Back from the actual game

141 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the actual game

by Hendo » 07 Dec 2020 10:16

Mr Angry I would argue that this is the most creative Reading team ever, even more so than in 05/06.

They are an absolute pleasure to watch, and though - because of their relative youth - they will screw up now and then, that is a price worth paying to watch genuine talent wearing the hoops.

I think they're probably both as creative but in different ways.

05/06 you had the creativity come from the wide areas in Convey, Little, Shorey and Murty whereas this team, the creativity comes from more central areas.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2020 11:33

Interesting development that QPR will kneel on Tuesday when they face Millwall. Clearly doing so because they took Ferdinands comments out of context and are justifying their bullshit with what he said.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 07 Dec 2020 11:37

Nice write ups, people.
Cheers.

Phoenix Force

by Phoenix Force » 07 Dec 2020 11:47

NewCorkSeth Interesting development that QPR will kneel on Tuesday when they face Millwall. Clearly doing so because they took Ferdinands comments out of context and are justifying their bullshit with what he said.

Can we clarify, are you a racist?

Phoenix Force

by Phoenix Force » 07 Dec 2020 11:52

I've been absent from this board for a couple of years now. Came back to see if it had improved. Discovered that a new name, Karbota, has appeared and that this person is another trolling fool. I'm off back to AE and Twitter.

ps. Olise reminds me of a certain Icelander.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2020 11:53

Phoenix Force I've been absent from this board for a couple of years now. Came back to see if it had improved. Discovered that a new name, Karbota, has appeared and that this person is another trolling fool. I'm off back to AE and Twitter.

its not that bad surely?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Dec 2020 11:58

Phoenix Force ps. Olise reminds me of a certain Icelander.

Gunnar Heiðar Þorvaldsson :?:

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Dec 2020 12:07

Phoenix Force
NewCorkSeth Interesting development that QPR will kneel on Tuesday when they face Millwall. Clearly doing so because they took Ferdinands comments out of context and are justifying their bullshit with what he said.

Can we clarify, are you a racist?

He might be but I am not. I assure you.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2020 12:11

Hendo
Phoenix Force ps. Olise reminds me of a certain Icelander.

Gunnar Heiðar Þorvaldsson :?:

Tomas Urbanic?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2020 12:11

Mr Angry I would argue that this is the most creative Reading team ever, even more so than in 05/06.

They are an absolute pleasure to watch, and though - because of their relative youth - they will screw up now and then, that is a price worth paying to watch genuine talent wearing the hoops.

Wouldn’t go to that extent but we’re getting better each week, the potential is really there

We’ve evolved from creating a few chances each game but taking them and relying on clean sheets to actually playing better offensively and creating a lot more chances, whilst still being fairly solid at the back, albeit not as solid at the start

Which is exactly what we needed to do. Win games by the odd goal, build confidence around the team and eventually that confidence oozes up the team

Pauno has done a fantastic job so far, i felt even on our loss streak we were arguably the better aide in all 4 games, other than perhaps Bournemouth

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2020 12:21

People forget how good Little and Convey were.

If Ejaria gets 14 assists then maybe we can start comparing him to Little.

Meite vs Convey is more interesting. Convey was a more gifted player and more rounded, but clearly Meite’s physicality adds an extra dimension to our play and he’s got more of a goal threat. Can’t see him getting 12 assists.

Then you’re comparing Joao and Olise to Kitson and Doyle. Joao vs Kitson is an obvious comparison but Olise vs Doyle is awkward as they’re such different players.

I don’t think there’s a single player in this side I’d take ahead of their 2005/06 equivalent. Right back is once again the weak point (no slight against Murts but he was committed rather than talented). If you brought Olise in for Doyle then it would upset the balance.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Dec 2020 12:22

karbota James Cleverly on Booing the knee.

Mr Cleverly added that football has a longstanding organisation dedicated to fighting racism in the sport, Kick Racism Out Of Football, which he said he did not think got the kind of coverage they deserve.

He said there were "some within the BLM movement who are pushing a very extreme political agenda."

The only clever bit about that clown is in his surname.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2020 13:03

Most technically skillfully maybe.

106ers scored 99 goals. This lot won't get close to that, or their points.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Dec 2020 13:11

Snowflake Royal Most technically skillfully maybe.

106ers scored 99 goals. This lot won't get close to that, or their points.

A bit of pointless extrapolation says we are on track for 75 goals and 86 points. Not that close to 106ers, but would still be a fair effort.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2020 13:36

URZZZZ

Wouldn’t go to that extent but we’re getting better each week, the potential is really there

We’ve evolved from creating a few chances each game but taking them and relying on clean sheets to actually playing better offensively and creating a lot more chances, whilst still being fairly solid at the back, albeit not as solid at the start

Which is exactly what we needed to do. Win games by the odd goal, build confidence around the team and eventually that confidence oozes up the team

Pauno has done a fantastic job so far, i felt even on our loss streak we were arguably the better aide in all 4 games, other than perhaps Bournemouth

tbf against Bournemouth in the first half, that was arguably our best display of the season. I knew at ht we've got the basis of a very good team, regardless of what happened in the second

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 07 Dec 2020 14:50

Hound
URZZZZ

tbf against Bournemouth in the first half, that was arguably our best display of the season. I knew at ht we've got the basis of a very good team, regardless of what happened in the second

Agreed because it was against what might turn out to be the best team in the division.
We might give them a run for their money over the season but to do so will need to add squad strength in the next window IMHO.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Dec 2020 14:57

Hound
Phoenix Force I've been absent from this board for a couple of years now. Came back to see if it had improved. Discovered that a new name, Karbota, has appeared and that this person is another trolling fool. I'm off back to AE and Twitter.

its not that bad surely?

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont hound him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2020 15:01

NTT20 podcast briefly touch on the game.

"I now think they are a side who look so good, who look so assured in possession"

Remain unconvinced by our defence but lots of plaudits for our forward play, including for Laurent.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Dec 2020 17:14

South Coast Royal
Hound
URZZZZ

Agreed because it was against what might turn out to be the best team in the division.
We might give them a run for their money over the season but to do so will need to add squad strength in the next window IMHO.

Disagree. It was good defensively but didn’t offer that much going forward. We’re clinical with our only real ventures into their half.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 07 Dec 2020 20:06

This debate really getting interesting.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/youre-losing- ... 18861.html

Fox clearly put one over luvvy Piers.

141 posts