MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (a) sponsored by Jack Witham

411 posts
JR

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (a) sponsored by Jack Witham

by JR » 02 Dec 2020 22:21

WoodleyRoyal What a fabulous interview from Pauno. Very calm and measured. You cant help but like him.

I’ve always liked him. But tonight showed class.

Red card - reckless and can’t do that these days.

Pens - I thought they had two. We were lucky tonight.

Refreshing

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 22:24

This is why I favour VAR. for all it’s faults it would have corrected some of the shambolic decisions we have seen in the past two games.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 22:25

JR
WoodleyRoyal What a fabulous interview from Pauno. Very calm and measured. You cant help but like him.

Refreshing

Woodley is referring to our manager. Not Pulis.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 02 Dec 2020 22:27

CountryRoyal
Hound Squad depth is basically ok. Missing 4 big players in Yiadom, Swift, Puscas and Meite and still pretty strong

I’m not sure I agree with that. We don’t have any players we can throw on off the bench which give you confidence they can go and get you that win.

I think with everyone fully fit, only four of Swift, Meite, Ejaria and Olise can start in the 3 roles behind Joao, so at least one would be a potential gamechanger off the bench and all offering something different. Plus Puscas as a second striker offers more than Baldock

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Dec 2020 22:28

Zip
JR

Refreshing

I was, but the same goes for pullis also tbf He was quite humble and under no illusions that they got lucky.
Spoke well about us.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Dec 2020 22:29

Brain Traysers
CountryRoyal
Hound Squad depth is basically ok. Missing 4 big players in Yiadom, Swift, Puscas and Meite and still pretty strong

I’m not sure I agree with that. We don’t have any players we can throw on off the bench which give you confidence they can go and get you that win.

I think with everyone fully fit, only four of Swift, Meite, Ejaria and Olise can start in the 3 roles behind Joao, so at least one would be a potential gamechanger off the bench and all offering something different. Plus Puscas as a second striker offers more than Baldock

Yeah agreed when everyone is fit. But at the moment it’s definitely win it with the eleven on the pitch at the start or nowt.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 22:29

WoodleyRoyal
Zip
JR

Refreshing

I was, but the same goes for pullis also tbf He was quite humble and under no illusions that they got lucky.
Spoke well about us.

Yes he was fair. He knew they got out of jail tonight. This ref will be facing demotion after tonight.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Dec 2020 22:30

Zip This is why I favour VAR. for all it’s faults it would have corrected some of the shambolic decisions we have seen in the past two games.

And how points could we have lost because someone's toenail was offside? Or because someone sneezed on someone else 5 minutes before a goal. Fukk that

We didn't win because we couldn't break down 10 men.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 22:31

Brain Traysers
CountryRoyal

A lame guinea pig would offer more than Baldock.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2020 22:31

CountryRoyal

I think any team is going to be lacking options to win a game from the bench if they have two forwards and a creative midfielder out injured.

And it shouldn't have mattered in the slightest. Because we should have had somewhere in the region of 2 to 4 penalties and won at a canter

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2020 22:34

John Madejski's Wallet
Zip This is why I favour VAR. for all it’s faults it would have corrected some of the shambolic decisions we have seen in the past two games.

And how points could we have lost because someone's toenail was offside? Or because someone sneezed on someone else 5 minutes before a goal. Fukk that

We couldn't win because every time we broke down 10 men they fouled us in the box and got away with it.

JR

by JR » 02 Dec 2020 22:34

Zip
JR

Refreshing

Quoted the wrong post. Must be my anger from the ref’s performance

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Dec 2020 22:39

Zip
Brain Traysers
CountryRoyal

A lame guinea pig would offer more than Baldock.

Would have preferred to have kept McNulty and let baldock go.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 02 Dec 2020 22:48

Zip

The trouble is that we are relying on Baldock coming on and making a difference. He is hopeless.

We are a very technical side nowadays, he doesn’t fit that mould clearly and his 1st touch is average. But he’d be a good option for a fast-paced direct team

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 22:49

John Madejski's Wallet

We didn’t win because of grossly incompetent refereeing. If we score from the penalty spot they have to come at us instead of parking the bus. With a decent ref that finishes 3 or 4-1. So yeah give me VAR over joke match officials every day of the week.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Dec 2020 22:59

CountryRoyal
bcubed
Hound
Yeah fair enough. Don’t mind him so much, it’s just his awful football

Yeh very fair

Summary? I turned off.

Honest as always
Said we were a really good side and was happy with a point. Thought we probably should have had 2 pens. Said the red was a reckless challenge and you can't do that these days. Need to address that as they've had 5 reds. Also thought it probably wasn't a free kick before our goal. But very calm and no excuses

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Dec 2020 23:20

Felt we did quite well tonight, moved the ball around a little too slowly at times, but nonetheless looked pretty threatening throughout

Disappointed with the choice/timing of subs though, Esteves and Aluko should have been on for Holmes and Semedo minute earlier, both did relatively well off the bench whereas Semedo and Holmes weren’t quite offering enough. Then there’s Baldock who was a waste of a sub, should only really be used as an absolute last resort from the bench, he’s either a starter in a two up top or someone to come on holding a lead, waste of time when chasing a goal

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Dec 2020 23:43

There were a few times middle of the second half when we were still playing a back four and it felt like an extra body in the box would have made a difference.

Then I looked at the bench. Esteves and Aluko were the only choice that was ever going to be made. It was a bit too predictable for a defensive manager like Pulis to be fooled.

Puscas, Swift and Meite may have been the answers.

Another day eh?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 03 Dec 2020 03:44

John Madejski's Wallet

Agreed that VAR isn’t the solution, but we did break them down, it’s just when we did, they Handballed it and fouled us in the penalty area.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 03 Dec 2020 07:23

What with Norwich losing too, had we won we'd be top by a point again. Gutted, but lets hope the manager can use that frustration to our advantage.

411 posts