BFT Cardiff iFollow

173 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT Cardiff iFollo

by Zip » 27 Sep 2020 09:26

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Jackson Corner 41 points from safety.... Not getting carried away this is Reading after all. I went to most of those 13 games at the start of the 85/86 season and most I came away thinking how did we win that? Not the case so far we deserved every win. The injuries are areal worry Swift, Yiadom Meite and Jaol . Next week will be a real test Watford are a strong side and we have our shocking home form. Anyway top of the league for another week hopefully at least some light relief during these grim times. :D

Meite is fine. He was dancing with a big smile on his face after the game.

Who has a better smile? Meite or Laurent?

That’s a difficult one but Laurent seems to have a similar upbeat approach as Yaks and I like that. Yaks puts a smile on my face. He is so different to so many footballers these days.
Last edited by Zip on 27 Sep 2020 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFT Cardiff iFollo

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2020 09:27

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip
Meite is fine. He was dancing with a big smile on his face after the game.

Who has a better smile? Meite or Laurent?

That’s a difficult one but Laurent seems to have a similar upbeat approach as Yaks and I like that

The 2 of them will probably charm the pants off most our opposition.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFT Cardiff iFollow

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 09:28

Royal Ginger
Westwood52 Anybody had a dislocated shoulder ? Do they just snap it back in;leave it for a week and your as good as new ?Yet some people need surgery.Did Moore ever get surgery done ?I have only ever dislocated a finger(volleyball,yeah I know),so I have no idea.A moment of extreme pain while they put it back,then no problems thereafter;despite the doc giving me a shedload of pain killers,which I didn’t need (and I have shares in paracetamol).

Dislocated my knee a few times whilst playing. The first time was the most pure brilliant pain I have ever experienced. Real fading at the edges, sound turns off stuff. It’s never quite been as bad as the first bit it’s the kind of injury I’ve never been able to avoid crying out during.

The knee’s never really fully recovered, but more than that the back of the mind fear of doing it again has completely ruined my confidence in it and with it any shred of ability I once had. I suppose this is where being a much younger than me athlete with the best physios and psychiatrists makes a difference.

I can’t imagine dislocating a major joint such as a shoulder is a minor thing for the majority of people, here’s hoping Joao is a bit special in the same was Moore is.

I had to clutch my knee while I read this.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 09:30

Can we take a minute to big up Liam Moore? The escape goating at the end of last year was pretty ridiculous.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2020 09:33

Royal Ginger
Westwood52 Anybody had a dislocated shoulder ? Do they just snap it back in;leave it for a week and your as good as new ?Yet some people need surgery.Did Moore ever get surgery done ?I have only ever dislocated a finger(volleyball,yeah I know),so I have no idea.A moment of extreme pain while they put it back,then no problems thereafter;despite the doc giving me a shedload of pain killers,which I didn’t need (and I have shares in paracetamol).

Dislocated my knee a few times whilst playing. The first time was the most pure brilliant pain I have ever experienced. Real fading at the edges, sound turns off stuff. It’s never quite been as bad as the first bit it’s the kind of injury I’ve never been able to avoid crying out during.

The knee’s never really fully recovered, but more than that the back of the mind fear of doing it again has completely ruined my confidence in it and with it any shred of ability I once had. I suppose this is where being a much younger than me athlete with the best physios and psychiatrists makes a difference.

I can’t imagine dislocating a major joint such as a shoulder is a minor thing for the majority of people, here’s hoping Joao is a bit special in the same was Moore is.

I have dislocated my knee 3 times. First time it was exactly as you describe. Second time I twisted as I fell so, luckily, it popped back in by itself. Third time I was just getting out of a shower and had to pop it in myself. Never damaged any ligaments or had any muscles tear luckily. I have 3 friends who have had to have operations after doing it just once.

On the shoulder thing I grew up with a guy who has dislocated his shoulder several times. Its much more manageable than a dislotacted knee.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 27 Sep 2020 09:37

Remember when Shaun Cummings just popped his shoulder back in while the game continued?

Cummings > Joao

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 09:37

NewCorkSeth
Royal Ginger

I have 3 friends.

Seems unlikely.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2020 09:39

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Royal Ginger Dislocated my knee a few times whilst playing. The first time was the most pure brilliant pain I have ever experienced. Real fading at the edges, sound turns off stuff. It’s never quite been as bad as the first bit it’s the kind of injury I’ve never been able to avoid crying out during.

I have 3 friends.

Seems unlikely.

Well. You calls it like you sees it. I'm sorry everyone. I made it all up to seem cool.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Sep 2020 09:50

Don't want to go too overboard as we've played 3 teams who are no great shakes at the moment but Paunovic is shaping up to have a blend of good man management skills and solid tactical nous.

The players look so much better drilled and disciplined than in recent years. I wonder whether it's purely down to the manager having a clearer, simpler and more precise game plan.

I love this quote

"The identity is still forging but we have a game plan and we stick to it. We adjusted to go through difficult moments"

Crucial week ahead of us. I'd like to see some sensible, focused recruitment ahead of good performance in a genuine test against Watford.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 27 Sep 2020 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2020 09:54

From Despair To Where? Don't want to go too overboard as we've played 3 teams who are no great shakes at the moment but Paunovic is shaping up to have a blend of good man management skills and solid tactical nous.

