MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by injury problems

270 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by injury problems

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 17:13

Hound
Zip
windermereROYAL 11 points from 13 games, relegation form, thank god for our great start.

Its 12 games Windy but what a comedown after the start to the season. Thank God we got early points on the board. Pauno needs to turn this around very soon though. I can’t see the owners being very patient given their previous track record.

It’s also gone hand in hand with brutal injuries to a shallow squad

Pauno has done little wrong imo

Brutal injuries since Brum really. We had a team out that night which should have done a lot better. The injuries were about average in that four match losing streak. As you know I feel that Brum game is going to prove pivotal I’m afraid.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2020 17:15

Zip
Hound
Zip
Its 12 games Windy but what a comedown after the start to the season. Thank God we got early points on the board. Pauno needs to turn this around very soon though. I can’t see the owners being very patient given their previous track record.

Brutal injuries since Brum really. We had a team out that night which should have done a lot better. The injuries were about average in that four match losing streak. As you know I feel that Brum game is going to prove pivotal I’m afraid.

Yep that Brum game was a poor one in many ways. They aren’t a good team, we dropped 3 points and lost arguably our 3 most effective players

Probably a pivotal game.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Dec 2020 17:15

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 Sam Baldock and offside go hand in hand.

Party because no one in this goddamn team can spot his run and play it on time for him.

WTAF was the referee doing overriding a linesman 10 yards from play and in line on a blatant offside when he was about 30 yards behind play?

You go far too far jn your protection of Baldock. Hes not a good player. He cant hold his run yet you blame everyone else in the team. Its him Ian. He's not good enough.

Puscas looked exactly the same last season when Joao was out. Style has to be adapted to suit the players available. We don't create enough chances.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 19 Dec 2020 17:16

Hound
Zip
windermereROYAL 11 points from 13 games, relegation form, thank god for our great start.

If Joao and co come back fit we’ve a shout at the play offs still. We’d all have taken that in September

This is the biggest issue, our squad is paper thin. We can beat anyone with our best line up. However, the replacements aren’t up to the job! I said 12th at the start of the season, I still reckon we’ll be about there at the end of it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Dec 2020 17:16

Zip

The owners aren`t blind, they can see the serious injury crisis we have on our hands.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 17:17

Kitsondinho
Hound
Zip

If Joao and co come back fit we’ve a shout at the play offs still. We’d all have taken that in September

This is the biggest issue, our squad is paper thin. We can beat anyone with our best line up. However, the replacements aren’t up to the job! I said 12th at the start of the season, I still reckon we’ll be about there at the end of it.

I think that prediction is about right but mid table will feel very disappointing after that fast start.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2020 17:17

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 Sam Baldock and offside go hand in hand.

Party because no one in this goddamn team can spot his run and play it on time for him.

WTAF was the referee doing overriding a linesman 10 yards from play and in line on a blatant offside when he was about 30 yards behind play?

You go far too far jn your protection of Baldock. Hes not a good player. He cant hold his run yet you blame everyone else in the team. Its him Ian. He's not good enough.

I dont rate him. I just don't slate him for things that aren't his fault. The ball to him is always slow. Two games running now we've seen him run, realise the ball isn't coming, check back onside and run again only to still not get it played through right.

He can't just stand on the shoulder waiting for the ball to be played, it's too late to go at that point. His run HAS to be read and looked for.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Dec 2020 17:19

Considering we only have 2 on loan right now, do we see if we can get some more loan signings in Jan to patch up our depleted squad?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 17:20

Hound
Zip
Hound

Yep that Brum game was a poor one in many ways. They aren’t a good team, we dropped 3 points and lost arguably our 3 most effective players

Probably a pivotal game.

Let’s hope we have enough to beat Luton. A win does change the mindset. If we can win that the expected Swansea defeat will still mean we are in touch with the play offs. We really need Joao back asap though.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Dec 2020 17:20

Hound
Zip
Hound

Probably a pivotal game.

