MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (h) sponsored by Scott Murray

323 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (h) sponsored by Scott Murray

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 14:51

Old Man Andrews Other than Rafael's slow reactions for the Bristol City goal there wasn't a single negative today. We looked like a top of the league side and made a very good Britol City side look ordinary.

Yep agreed. Laughable interview with Holden and reference to penalties when their goal was clearly offside and they should have been down to nine.
We made them look like what they are. A mid table side.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2020 14:51

They kindly just showed the 2 pen appeals

You’d be horrified if they got given against you

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 14:52

This SKY presenter is awful. Maybe offside. Er no. Definitely offside.
Last edited by Zip on 28 Nov 2020 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2020 14:52

Zip
Old Man Andrews Other than Rafael's slow reactions for the Bristol City goal there wasn't a single negative today. We looked like a top of the league side and made a very good Britol City side look ordinary.

Yep agreed. Laughable interview with Holden and reference to penalties when their goal was clearly offside and they should have been down to nine.

Tbf I thought he came across well. Bit of a leading question on the pens, prob need seen them back

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2020 14:54

Zip

His side were shite, they didn't deserve their goal. They only had 2 shots on target from memory, one of them being a very tame shot. Their defenders couldn't live with Joao who must be up there with the most in form strikers in world football at the moment in terms of pure stats.

Holden should just hold his hands up and say they got done by far the better team, we outclassed them in every area.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Nov 2020 14:55

Zip This SKY presenter is awful. Maybe offside. Er no. Definitely offside.

And said City could have had a pen, fcuking weapon not got a clue, not even close.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Nov 2020 14:56

Good news guys

I watched the game and we didn’t lose :shock:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 14:58

Joao worked harder today. Absolutely fantastic performance today. I think he’s now got 13 goals and 5 assists from 15 games this season which is ridiculous. I’m not sure I’ve seen a better centre forward at our club.He just needs to work harder at times because he is a PL quality player in every other respect.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Nov 2020 15:00

The MOOre clearance sn’t even worth discussing, he cleared the ball, the City player kicked Moore’s ankle.
The Morrison ‘push’ looks worse in slow mo but it really wasn’t a pen. Far worse things happen at every corner and free kick.
Martin should have walked for his really nasty stamp on Moore’s Achilles. The two footed tackle thatLaurent dodged was less cynical and I think the guy survived thanks to Laurent. Also his feet were low, itwasn’t a leg breaker.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Nov 2020 15:00

Franchise FC Good news guys

Same!!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Nov 2020 15:01

Zip Joao worked harder today. Absolutely fantastic performance today. I think he’s now got 13 goals and 5 assists from 15 games this season which is ridiculous. I’m not sure I’ve seen a better centre forward at our club.He just needs to work harder at times because he is a PL quality player in every other respect.

Just a bit worried about burn out with him, especially over Christmas. I hope the manager considers using Meite up top rather than Puscas or Baldock should Joao need a rest, he's similar to Joao in many ways albeit not as clinical in front of goal.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2020 15:03

Zip Joao worked harder today. Absolutely fantastic performance today. I think he’s now got 13 goals and 5 assists from 15 games this season which is ridiculous. I’m not sure I’ve seen a better centre forward at our club.He just needs to work harder at times because he is a PL quality player in every other respect.

Sheff weds fans not warning us about him anymore then? :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 15:04

Old Man Andrews

Just a bit worried about burn out with him, especially over Christmas. I hope the manager considers using Meite up top rather than Puscas or Baldock should Joao need a rest, he's similar to Joao in many ways albeit not as clinical in front of goal.

Yep. We need to keep Joao fit for the season if we can. Maybe have him on the bench for some games and bring him on only if needed. However he is looking very happy at the moment and that’s got to be good.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Nov 2020 15:05

Hendo
Franchise FC Good news guys

Same!!

I’m normally the biggest jinx going but maybe that’s sorted it.

At home as well

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 15:06

Hound

He seems to be the type of player that needs to be happy in his surroundings. He gets on very well with Laurent and seems very settled now. Good to see him and Yaks creating chances for each other too.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Nov 2020 15:08

Hound

He`s got 12 hasn`t he?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 15:11

windermereROYAL
Hound

He`s got 12 hasn`t he?

Yep. Nine in the League and three in the Cup. Still fantastic.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2020 15:13

Poster on the Cardiff City site I post on waxing lyrical about our fantastic players and attacking ability that as a Cardiff fan he could only dream of from his club.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Nov 2020 15:14

Old Man Andrews

Puscas is out for a while. As yet undetermined.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Nov 2020 15:15

Kitson is still the benchmark for me.

However, Joao is the closest player we’ve had to someone like that for a while. Yann can also be considered in that, but Joao is as close to a “complete forward” as you’re probably likely to see in this league.

323 posts