BFT Watford

158 posts
ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT Watford

by ayjaydee » 03 Oct 2020 18:14

Us football fans are not really hard to please. Give us a team with a decent balance of skill and graft where every player is giving their all and that will do most of us. That’s what we got today, not an escape goat amongst them.
Best bit for me apart from the 3 points was the tackle from Aluko that ended up with a free kick to us.
Also nice to have the luxury of Joao as an unused sub with a 2 week break coming up.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Oct 2020 18:14

WoodleyRoyal https://twitter.com/rfclatest/status/1312433574080057344?s=24

This is the sort of shit I want to see. The team spirit seems sky high. All down to pauno. Celebrating a home win against Watford as if we’ve won the league. Great stuff

Tinpot.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 03 Oct 2020 18:15

I'm impressed at the way Rino carries the ball and always seems to glide away from opposition players...

There's a touch of the Mick Gooding about him IMHO

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Oct 2020 18:23

The small squad makes a massive difference. I think that has also helped tremendously. No separate cliques and way more easier to identify problems. Not rotating players is big plus. Previous managers have fallen foul of this.
It actually means that youngsters have a chance to shine and feel wanted and given a chance to play.
5 academy players today on at once. Never would have happened under previous regimes.
One last thing. I was harsh on John o Shea back end of last season. Thought he was clueless looking at defence and end of season performances. I was completely wrong. Paunovic has helped him clearly and he also looks to be doing the biz. Defence looks such a solid unit.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Oct 2020 18:26

it is quite funny still after 1 good performance everybody is sucking off aluko, after 2 years of every single poster constantly saying how shite he is and a waste of money and space and he is the worst player ever

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 03 Oct 2020 18:29

Jagermesiter1871
Bristol Paul
Millsy
No.

Thoroughly dominated them? I don’t think so........you must be one of those loose 2 games, we are doomed, win 2 games, we are going are going to be champions. Jesus. I’ll have a read of your posts when we loose a few...

In fairness I never felt threatened by Watford.

Yes I agree, but dominated??

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2020 18:32

Simmops it is quite funny still after 1 good performance everybody is sucking off aluko, after 2 years of every single poster constantly saying how shite he is and a waste of money and space and he is the worst player ever

Because we credit performances. We didn't have an agenda against him he was shit for almost all of that time. He was very, very good today.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 03 Oct 2020 18:32

NewCorkSeth So is Pauno just some incredible motivator then? He seems to have reinvigorated the fire in so many players. Moore looks back to his best.

The atmosphere after the game was pretty motivating, if you ‘do’ Instagram. Pauno will never be picked for Strictly unless he changes dancing style, though.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Oct 2020 18:36

Simmops it is quite funny still after 1 good performance everybody is sucking off aluko, after 2 years of every single poster constantly saying how shite he is and a waste of money and space and he is the worst player ever

Aluko signed 3 years ago. Today was by a country mile the best performance (and hard working shift) he has put in. Credit to the management team for bringing him back into the fold. As when he was bought from Fulham for a record fee. He certainly wasn't a bad player.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Oct 2020 18:37

Singing Defective
NewCorkSeth So is Pauno just some incredible motivator then? He seems to have reinvigorated the fire in so many players. Moore looks back to his best.

The atmosphere after the game was pretty motivating, if you ‘do’ Instagram. Pauno will never be picked for Strictly unless he changes dancing style, though.

Wasn't the Watford manager a total contrast during the game. Looked withdrawn and detached.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 03 Oct 2020 18:40

Lower West
Singing Defective

Wasn't the Watford manager a total contrast during the game. Looked withdrawn and detached.

..whereas Paunovic’ looked ready to bust a blood vessel in the first half, thank goodness Pus’cas’ delivered just in time...

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Oct 2020 18:45

I didn’t hear it mentioned on the radio so just wanted to check here, we’re definitely going up yeah? Probably as champions.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2020 18:48

Silver Fox I didn’t hear it mentioned on the radio so just wanted to check here, we’re definitely going up yeah? Probably as champions.

Yep and by the middle of March.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Oct 2020 18:49

Silver Fox I didn’t hear it mentioned on the radio so just wanted to check here, we’re definitely going up yeah? Probably as champions.

Probably promoted after game 28, as our u14s fight back for a 3-2 win as our injury crisis deepens 84pts usually is enough

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 03 Oct 2020 18:55

Lower West
Singing Defective

He does seem to be a quite and reserved type of guy....how long will he last!?

Cannot complain really about the result given after that opening 20 minutes you handled us fairly well and had a lot more efforts on target.

Good luck for the season and well maybe we'll see you at the Vic!?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2020 18:59

Super_horns
Lower West
Singing Defective

He does seem to be a quite and reserved type of guy....how long will he last!?

Cannot complain really about the result given after that opening 20 minutes you handled us fairly well and had a lot more efforts on target.

Good luck for the season and well maybe we'll see you at the Vic!?

Would be good if we did see you at the Vic. Let’s hope so.
I thought you looked very good early on but in the second half were poor. Early days for both clubs. It’s a cracking start for our boys though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Oct 2020 19:00

....and welcome back Horns !

Long time, no hear

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 03 Oct 2020 19:07

AthleticoSpizz ....and welcome back Horns !

Long time, no hear

Cheers!

We seem to be pretty solid defensive wise but do have few key injuries or lost players in attack or midfield.

Sarr is a very good player but not really a striker and been linked with a move away whilst Pedro is another prospect but young.

Probably missed someone like Will Hughes in midfield who is a bit more direct and can spot a pass at this level.

We did start well but your tactical change was the key.

A deflected goal we will say but well sometimes you need that "luck".

Ours last week was when we won 1-0.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2020 19:09

Good to hear from you horns. Comfortably the best side we've played so far.

Deeney and Murray to come in is a bit frightening in the Championship. :shock:

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 03 Oct 2020 19:12

Snowflake Royal Good to hear from you horns. Comfortably the best side we've played so far.

Deeney and Murray to come in is a bit frightening in the Championship. :shock:

if fully fit and motivated they should be good and physically add a lot to our team.

I mean we still have Danny Welbeck, Capoue and Deulofeu hanging around but doubt they will play for us again although the latter is actually injured so not sure what will happen to him.

Trust us to have 2 solid Championship players in Hughes and Andre Gray (even if he was pretty poor in the Premier league for us) injured too.

158 posts