Agreed it was a bad game but Birmingham played well

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2020 17:22

bcubed
Hound
Zip

Probably a pivotal game.

They did. Or I thought they did. But looking at the rest of their results this year gives a clearer pic of how good they are. Ie not very good at all

We played poorly as much as they played well I think

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Dec 2020 17:22

Zip
Hound
Zip

Probably a pivotal game.

Let’s hope we have enough to beat Luton. A win does change the mindset. If we can win that the expected Swansea defeat will still mean we are in touch with the play offs. We really need Joao back asap though.

I was shocked that we have managed to keep playing so confidently after some big losses. If we come out against Luton and still look positive I'll be amazed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 17:22

tidus_mi2 Considering we only have 2 on loan right now, do we see if we can get some more loan signings in Jan to patch up our depleted squad?

It’s three I think. Gibson, Esteves and Semedo but yes absolutely let’s bring some more loanees in. I would question whether we also keep all three existing loanees as well.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Dec 2020 17:23

Hound
bcubed
Hound

Probably a pivotal game.

They did. Or I thought they did. But looking at the rest of their results this year gives a clearer pic of how good they are. Ie not very good at all

Seems they excelled themselves against us

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 17:24

Hound
bcubed
Hound

Probably a pivotal game.

We started that game so badly playing it around at the back. That gave them confidence and they took the initiative. However in the second half they were pretty poor and had Joao converted the pen it’s 2-2 with twenty to go against ten men. That was a rotten night.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Dec 2020 17:25

Zip
Hound
Zip

Not sure how we lost the Birmingham game tbh

Baldock wasn’t playing and Rafael made no mistakes so there’s no scapegoats!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Dec 2020 17:30

Need to start playing players in their proper positions. We had a RB and a LB in the squad, yet we played a CB at RB and a RB at LB. It isn’t good enough I’m afraid

Seems to be following the trend of his predecessors of choosing players to a certain style rather than adapting his style to the available players

The injury excuse can only go so far too, you deal with it and make the most of what you have, and if that includes having to use some U23, so be it, I really dislike using players in their wrong position

Most of our losses we’ve given it a right good go but that’s two in a row where the tactics and implementation of them have been generally poor. Need to see a reaction next game

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Dec 2020 17:34

URZZZZ Need to start playing players in their proper positions. We had a RB and a LB in the squad, yet we played a CB at RB and a RB at LB. It isn’t good enough I’m afraid

Seems to be following the trend of his predecessors of choosing players to a certain style rather than adapting his style to the available players

The injury excuse can only go so far too, you deal with it and make the most of what you have, and if that includes having to use some U23, so be it, I really dislike using players in their wrong position

Most of our losses we’ve given it a right good go but that’s two in a row where the tactics and implementation of them have been generally poor. Need to see a reaction next game

To what extent though? He decided Bristow wasn't ready and he was the only option we had for an in-position left back. We literally had a bench of youngsters + Aluko, it's all well and good saying we should play players in position but do you watch the U23 or U18 matches? Can you confidently say those players can make the step up?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Dec 2020 17:39

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Party because no one in this goddamn team can spot his run and play it on time for him.

I dont rate him. I just don't slate him for things that aren't his fault. The ball to him is always slow. Two games running now we've seen him run, realise the ball isn't coming, check back onside and run again only to still not get it played through right.

He can't just stand on the shoulder waiting for the ball to be played, it's too late to go at that point. His run HAS to be read and looked for.

Last week is a perfect example of why that isn't an excuse. He broke, twice, before the ball was even in a position to be played. It might be due to a lack of minutes but he just doesn't have the edge.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 19 Dec 2020 17:43

Zip
tidus_mi2 Considering we only have 2 on loan right now, do we see if we can get some more loan signings in Jan to patch up our depleted squad?

It’s three I think. Gibson, Esteves and Semedo but yes absolutely let’s bring some more loanees in. I would question whether we also keep all three existing loanees as well.

No those three should be sent back as not good enough.

270 posts