selection on debut by Stam.His plus points were yes he is good in the air and despite being a fairly young lad on debut he stood his ground;however he was caught out of position (as you would expect) on a couple of occasions.With Gibson’s arrival it seems likely either he ,McIntyre or both will go out on loan.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2020 07:20

Westwood52 TBF I have only seen Holmes play once;from memory the occasion was a total left field selection on debut by Stam.His plus points were yes he is good in the air and despite being a fairly young lad on debut he stood his ground;however he was caught out of position (as you would expect) on a couple of occasions.With Gibson’s arrival it seems likely either he ,McIntyre or both will go out on loan.

He wasn't good at anything on his debut, he was a disaster and should never have been selected by Stam, it wasn't fair on Holmes to just be chucked in like that. Adam Le Fondre tore him a new arsehole all game long.

288 posts