The players look so much better drilled and disciplined than in recent years. I wonder whether it's purely down to the manager having a clearer, simpler and more precise message.

I love this quote

"The identity is still forging but we have a game plan and we stick to it. We adjusted to go through difficult moments"

I think you are right. He does appear to have a clear message. Which, unsurprisingly given his nation of birth, is "fight and win".

In several key players, Morrison, Moore, Rinomhota, Laurent and Meite, we already have people willing to fight until the end. Many of them relish a challenge and will reflect his values on the pitch. Luckily the others are all quite ridiculously skillfull so it's a pretty good blend right now.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Sep 2020 09:55

The shoulder is much easier to dislocate than the kneecap. It usually needs to be completely rested for a few days and takes about a month to fully heal. Moore obviously hasn’t been prepared to go through with that which has led to it becoming a serial issue.

Just popping it back in is a bad idea because you can damage the connective tissue. Always get it checked out.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Sep 2020 10:01

NewCorkSeth
Royal Ginger

I have dislocated my knee 3 times. First time it was exactly as you describe. Second time I twisted as I fell so, luckily, it popped back in by itself. Third time I was just getting out of a shower and had to pop it in myself. Never damaged any ligaments or had any muscles tear luckily. I have 3 friends who have had to have operations after doing it just once.

On the shoulder thing I grew up with a guy who has dislocated his shoulder several times. Its much more manageable than a dislotacted knee.

I've had 2 acl operations and my knee still hurts despite physio. I cannot play football properly again and I was one of the best players in the whole of the AFA league in London. If I had a scout watch me I would have been signed up for sure.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2020 10:33

Pepe the Horseman Can we take a minute to big up Liam Moore? The escape goating at the end of last year was pretty ridiculous.

Absolutely

Would have more than happily seen him leave but be delighted if he proves me wrong and has been doing so far

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Sep 2020 11:06

Hound
Pepe the Horseman Can we take a minute to big up Liam Moore? The escape goating at the end of last year was pretty ridiculous.

Absolutely

Would have more than happily seen him leave but be delighted if he proves me wrong and has been doing so far

+1 as well. There was someone on twitter who changed his name to “tweeting Liam Moore every day until he leaves” or something, which is quite frankly, embarrassing.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Sep 2020 11:07

Pepe the Horseman
Royal Ginger

I’ve got a Chihuahua dog and both hind leg knees often dislocate and pop back in straight away with no apparent ill effects so don’t see the problem with it really.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2020 11:11

From Despair To Where? Don't want to go too overboard as we've played 3 teams who are no great shakes at the moment but Paunovic is shaping up to have a blend of good man management skills and solid tactical nous.

The players look so much better drilled and disciplined than in recent years. I wonder whether it's purely down to the manager having a clearer, simpler and more precise game plan.

I love this quote

Crucial week ahead of us. I'd like to see some sensible, focused recruitment ahead of good performance in a genuine test against Watford.

When he was arriving we were told he changed the tactics and team each week to focus on the opposition. This, amongst a couple of other things, seemed a really bad sign to me.

Very encouraged that hasn't been the case, though with our lack of depth and now injuries there isn't exactly much choice.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Sep 2020 11:14

Norfolk Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Royal Ginger Dislocated my knee a few times whilst playing. The first time was the most pure brilliant pain I have ever experienced. Real fading at the edges, sound turns off stuff. It’s never quite been as bad as the first bit it’s the kind of injury I’ve never been able to avoid crying out during.

I’ve got a Chihuahua dog and both hind leg knees often dislocate and pop back in straight away with no apparent ill effects so don’t see the problem with it really.

How good is your Chihuahua at hold up play?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 27 Sep 2020 11:31

I dislocated my shoulder in November 2016 and tore my labrum in March 2017.
Labral tear is what caused all the damage and required surgery. Took over a year until I was strong enough to pass my works fitness test (though it does include pull ups). Couldn't do any fast movements etc for 4 months.

Had a friend who dislocated his around the same time and after about a month he was good to go.

Best case scenario Joao had a dislocation and will be out for 3 - 4 weeks.
Worst case scenario he tore his labrum and will likely be out until at least March.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Sep 2020 11:39

We seem to have a strong spine to the team, which means our more “technical” players are able to fit in, which didn’t seem the case in the last few seasons. Balance between graft and flair is crucial

For example, I’m sure having Rinomhota, Laurent and Morrison around Araruna and Richards are really developing their game and improving them as a player. Wise, knowledgable players who help relieve the pressure

Similarly Joao up top brings out the best in Olise, Ejaria, Aluko etc. Knowing the ball will likely stick to him means those sort of players can make better decisions about where to be etc

Another conundrum next week if Joao is out (and perhaps the foreseeable). Will be big pressure on Puscas/Baldock IMO

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2020 11:43

Without Joao we have the tough choice of hoping Meite / Puscas / Baldock can do enough in the same role or change the whole shape.

None of them has Joao's first touch or quick silky feet.

I hate changing a successful set up and believe in making the opposition have to counter us, not the other way round, but I just don't see it being a consistently successful system led by any of them.

173 posts